Ted Nugent's Call to Shoot Hillary, Obama, Boxer, Feinstein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Ted Nugent's Call to Shoot Hillary, Obama, Boxer, Feinstein

financeguy said:

Nugent is either a terrorist himself or an advocate of terror - there is absolutely no moral difference between what Nugent has said and what Bin Laden is supposed to have said in various speeches threatening Americans, whereas on the other hand, there is an enormous difference between what the Dixie Chicks said and what Nugent said.

Except Nugent didn’t instruct 19 people to fly 2 planes into our buildings. All The Nuge has ever killed are a few tasty animals and provided for his family. Come on, finance guy. Who’s side are you on? I know you don’t live in the US or even like the US for that matter, but seriously, we all know Ted made those comments because from day 1 the left has undermined our effort to win the war against terror for their own political gain. Ted’s a great American and I guess since I feel that way I am a terrorist?

:banghead:

Neither you or Ted, nor Financeguy, the Democrats or any other "left" (me included) is a terrorist, and much less is there any legitimate question of "whose side are you on", since no one is supportig them, or undermining Americas efforts on winning anything!

swizzlestick said:
we all know Ted made those comments because from day 1 the left has undermined our effort to win the war against terror for their own political gain.

So calling someone a "worthless whore" is a legitimate way to call attention to political disagreements?

Way to be taken seriously in political dialogue. :up:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ted Nugent's Call to Shoot Hillary, Obama, Boxer, Feinstein

swizzlestick said:

we all know Ted made those comments because from day 1 the left has undermined our effort to win the war against terror for their own political gain. Ted’s a great American and I guess since I feel that way I am a terrorist?

Get over yourself. PLEASE!!!

Vincent Vega said:

Neither you or Ted, nor Financeguy, the Democrats or any other "left" (me included) is a terrorist,

perhaps you are just being duped?

remember,
either

you are with us (bush admin)

or

against us!

Vincent Vega said:

Neither you or Ted, nor Financeguy, the Democrats or any other "left" (me included) is a terrorist, and much less is there any legitimate question of "whose side are you on", since no one is supportig them, or undermining Americas efforts on winning anything!

Really? wow. Last time I picked up the New York Times editorial page, I thought I was reading a transcript from Al-Jazeera. Last time I heard a quote from Harry Reid, I thought the war was lost and wondered if only everyone (YOU, ME, FINANCEGUY, DEMOCRATS, REPUUBLICANS) was on the same side we might actually win it. Last time Dick Cheney was in Iraq and a had bombs going off all around him I think I read on this forum that its too bad they didn’t hit him. Last time we heard anything from John Kerry, he was saying our troops weren’t smart enough to be in Iraq. It has been this way since the Vietnam war! I’d like to go on and on, but its time to go home. Have a good weekend everybody. I’m going to go enjoy some of my freedoms at happy hour.

swizzlestick said:

Really? wow. Last time I picked up the New York Times editorial page, I thought I was reading a transcript from Al-Jazeera. Last time I heard a quote from Harry Reid, I thought the war was lost and wondered if only everyone (YOU, ME, FINANCEGUY, DEMOCRATS, REPUUBLICANS) was on the same side we might actually win it. Last time Dick Cheney was in Iraq and a had bombs going off all around him I think I read on this forum that its too bad they didn’t hit him. Last time we heard anything from John Kerry, he was saying our troops weren’t smart enough to be in Iraq. It has been this way since the Vietnam war! I’d like to go on and on, but its time to go home. Have a good weekend everybody. I’m going to go enjoy some of my freedoms at happy hour.

Thank you for this post.

It's very illuminating and helps explain to people, especially those who live abroad, what sort of person has maintained the Bush cabal in office all these years.

swizzlestick said:

Really? wow. Last time I picked up the New York Times editorial page, I thought I was reading a transcript from Al-Jazeera. Last time I heard a quote from Harry Reid, I thought the war was lost
wtf?

swizzlestick said:

I’m going to go enjoy some of my freedoms at happy hour.

