Support the FRESH Act - Oppose the House Farm Bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotpepper

War Child
Hello,

I don't often start threads regarding politically issues but I'd like you to consider taking a moment and the opportunity to exercise your political will for an important issue.

Call your senators today - Support the FRESH Act - Oppose the House Farm Bill
Please take 5 minutes and call Congress toll free 800-965-4701

I called my senators today.

Phone calls do work. I've met with many congress people this year and all of them say that letter and phone calls are very effective.

Tell them you oppose the Farm Bill passed by the House and you want the Senate to stop cotton subsidies that hurt local farmers in California and internationally! Tell them instead to support the FRESH Act.

The FRESH Act, a bill introduced by Sens. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) and Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) would direct more subsidies now targeted at grain, sugar and tobacco farmers to fruit and vegetable growers.

“Oxfam salutes the effort led by Senators Lugar and Lautenberg to re-align our farm programs to honor our international trade obligations—not to mention our responsibility to family farmers here and abroad,”

“Oxfam will work to help reform minded senators bring about meaningful change when the legislation is brought to the Senate floor.”

“Investing new money in nutrition, conservation and minority farmer programs is critical but alone is not enough to halt the devastating effects of not reforming our commodity subsidies will have on farmers and rural communities at home and around the globe,”

Both senators have not taken a stand about this issue. Here's our chance to help them make a decision. The senate votes on this next week.

Please see the front page of today's SF Chronicle for an in-depth report on this issue.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/11/01/MNJ2SQAL3.DTL&type=business

- Lori

Back
Top Bottom