speedracer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What can you tell us about the current "anti-Israel investment" protests going on at Harvard U?

bert2.jpg

ClassicShirt_sm.jpg

I'm not sure Burt, let me race right over in the Mach 5 and find out for you.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 05-09-2002).]

They haven't made that much noise yet.

I think the pro-Israel voice might be a bit louder, in fact. I remember seeing a week or two ago an ad in The New Republic clamoring for more public support for the Israeli cause, and several Harvard professors had signed it.

Our old friend Prof. Noam Chomsky did hold a "teach-in" at MIT regarding the subject one or two weeks ago, though.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 05-09-2002).]

Hmm. The number of signatures on the petition has grown since I last saw it. You can see it at

http://www.harvardmitdivest.org

Nobody truly stellar (at least, nobody I know to be stellar) has signed it yet though, with the exception of Chomsky (MIT) and David Mumford (Harvard math professor emeritus, Fields medalist).

I do have to say that some of the demands these protestors are making seem a bit ridiculous. I can understand them wanting Harvard and MIT to withdraw its investments in General Electric and Boeing...but McDonalds? Johnson & Johnson? Coca-Cola?

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 05-09-2002).]

Originally posted by speedracer:
Nobody truly stellar (at least, nobody I know to be stellar) has signed it yet though, with the exception of Chomsky (MIT) and David Mumford (Harvard math professor emeritus, Fields medalist).

I do have to say that some of the demands these protestors are making seem a bit ridiculous. I can understand them wanting Harvard and MIT to withdraw its investments in General Electric and Boeing...but McDonalds? Johnson & Johnson? Coca-Cola?

This is what Shepard Smith and FOXNews were hitting on earlier tonight; they showed Chomsky speaking at MIT, then they addressed these companies that do business in Israel. But does it really surprise you that they are out for Coca Cola, Johnson & Johnson, and McDonalds' blood? After all, some of those Israeli "infidels" probably use that tearless shampoo, eat Filet-O-Fishes, and drink that new vanilla Coke.

And SICY, I have not posted this thread topic, but I post the "Bert & Osama bin Laden" photo whenever I am addressing speedracer. Although your attentiveness intrigues me.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom