Survey Reports Saddam May Have Executed 61,000 In Baghdad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Survey: Saddam Killed 61,000 in Baghdad

By NIKO PRICE, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein's government may have executed 61,000 Baghdad residents, a number significantly higher than previously believed, according to a survey obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The bloodiest massacres of Saddam's 23-year presidency occurred in Iraq 's Kurdish north and Shiite Muslim south, but the Gallup Baghdad Survey data indicates the brutality extended strongly into the capital as well.

The survey, which the polling firm planned to release on Tuesday, asked 1,178 Baghdad residents in August and September whether a member of their household had been executed by Saddam's regime. According to Gallup, 6.6 percent said yes.

Full article

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...u=/ap/20031208/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_executions

Last edited:
Wow. One out of every 15 people had a member of their household executed by Saddam. He was his own weapon of mass destruction.

And that is just in BAGHDAD where most of Saddam's supporters were, compared to the southern and northern area's of the country.

Yet Bush is somehow the anti-Christ according to the .....never mind....I do not want to get flamed.:huh:

That is horrible.

However that is much less than have been massacred or "cleansed" in Africa and South America in the last few decades. Too bad they didn't have oil reserves.

Please don't bring up the Clinton card it doesn't matter who didn't act. I think blame can be spread a long way into our history. I wonder how many native Americans there were alive when we introduced smallpox infected blankets and genocide.

Now before I get flamed, I'm in no way reducing the horror of his actions. He's a psychopath as were his sons, maybe worse in fact. Just drawing historical comparisons.

edited to add:

Sorry Dreadsox, that was an instant reaction to your comment. But I do insist that we are supposed to be the evolded developed country, able to deal with problems in a less barbaric. less violent way. At least I always hoped we had evolved to that.

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
That is horrible.

However that is much less than have been massacred or "cleansed" in Africa and South America in the last few decades.

Or in Cambodia, the former Soviet Union, the list goes on.

If we are into spreading blame, make it the entire world, not just the US.

nbcrusader said:

Or in Cambodia, the former Soviet Union, the list goes on.

If we are into spreading blame, make it the entire world, not just the US.

Absolutely. Mans cruelty to man abounds. I almost wish IMAGINE came true. We seem to always have a reason to kill each other.

Scarletwine said:
Sorry Dreadsox, that was an instant reaction to your comment. But I do insist that we are supposed to be the evolded developed country, able to deal with problems in a less barbaric. less violent way. At least I always hoped we had evolved to that.

Chess works for me.

Scarletwine said:
LOL, you must be on drugs. :wink:

I suck at chess, but I'll put my 12 yr old against you. He rocks.

When AOL had actual live people moderating their chess area I worked there. We had a great staff. Many nationally ranked players. I have the distinct honor of losing to at the time the 4th best player in the US in 37 seconds off of his clock. Speed chess...wahoo.

Back
Top Bottom