Terrorism or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think this was an act of terror?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Maybe, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • It's a conspiracy and inside job by the Bush Administration to scare us.

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
ramblin rose said:

So let me get this straight. You find it funny for someone to say about Bono "Id break his fucking heart by murdering his family in front of him." , but "youtube comments piss you off more than just about anything in the entire world"? :huh:

LOL

I'd bet there are those who WANT it to be terror attack.

Any guesses as to whether those people would be Republicans or Democrats?

Feds Seize Rocket Launcher In N.J.
AT-4 Launcher Found On Jersey City Lawn

Scott Weinberger
Reporting

(CBS) JERSEY CITY A Jersey City woman made a shocking discovery on her lawn this morning when she noticed a military rocket launcher lying in the grass.

Niranjana Besai was leaving her house, located at 88 Nelson Street, to go to work just after 8 this morning when she spotted the launcher on her front lawn. "I read it and it [said] 'missile,'" Besai told CBS 2 HD. "There was little 'missile' [writing] on it."

She immediately called police.

Sources tell CBS 2 HD that the device is an AT-4 missile launcher that is used to fire against tanks and buildings. The device was first approved by the U.S. Army in 1985 and questions are being raised as to whether the device was stolen from a branch of the military.

Its very powerful warheads can penetrate through well over a foot of armor.

What's more troubling, sources add, is that Besai's house is located along flight path for Newark Liberty International Airport.

Besai's neighbor, Joe Quinn, saw her pointing at the device from her front porch. When he walked over to see what the fuss was about, he was just as shocked to see weapon, said to be about three or four feet long and weighing about 15 pounds.

"She's pointing that there's something in the front," he told CBS 2 HD. "I said, 'Let me come down and take a look,' and I saw a little soldier on it and I said, 'Whoa, that's a missile launcher or something!'"

Quinn says he originally thought the launcher was just a pipe, but after noticing the picture of the soldier -- which he described as a soldier kneeling, holding the launcher -- he realized it looked similar to a missile launcher he'd seen on television. "I got scared myself," he says. "It looked like a bazooka, and right away you think what does somebody want with something like that?"

Digg This Story!

Jersey City Police removed the launcher, and the incident is now being investigated by the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI.

Well, whoever these terrorist were, they weren't the sharpest bunch:

"Okay, we're ready to shoot down the planes. Where's the missile?"

"Uh. . .the missile?"

"Yes, the missile! Don't you have it?"

"No, I thought you had it!"

"Oh. . .man, I must a dropped back there in that New Jersey neighborhood. Dangit!"

"Dangit!"

deep said:
_40832909_chertoff1_ap203b.jpg

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said he had a "gut feeling". :shrug:
Those bastards in the Bush administration. Did anyone notice how all those threat level warnings stopped the moment Bush won the 2004 election? They have to pay big time!

diamond said:

It could have gotten there a dozen different ways. About 8 years ago, pre 9/11 a kid from the local high school got a hold of a grenade launcher and a couple pounds of plastic explosives, his father was some high ranking military officer. He had the grenade launcher in the trunk of his car and the explosives in his locker... So like I said, a dozen different ways, lets hold off speculations until facts are presented, otherwise we just look paranoid and foolish.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It could have gotten there a dozen different ways. About 8 years ago, pre 9/11 a kid from the local high school got a hold of a grenade launcher and a couple pounds of plastic explosives,

so it was a grenade launcher

and not an AT4?

Image:AT4_rocket_launcher.jpg
300px-AT4_rocket_launcher.jpg

unico said:
i wish there was a way to block the youtube comments. :|

Agreed. Those people are Neanderthals, minus the necessary humor.

And no, there is zero proof that the explosion was terror-related. So there was an AT-4 launcher lying on someone's lawn...big deal. No one knows how it got there, nor is there any evidence to suggest that it even had something to do with the explosion.

Back
Top Bottom