Terrorism Level Orange coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
oh the smugness of the thankless regnat populus..:

It is called sarcasum. I use it from time to time. Seeing as I work for the goverment and all.

Screaming Flower said:

how come, screaming flower, that you are :scratch:?

my question was: why are you at level yellow (3) usually like ouizy said, and not level blue (2), according to ghetofabu?s link?

and what does level orange (4) mean concretely? that there are terror warnings? that the fbi has found something? or what does level orange imply? what happens in the u.s. when there is level orange (4)?

level orange makes me worry that there will be more terror the u.s. has to face.

be careful.

get it?

Last edited:
why are we at orange now? what happened to make it move up? I dont watch the news anymore. It doesn't behoove anyone to worry about the terroists..just keep an awareness of your surroundings and you're good. As long as you live in fear the terroists have gotten what they wanted. So not to sound like Dubya *shudders* but keep living your life. Don't sit and worry. It's what Osama wants you to do.

Last edited:
don't sit and worry. It's what Osama wants you to do
True, but whenever I hear about what the terrorists are up to or planning to do or make, (such as the ricin found in London) I get worried. You may say but that's in London, but I live in New York, and I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. There are so many terrorists out there and who knows when they'll strike.

And then again, they are finding terrorists all over the world. Like in Naples. Bush even mentioned in the Union speech finding some one thousand (is it?) terrorists. So, the more they find the better!

But I'm also sick to death about all this worrying and warnings.
Why can't this whole thing just be over? And we can go back to the way we were before all this?
Oh, well, that's the way of the world now. Live with it. I'll just go on with life as it is. Life simply doesn't stop when there are terrorist warnings.
Take care, everone!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

my question was: why are you at level yellow (3) usually like ouizy said, and not level blue (2), according to ghetofabu?s link?

and what does level orange (4) mean concretely? that there are terror warnings? that the fbi has found something? or what does level orange imply? what happens in the u.s. when there is level orange (4)?

1. We're usually at "yellow," and right now we are at "orange."

2. Concretely? That's a joke. Headache pointed out how Americans bitched about how the government never tells its public anything, and are now bitching that they're telling us. Well, that's almost true. We're bitching because they're telling us a color. What "orange" means is that we need to heighten our awareness to terrorists and there will be higher protection on bridges, in airports, etc. The color system pisses people off rpecisely because of its ambiguity.

And I want to say that I feel for people in/near larger cities. Being at orange creeps me out and I literally live in the middle of nowhere. :hug: s to those of you who are somewhere closer to civilization tonight.

High Condition (Orange). A High Condition is declared when there is a high risk of terrorist attacks.

In addition to the Protective Measures taken in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies should consider the following general measures in addition to the agency-specific Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:

Coordinating necessary security efforts with Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies or any National Guard or other appropriate armed forces organizations;

Taking additional precautions at public events and possibly considering alternative venues or even cancellation;

Preparing to execute contingency procedures, such as moving to an alternate site or dispersing their workforce;

and

Restricting threatened facility access to essential personnel only.

People ask when this will be over.

It won't. We can smote the "Axis of Evil" to kingdom-come and obliterate Al-Qaeda, but we will never be able to eliminate the *potential* for terrorism. This is a war on *potentials,* you see, and, as such, it will never end. I will be curious what people think after about five to ten more years of this and beyond...

Melon

Like are the ppl living in "Orange County" extra suseptable?:angry: or what?:angry:
thank u
u jackasses. ;)

db9
:dance:

Last edited:
sweet dee'

ORANGE:
12oz_01_Orange_Crayon_Sprt.jpg

ORANGE RED:
robutton.jpg

The ever helpful Australian government has just issued to every household in Aus, the handbook to effectively helping prevent terrorist attacks. I finally opened mine today, out of sheer curiosity as to what tips I should remember. Because of course, terrorists look different to you and me. I have never seen such a ridiculous pile of horse shit in all my days. I almost wish I could post it up here to help, as it seems Johnny has the corner on terrorism prevention.
I even got a paper cut ripping this utter tripe from the envelope. :mad:

The MTA system don't have national guards patrolling their subways and you'll be lucky if you see a police officer or two while riding the train. I just wish that code orange had some meaning to it, I heard something about buildings being attacked... but how are we supposed to prevent that? If there is an exact meaning to code orange, I want to know what the other color codes mean then.

PrincessBadgirl said:
The MTA system don't have national guards patrolling their subways and you'll be lucky if you see a police officer or two while riding the train.

I'd beg to differ... there are National Guardsmen, M-16s and all, at all the major stations... Penn, Grand Central, Times Square. There are simply too many stations in New York to have them at all of them. But, as Pataki and Bloomberg said just yesterday, just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there. A friend of mine works as a plain clothed officer on the 7. You couldn't pick him out of the crowd as a cop if you tried, but he's still there.

I brought this back because I did not want to start a new thread

The alert has been lower from orange to yellow.

Why do you think this happened?

Well, there is nowhere to go from orange but up to red.

Red means we are under attack.

When we start bombing the hell the Iraqis - the threat level will have to be raised.

Therefore it needs to be at yellow, so it can go to orange.

I am thinking the Administration is manipulating these warnings for their agenda.

Back
Top Bottom