Spain Unveils Controversial Gay Marriage Law

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homophobia = irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Do I fear or hate homosexuals as the definition stipulates?
No, I think their behaviors is immoral based on rational reasoning explained before.
Spot the difference.

You are justifying a position which is illogical - people do things that you dont like but do not injure you in any way shape or form.

It is very easy to rationalize, the Jews are an inferior race, women will distract men in the office and the entire system will collapse etc. Just because you think that you have a legitimate reason to doesn't make it so. It seems to be a very petty prejudice - gays will not collapse society, it is merely a progression that in the long run is a good thing. Diversity makes life worth living, so at least tollerate it.

AussieU2fanman said:

Back that up or don't say it

No problem. :wink:

We're fucking around with the fabrics of society too much, and you wait for the end result. I can see what's going to happen in the future if trends continue and I really hate what I see. There are going to be single sex parents matching the ratio of male\female parents. Somebody tell me that they don't find anything morally\ethically\socially wrong with that! Say 'Hey I think that outlook is great! I can't see anything wrong with this picture!' etc. I don't think I'll be able to live in a society like that. It sickens me to the stomach.

leave the real homosexuals the way they are and stop trying to turn people like me into homosexuals!
'Introducing a virus?' I couldn't agree more with that comment.

That one's my favorite.

I do believe that human evolution is retreating in a sense. I think that human nature is not evolving, instead it is falling back on itself. By changing human nature by converting straight people to gay people, that is halting our human development where real love between a man and a women are no longer becoming the common medium.

That is a virus that will cause
a outburst of converted homosexuals and straight couples will be in the same category\number as gay couples very soon, which is an absolute social disaster in my mind.

Okay just quickly, can anyone see a problem in the future with gay couples having an equal spread in the community like straight couples? Say there's a 50\50 spread, can anyone see that there is something very wrong here.....? I personally don't want to live in that society, but it seems that will happen with the way things are going now.

I don't think anyone would be THAT comfortable with it, unless you were gay of course! (Are you trying to tell me something :eyebrow: )

Lines have to be drawn otherwise chaos breaks out. If homosexuality, a flaw in nature, is encouraged in the form of marriage and widespread social acceptance, we will see an outbreak in gay couples, many that aren't even gay, to create a society mixed with an unhealthy ratio of straight and gay couples. Who here can HONESTLY say, I mean, really honestly say that they don't see a problem with that. I for one, find it disgusting, and it just goes to show which direction our society is headed.

As much as you claim not to be, you sound pretty scared of homosexuals encroaching on heterosexual lifestyles, and taking down society as a whole with them. And the definition of "phobia" is "to be irrationally frightened to a great degree by something".

And cause I just saw this...
Homophobia = irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Do I fear or hate homosexuals as the definition stipulates?
No, I think their behaviors is immoral based on rational reasoning explained before.
Spot the difference.

Yes, you are. You're discriminating by rejecting equal rights. You have an aversion to them, as shown in your posts. Hence, you are a homophobe. :wave:

Last edited:
Ok, I can't understand where everyone is getting the idea that I fear them. Can't anyone see that I passionately reject their immoral lifestyle? Can't I believe it's immoral without 'fearing' them? I've said all this before, and it is not an irrational fear.
A_wanderer, can't you see that I don't have to be shot in the leg to be offended by something\one? You seem to think that everything is acceptable unless somebody is physically hurt, which is wrong. I am offended by homosexuals due to immoral reasoning outlined previously. They aren't stabbing me with a knife, they aren't shooting me. Just like I would find somebody walking around town naked offensive, I find homosexual nature offensive, as to several people here.
Im going, I have too much exam revision to do. I'm not reading any more posts.

A_Wanderer said:
You are justifying a position which is illogical - people do things that you dont like but do not injure you in any way shape or form.

Obviously it does 'hurt'(offend). It doesn't offend you, but it offends me. We are obviously different. Stop trying to diffuse my argument's by bringing own subjective personal views into it. That's illogical. I have outlined why it does offend me at least 3 times before, and obviously it doesn't offend you. So what is the point in bringing your own feelings into it? Ok now that's really my last post.

:shame:

The definition also includes "aversion to, or discrimination against". You've said yourself you have an aversion to homosexuals. And by definition, by not supporting equal rights you are being discriminatory based on sexual preference.

Face facts, kiddo. You are a homophobe.

This land called America is a God given land. "One nation under God" "In God We Trust". Declaration of Independence states it alone. Everything this country was founded by was of God. We need to seriously consider the laws of God and live them. How can "God bless America" if we are neglecting his laws and commandments. (for those who dont know where his laws and commandments are, they are in the bible. God calls prophets, and the prophets write the word of God, which is the Bible.) If any of you have doubts if the bible is true, or if there is a God, why dont you all try and ask God if he exsists, and pray if the Bible is the word of God. We have a purpose in this life, and God has given us the plan(scripture) to tell us what we are doing here, and things we can and can not do, he is testing us to see if we can overcome our weaknesses, and sins and live a clean life.

P.S. I cant wait to hear the responses on this!!

Doozer61 said:

no, the bible was translated by men that may have misinterpreted alot of it due to a misunderstanding of the language. but i am not going to get into a pissing contest with you about it.

true, and ok

macphisto23 said:
This land called America is a God given land. "One nation under God" "In God We Trust". Declaration of Independence states it alone. Everything this country was founded by was of God. We need to seriously consider the laws of God and live them. How can "God bless America" if we are neglecting his laws and commandments. (for those who dont know where his laws and commandments are, they are in the bible. God calls prophets, and the prophets write the word of God, which is the Bible.) If any of you have doubts if the bible is true, or if there is a God, why dont you all try and ask God if he exsists, and pray if the Bible is the word of God. We have a purpose in this life, and God has given us the plan(scripture) to tell us what we are doing here, and things we can and can not do, he is testing us to see if we can overcome our weaknesses, and sins and live a clean life.

P.S. I cant wait to hear the responses on this!!

The government of the US is not a theocracy, so what you posted has not bearing on the issure whatsoever.

The "in god we trust" line on coins was added during the Civil War (used much as Dubya uses his god is on our side blurb).

The "one nation under god" line in the pledge of allegiance (1954), the "in god we trust" line was added to paper currency in 1957, the "so help me god" line was added as a suffix to the oaths of office for federal justices and judgesin the 1950's (not sure of the exact year), and the US motto was changed to "in god we trust" in 1956. If you notice all of these (except the Civil War one) were altered during the the height of the cold war and also during the hysteria of the McCarthy witch hunts...not a period in US history which should be particularly celebrated. They have not "always been there." As for the one altered during the Civil War, well...it was used to fire up people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom