Super Tuesday: Edwards or Kerry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonExplorer

War Child
I'm for Edwards!

But Kerry seems poised to take the bulk of the votes....

I hope Edwards will be the VP candidate. He is one of the most charismatic people I've seen, even more than Bono. Kerry needs all the help he can get going against Bush this fall.

And another question:
Do you think Bono will be "endorsing" the Democratic candidate this time around, like he did so with Clinton?

Edwards is a good candidate, but Kerry is more experienced, and he's terrific under pressure. Edwards *is* the more charismatic candidate. Some say his speeches mesmerize them. I'll vote for either one in November.
And no, I don't think Bono will be endorsing a candidate. He wants to be able to work with Bush on the situation in Africa. He's in a different situation, politically, from 1992. He needs to be able to work with the president no matter who it is.

The other "Super Tuesday" thread was about the February 3 primaries if I'm not mistaken. This thing coming up is bigger. That was four states, this is ten!

I voted for Edwards, for some reason I just "buy" him in a way I don't Kerry. Love to see him be VP if he doesn't get it. Either way, in like 48 hrs we'll have a candidate and Operation ABB can begin! :mac: :yes:

Besides, Edwards is a handsome man...wonder if he needs an intern? ;) :flirt:

sd

It's amusing how "charisma" trumps any platform. We seem to elect who makes us feel good, nothing more or nothing less, and I think that this is precisely why our elected officials are nothing less than good liars these days.

Melon

LOL--Let's hope not, Verte.

NBC, Clinton prolly got the soccor mom vote by focusing on issues important to soccor moms, like the hospitals and schools her kids go to and her family's checkbook, the job market, social security. There's a good reason most women don't vote Republican.

:D

sd

It's amusing how "charisma" trumps any platform. We seem to elect who makes us feel good, nothing more or nothing less, and I think that this is precisely why our elected officials are nothing less than good liars these days.

Well, I agree with John Edwards platform more than any other Dem candidate. Without his charisma, I would have never listened to him in the first place.

melon said:

Melon

I wouldn't give a damn about Edwards' charisma if his message lacked substance. He's a bright guy. Someone who grew up in my parish is his communications director. She was offered positions in both Kerry's and Lieberman's campaign and chose to support Edwards. I prefer Kerry however, for the reasons I mentioned.

thanks Gibson---

Sherry Darling said:
Operation ABB can begin! :mac: :yes: sd

" :evil: " :lmao:

----for putting up this thread! I tried to last night, but after doing several posts & often when the last one is longish I got to submit it & I find myself "to post you must be registered....." :grumpy: Thgen sometimes I'm just to tired, frustrated or nearly out of time to re-post a long one.

I was goiung to do this topic tonight, since I am in NY(C)S.

:uhoh: I'm *not* sure yet!

I'm leaning towards Edwards A) I've heard froma NY rep or councuil person that E not only talks about poverty with poorer people; but this rep heard hgim give as part of his presentation that particular night which was for well-monied possibe donors (or re -contributing) also gave a half-hour talk on poverty.

Some people have wondered whether Kery's War Hero parse will become more flat, boring as the campaign wears on. As opposed to E who has such Energy.

( editing helps me get a longer post in by dividing it post part then 'edit' add the rest Sometimes I genuinely edit , too :) )

Others have said ..K has more 'gravitis' .m {is true, seemingly} I heard some one say Cheny will beat E in a debate. But other say E is one of the better trial lawyers and would do well in debate

And WHILE THE TERM 'TRIAL LAWYER' IS THROWN ABOUT e WAS ON THE SIDE OF FOLKS MESSED UP BY STINGY hmo's AND mANUFACTURERS OF BADS mERCHANDISE sorry pinky slip!

Anyway my politics actually are closer to Kucinich's &, some of Mr Grahnm from Fla.

But SO many people are suffering {myself included and some people I know/know of} under the Bush/ Chenney/ Rummy 'residences', and I'm against probably ? 90% of what B does- that I'll be doing some kind of heavy general election work for sure! I've done political work on several campaigns

***Go, Dems!***

psp please continue your comments, I'll check this board tomorrw nite or tues beforw I vote {plus I've left messagfes with friends so I can talk to them as well.

Last edited:
Edwards is too conservative for me. While neither candidate energizes me (they're both too cowardly, IMO, but are still a marked improvement from Bu$h), I'll take Kerry over Edwards gladly.

Melon

Edwards waited too long to try and distinguish himself from Kerry. Until last night's debate, they appeared as fungible alternatives - people tend to go with the front-runner.

I also think Edwards is too inexperienced. For someone who's only been in politics for six years, he's awfully good. He'll be even better after a little more experience.

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure some would recognize leadership if it bit them in the butt :wink:

Peace

I think some are confusing leadership of a country with the ability to rule said country in the interests of a small economic elite.

:wink:

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure some would recognize leadership if it bit them in the butt :wink:

Peace

:madspit:

;) :hug:

sd (thinkin that our leadership HAS bitten us in the butt, which is why she wants it replaced :D)

A very large Democratic precint has lost power mysterieously.

Is this a harbinger to come?

edited

Sorry that was near Cleveland

Last edited:
They moved my polling place (to somewhere farther away, but I digress) to a place that didn't even have punch-card voting machines. Intead I had to mark my choices with a pencil. I'm reading all of these news stories about people in California voting with these fancy touch screen voting machines, and I'm using a freakin' pencil.

Back
Top Bottom