Enjoy them before your president takes them away.

swizzlestick said:

You're brilliant.

deep said:

perhaps you are just being duped?

remember,
either

you are with us (bush admin)

or

against us!

Yes, and I still hear Rumsfeld's words that we are on par with North Korea, Libya, Iran, Cuba and those states.

anitram said:

Thank you for this post.

It's very illuminating and helps explain to people, especially those who live abroad, what sort of person has maintained the Bush cabal in office all these years.

I will print it, bolden the part where he mentions the freedoms people apparently only have in the US, and copy it. :hmm:

Irvine511 said:
the reason the Dixie Chicks make headlines is because they are, 1) talented, 2) popular, 3) relevant.

Well, one out of three isn't bad. :up:

Ted's a nut. I couldn't possibly take him seriously...who really could? Why would a guy like that involve himself with politics?

Ted Nugent is a riot. Don't take anything he says seriously. I bet you half of what he says is a crock to get people like you riled up. He's probably laughing his butt off about the whole thing.

swizzlestick said:

honey, the war is lost, and everyone knows this, including our lovely commander in chief.

but don't worry, he's given us "the surge" which is a purely political tactic -- using the lives of american soldiers! -- to give people such as yourself another stabbed-in-the-back narrative so that you dont feel badly wearing your american eagle t-shirts and can say things like, "we didn't LOSE vietnam, it was a tie!"

we lost Vietnam. we lost Iraq.

the adults among us will deal with this fact.

you can go pout in the corner and curse the liberals.

the rest of us will deal with reality, and do our best to repair the damage that has been done over the past 7 years where we've had an administration lose 2 wars and the city of New Orleans. we'll rebuild the country, and you can go throw darts at "evil" countries and talk about how, next time, the libruls won't pull the rug out from under our feets. go get angry at the usual suspects -- newspapers, magazines, books -- because you know they're all head, no heart.

and keep on keeping on taking Stephen Coblert seriously. because he couldn't have written a parodic sermon as good as the one you've just given us.

Ted Nugent should be arrested. He is a redneKKK who threatened two lives. Republican or Democrat, a Senetor's life should not be threatened.

BTW,

When he stated that Mexicans should learn English if they want to live in America, he should have given that advice to his idol George W. as well.

asr said:
Ted Nugent should be arrested. He is a redneKKK who threatened two lives. Republican or Democrat, a Senetor's life should not be threatened.

Exactly. This is the point that is being missed.

Even some of the liberal posters are going "no-one takes Nugent seriously, he is a joke", etc.

I must have a sense of humour deficit, I don't see why it is a laughing matter to threaten the lives of sitting politicians.

If a Democratic politician is assasinated in the next few years, then Nugent is partially to blame for creating a climate where it is ok to make jokes (nothing to worry about! just a little joke! lighten up!) about machine gunning Democratic politicians.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
I must have a sense of humour deficit, I don't see why it is a laughing matter to threaten the lives of sitting politicians.

It's also a matter of free speech rights in our country, I think. There's difficult and somewhat blurry line between true threats and (tasteless) political protest. I think the "liberal" posters here may see Ted's rantings as more along the lines of the latter, rather than true threats.

martha said:
It's also a matter of free speech rights in our country, I think. There's difficult and somewhat blurry line between true threats and (tasteless) political protest. I think the "liberal" posters here may see Ted's rantings as more along the lines of the latter, rather than true threats.

It could be that. In Europe, free speech rights are far more restricted, rightly or wrongly.

Suck on my machine gun doesn't include pull the trigger.

Exactly. Reference previous point, that the title of this thread implies that he is threatening to "shoot" these people.

No, he's crass and vulgar.

Now, I'll be heading down to shoot some trap. ;) Getting a new 20 gague for my son and daughter. So much more fun that video games!

I read this quote from Bill Maher that I loved

"Ted Nugent was giving a concert and he held up a machine gun and made veiled threats about Hillary and Barack Obama. I find this shocking-Ted Nugent still has concerts?"

Back
Top Bottom