Terrorism Level Orange coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
I brought this back because I did not want to start a new thread

The alert has been lower from orange to yellow.

Why do you think this happened?

There are two ways of looking at it, I guess. You could say that whatever threat there was has passed and so the security level has been lowered. Or you could suggest that it's because when there is an attack on Iraq the government will want to increase the security level and so it has to be lowered in order for it to do that.

Some people will say that the fact that the level was lowered and there wasn't a terrorist attack means there wasn't ever a real threat. Others will say it's evidence that having a way of raising the level of security has been effective in preventing attacks. I guess you can't even know for sure though.

My theory is that it was raised to begin with to scare people from participating in the peace marches. Or whenever Bush is having a bad hair day he raises the warning to see if he can get some attention.

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
My theory is that it was raised to begin with to scare people from participating in the peace marches.

I have to admit that crossed my mind too. The week before the February 15th march in London we had non-stop warnings about terrorist attacks on London, including tanks surrounding Heathrow airport.

I almost feel like I'm being too cynical about it, but some of the things this government have done seem to show it's a good idea to have that level of scepticism when looking at their actions.

People here aren't very worried at all. That worries me, because we've already foiled one plot to bomb a subway (near the American navy base, no less) and Bali's already been decimated. I'm tired of all this terrorism, of course, but the threat is very real.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

I have to admit that crossed my mind too. The week before the February 15th march in London we had non-stop warnings about terrorist attacks on London, including tanks surrounding Heathrow airport.

I almost feel like I'm being too cynical about it, but some of the things this government have done seem to show it's a good idea to have that level of scepticism when looking at their actions.

Cynical seems appropriate right now to me.

joyfulgirl said:
My theory is that it was raised to begin with to scare people from participating in the peace marches. Or whenever Bush is having a bad hair day he raises the warning to see if he can get some attention.

Actually, it had to do with the Muslim holy period known as The Haj (sp).

joyfulgirl said:

Geez, that's a thought. I didn't give a damn, I demonstrated anyway.

deep said:
Well, there is nowhere to go from orange but up to red.

Red means we are under attack.

When we start bombing the hell the Iraqis - the threat level will have to be raised.

Therefore it needs to be at yellow, so it can go to orange.

surprise!!:wave:

we are at orange again:|

Of course. And ABC just reported that Bush didn't know we had gone to Orange before his speech. What a surprise, give me a freakin break. That or he is out of touch - touch - touch.

ps. I thought he looked stoned during his speech.

Scarletwine said:
I thought he looked stoned during his speech.

OMG, me too! Personally, I thought it looked like maybe he'd taken a muscle relaxant or mild sedative, because of his facial expressions and general mild glaze in the eyes. NO, I'm not suggesting he's on drugs or anything like that, but maybe he's taking sleeping pills or some sort of relaxants - he didn't look all there tonight.

Yeah, we got the annoying emergency broadcast message things at work this morning. Level orange, increased security, blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom