Teenage boy accused in rape of 18-month-old baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
From the Sun-Sentinel

Lauderdale Lakes ? Broward Sheriff's Office detectives arrested a 17-year-old in the rape of an 18-month-old baby girl on Thursday morning, a Sheriff's Office spokesman said.
About 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, someone called 911 from the Normandy Square apartments on the 4400 block of Northwest 36th Street about an assault on a child.

Treina Jackson, a mother of two who lives one floor below where the alleged attack took place, said she learned about it from the screams of the baby's mother who ran outside her apartment.

"I was watching TV when I heard the commotion," Jackson said. "She was screaming and falling on the ground. She was saying, `Why did that happen to my baby?'"

A crowd soon formed around the grief-stricken woman.

Hugh Graf, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said at about 3 p.m., sheriff's deputies arrested the 17-year-old male inside the apartment complex, which is right next to City Hall. Because the suspect is a juvenile, Graf said his name would not be released.

Graf did not provide further details about the assault.

As deputies led the teen away from complex, a group of angry neighbors screamed insults at him before he was whisked away in a squad car.

Jackson said she knows the teen. "I was shocked when they said it was him," she said. "I didn't know he'd do something like that."

No charges have been filed yet, and Graf said it is up to the Broward State Attorney's Office whether to charge him as an adult or a juvenile.

How disturbing is this story?

Have they proven anything? If not, then everyone should shut their mouths.

If there is proof, then hang the little scum-bucket.

Whether or not this incident occured, this type of thing happens all the time in our country. Far more often than in other industrial nations.

So you have to ask the question, why?

It appears that the myth that children abused as childs can often grow up to become abusers themselves is actually true. So maybe, if we put more work into prevention by treating the children, we could stop the violence.

But yes, it is sick etc.

That is the most sick and wrong thing I've heard in a long LONG time. I don't care what happened to that guy when he was a kid- he could have been beaten or molested himself, but ANYONE who has one OUNCE of dignity knows that it's wrong to sexually assult a baby. What a :censored: ing sicko.

It appears that the myth that children abused as childs can often grow up to become abusers themselves is actually true. So maybe, if we put more work into prevention by treating the children, we could stop the violence.

[/B]

yes this is sick, and the should but him in with regular prison pop and let them know what he did.i bet he wouldnt live to see the end of his sentence, and by the time they get done with him, he wouldnt want to...but to the myth, yes its true in some cases, but not all..and if it came from the kids defense after the fact, who can belive it..it seems that this myth is becomeing true because people in these situations are looking for something to blame it on and will make things up just to get the heat off of them and give them a chance for a lesser sentence..but why is it automaticly assumed that he was abused..has there been any truth to this?..its like makeing an excusse for what he did..should they be more liniant because he was abused?does this explaine why he did it?..no..its just another story that the media will sweep away once its done..its sad but true...i say if it happened, lynch the punk...if not..findout who did and lynch them..

im sorry for getting hostile...but ive had family go through something like this...

a similar story happened in south africa when a man (in his twenty's) has aids, and since they believe that by having sex with a virgin will cure them, he raped an 18 month old. the damage was so severe that they had to surgically put her little parts together. These ppl are so uneducated that they actually believe that a virgin can cure them when they are actually spreading their deadly disease!!! Fecking sick bastards!!! :yell: It pisses me off that these sick :censored: don't have the common sense that what they do is disturbing and disgusting. Ppl really need to get something done about this!!!

jala, I was just about to post the same thing about the South African man who 'thought' he could cure his aids. :tsk: I was horrified when I first heard that story.

And I remain horrified at reading that it has happened again. It's such a terrible thing to imagine that there are such people (if that's what you want to call them)like that which exist on this planet with us.

:sad:

jala said:
a similar story happened in south africa when a man (in his twenty's) has aids, and since they believe that by having sex with a virgin will cure them, he raped an 18 month old.
as i was re-reading this thread today, i thought of that. in cases like that, not only is it sick that they did it, but it's sad to think they think this will cure them. now that little baby probably has HIV too.

jala said:
a similar story happened in south africa when a man (in his twenty's) has aids, and since they believe that by having sex with a virgin will cure them, he raped an 18 month old.

Sadly that's not an isolated case either (as you said). I think it just shows why education and treatment for AIDS/HIV is so desperately needed in countries such as South Africa which are badly affected by these illnesses.

AcrobatMan said:

i am bewildererd by your conclusion :tsk:

Sorry, I didn't speak very clearly.
What I meant is that if people believe that AIDS/HIV is cured by having sex with somone who is a virgin, then clearly there is a need for education in order to inform people of what the treatment for AIDS/HIV is. And treatment should be available for the very simple reason that nobody should be denied access to healthcare which could save or prolong their life.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Sorry, I didn't speak very clearly.
What I meant is that if people believe that AIDS/HIV is cured by having sex with somone who is a virgin, then clearly there is a need for education in order to inform people of what the treatment for AIDS/HIV is. And treatment should be available for the very simple reason that nobody should be denied access to healthcare which could save or prolong their life.

What do HIV-stricken South Africans do, walk around with unicorns?

speedracer said:

What do HIV-stricken South Africans do, walk around with unicorns?

Well, where do you get your healthcare information from? A doctor, a hospital, school, television, radio, the internet? If none of those sources of information were available to you then perhaps you'd have some incorrect ideas about healthcare too?

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Well, where do you get your healthcare information from? A doctor, a hospital, school, television, radio, the internet? If none of those sources of information were available to you then perhaps you'd have some incorrect ideas about healthcare too?

I had heard about this myth some time ago, thank you.

What I found somewhat perplexing at the time was that the article in which I read about this stuff claimed that this myth led large numbers of *white* South Africans to rape young girls.

Back
Top Bottom