State of the Union Address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bush speeches are computer generated, I'm sure. About 20 catchphrases on 20 topics were written 6 years ago, and they are randomly generated in a different order for each speech. On Iraq for example, exactly when has he given a speech that you watch/listen to and come away from thinking "Well that answered that". Never. Just those catchphrases recycled in a different order. I assume it's the same on domestic topics as well.

He either has woeful speech writers or nobody trusts that he's believable unless he's speaking in symplistic bumper sticker soundbites.

Axver said:

Hooray for the Internet, it allows me to feel queasy by listening to a speech in the US!

Axver,
what are you thinking, I’m sure you have some thoughts, right?

I am going to make a *applause* post about how *applause* I love the people who *applause* are applauding at random *applause* moments. :happy:

There is a pause - applause system.

Tech solutions to oil dependency :up:

Advanced Energy Initiative - he is just ripping off John Howard's clean coal systems.

A_Wanderer said:
There is a pause - applause system.

My new theory is that people are applauding the pauses because it means Bush isn't speaking. What he is saying is hardly worthy of any applause at all.

The usual Republican tactic is for the President to make the promises, while the Republican Congress subsequently refuses to fund it come the following year. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Melon

all this talk about how great we are reminds me of a lewis black line...

"america is the only country on earth that feels the need to remind everyone that they're the greatest country on earth, and that is pretty god damned obnoxious. if you had a coworker who would come in every day and yell 'i'm the greatest of them all, and all you sniviling shits would die without me hahahahaha', within 2 weeks, you would kill him... and eat him, just to consume his powers."

"Equal justice under the law" = making sure every ruling does not offend the wishes of conservative white men.

Melon

New catch phrases: Isolationism, Weapons of Mass Murder, and Bill Clinton.

I loved the standing ovation to "Last year I could not get my social security initative through"

Back
Top Bottom