Teacher has kids tasting flavored condoms in class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39588

LOL!

The New Mexico Health Department is standing behind a sex-education teacher in Santa Fe who encouraged ninth-graders to taste flavored condoms.

According to a report in the Santa Fe New Mexican, parent Lisa Gallegos said that when her 15-year-old daughter balked at putting a condom in her mouth, instructor Tony Escudero told her, "Come on, sweetie, have a little fun."

---more go read it for yourself ---

Haha! That's hilarious. But it is sex ed, so why not. The kids damn well better view condoms as acceptable and something to use. Certainly better than the consequences of not using them.

I have a lime one around here somewhere...

As for tasting them in class, that's a bit bizarre, even for me.

:applaud: I couldn't imagine them doing that at my school, the year 11 Biology class had fun with bananas but not taste them (after all the principle is a nun.) :lmao:

That's pretty disgusting. This is why we should be careful not to let perverts teach sex ed.

well, that's fine and dandy and all but if you feel uncomfortable licking a condom, you shouldn't be chided by a teacher.

I agree. That's basically forced sexuality shoved into a teen girl's mouth. She should be allowed to say no.

According to a report in the Santa Fe New Mexican, parent Lisa Gallegos said that when her 15-year-old daughter balked at putting a condom in her mouth, instructor Tony Escudero told her, "Come on, sweetie, have a little fun."

We can't really tell what ended up happening, but my guess is that if the daughter was very upset, something went wrong. Wrong enough to tell her parents about it.

Sex ed is needed.. But putting concoms in the mouth, as part of the classes is a bit off to me..

Seems perverse to me. " have a little fun " ?????,, I wonder what kind of parties this teacher throws in private

all of this joking is irritating.

the teacher was wrong. "have a little fun?" WTF?? she's fifteen!

if an instructor said that to my daughter (who will be that age in a few years) he would be out of a job.

Thank you bonosgirl84. I would have a serious problem if this teacher was corrupting my daugher (if I had one). I've heard of some disgusting, irresponsible things that our teachers have said to and done with students. When a middle school music teacher tells his students that flute players are good at oral sex, is that really necessary?

There's a reason kids attach a "stigma" to condoms and sexual activity...it's because kids shouldn't be having sex (at the very least not without a serious understanding of the personal and emotional consequences involved).

I wouldn't count on this teacher to communicate this understanding to his students.

And if they are extreme, they should learn about the consequences that might result from sexual activity, such as pregnancy and STDs. This is why I'm not opposed to sex ed in general. Some will have sex anyways, we might as well teach them to prevent the worst from happening.

But... we should also teach the benefits of being abstinent. If we didn't do this, we would not offer a piece of mind for everybody.

Yep...teachers are real a-holes......

You would never find irresponsible people in any other profession.

Did you all read the whole article? Sounds pretty harmless to me:

"He didn't really tell them to just put (condoms) in their mouth," Danfelser said. "What he does, basically, in his classes, depending on the age appropriateness of the class, is to try to get them ... used to condoms and kind of destigmatize them.

"He tells them, if they're comfortable, they can open up the packages, they can touch them, they can stretch them out and those kind of things. And he has told them, if they're the flavored kind, they can go ahead and taste them if they want to. But it's generally to desensitize the whole stigma of 'Oh my God, it's a condom.'"

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Sorry, but if a teacher called me "Sweety" in ANY context his ass would be gone!

I agree. He seems really skeevy. He could have just let the kids look, touch, and yes, possibly taste the condoms, but he didn't have to say that. Eww.

I'm all for sex education and teaching the kids not only about the basics of reproduction and sexuality, but also the consequences. I think kids should stay abstinent (probably cause I was a virgin til I was almost 19, snerk), not because I'm a holy roller moralizer who thinks sex is filthy but because I really worry about kids making bad choices. I live in Milwaukee which has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the US. It's not odd to find pregnant 13 year olds or 19 year olds with 3 kids. And sadly, the sperm donors are long gone.

I'm not sure why this is, but I think it's because some girls don't see a future for themselves. And often, pregnant girls and teen moms are put on a pedestal whereas girls who accomplish things in academics, athletics, the arts, or in the community get ignored. And the sperm donors are seen as a real men even though they don't do a damn thing for their offspring.

I disagree.....

the word choice was inappropriate.....

not enough to fire......

enough to suspend......

Back
Top Bottom