Stolen Honour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might as well watch Going Upriver while you're at it - it's out there for free.

http://www.thekerrymovie.com

As for Sinclair, they've fired a journalist who spoke against this, their stock plummeted, advertisers like Burger King are dropping them like hot potatoes.

The same Sinclair who earlier said: "We do not believe such political statements should be disguised as news content."

For shame.

But Moore does not and never did own the broadcast rights - Lion's Gate does - so it was a totally hollow gesture, a manipulation if you will.

I have mostly tuned out political stuff now because I'm getting burned out. I'm not reading newspapers, watching any TV, reading Internet news, looking at polls........to hell with it. I'm ready to vote in the damn election and accept the results. I think I'll pass on Sinclair. It wouldn't change my vote, that's for damn sure, nothing is. After eight :censored: months of this it sure will be a relief and I'll be happy regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:
We come up with any rules for the drinks yet, there will need to be a thread (just before my Geology exam),

Interesting review from the New York Times

Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal," the highly contested anti-Kerry documentary, should not be shown by the Sinclair Broadcast Group. It should be shown in its entirety on all the networks, cable stations and on public television.

This histrionic, often specious and deeply sad film does not do much more damage to Senator John Kerry's reputation than have the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's negative ads, which have flooded television markets in almost every swing state. But it does help viewers better understand the rage fueling the unhappy band of brothers who oppose Mr. Kerry's candidacy and his claim to heroism.

You're correct, A_Wanderer, the press was pretty damned hostile to the SBV. Hey, I didn't do it. I'm not a member of the press!

A_Wanderer said:
Lawrence O'Donnell goes nuts at John O'Niell just screaming - liar, liar at him. It seems that the media declared the SBV discredited without actually refuting any of their claims and have kept on doing so regardless of the evidence that they bring up on the matter.

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/10/breakdown.html

The behavior of O'Donnell spoke volumes.

db9

diamond said:

The behavior of O'Donnell spoke volumes.

db9

Can you say "partisanship"? Hell, during a presidential election campaign just about every damn thing anyone does is in some ways partisan.

verte76 said:

OK, I didn't see it on TV so I'm just speculating.

watch the clip love and then decide.

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2.../breakdown.html

Something that is brushed under the carpet by the main stream media(left leaning) is that John O'Neill is a Democrat, voted for Gore in 2000.

When pressed by the media to stop w/the ads that are supposedly supporting Bush he has constantly said even if these ads helped elect Kerry and hurt Bush he would still run them.

He feels an obligation to let the entire electroate know who John Kerry really is, not the white washed version supported my the traditional media.

I say let chips fall where they may.
:)

db9

Back
Top Bottom