soul mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
sorry to be like this, but, is there such a thing as a soul mate? i believe i have met mine, and i cannot be with her, so therfore, do soul mates exist?
i find comfort only in the fact that i will have another chance to meet her sooner in the next life.

either way, love is more difficult than life.

Originally posted by edgerulz:
[B
either way, love is more difficult than life. [/B]

that about sums it up...

(buffalo, eh? I live about an hour south of you
smile.gif
)

------------------
The numeral 7

Yes...and I have found mine.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

NO!... I'm full of SOUL and I KNOW--

That there's no such thing as a soulmate...

And if there is, then may the Devil have my soul, and I really will never to meet my soulmate.

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

Originally posted by edgerulz:
sorry to be like this, but, is there such a thing as a soul mate? i believe i have met mine, and i cannot be with her, so therefore, do soul mates exist?
I don't believe in soul mates. You might not ever be with this person, but you might meet someone who is even better suited to you tomorrow. You never know about these things. Keep your chin up, and by all means, try not to pine away for this person. There are too many other good people out there.

I guess it's a semantical distinction for me. I don't believe there is just "1" soulmate, but there are several out there. It honestly depends on your personality temperament really. I took a test that seemingly read me like a book, but then proceeded to tell me that I represent less than 1% of the population (well, I could have told you that
wink.gif
).

You know yourself, but even I believe that there are plenty of people out there for me, maybe not as many as I'd like, but all I want is one anyway.

Cheer up, and, as I've stated so many times lately to people, if you are truly and hopelessly unhappy where you are, move elsewhere that you think you might be happier. The pool of potential mates then gets so much larger! Just a thought...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

well, thanks for the replies. she left a year ago tomorrow (long story) and i am just having more difficulty than i thought i would at this point.
i have been with others since, and know that no one makes me feel like she does. so, are we now doomed to spend life with someone that is less than perfect for ourselves? that is a shitty way to live through life.

se7en, where do you live? ellicotville?

Why is love so difficult? They built aeroplanes to conquer oceans for this sort of thing. If you believe that person is the one, what is stopping you? True love I dont think will allow an external factor to keep 2 people apart. Make your choice and overcome it.

Allow me to take a gander.. I do believe that there is this one soulmate with who you were 'made' for, but at the same time I also strongly believe that you cannot always end up with your soulmate.. Sometimes you just can't be with the one you want for some reason or another...It's very hard to make that statement that someone is your 'soulmate', you just have to feel it, but I definitely believe that they do exist.

"u have no idea what u all just did to me
im really truly sorry edgrulz
i hate this shit"

i am sorry zooropamanda to have brought anyone down with this. just needed to talk about it, and i can't do that with anyone here. i just keep telling myself "i'm not here, this isn't happening" and it's just a moment, this time will pass.

Don't worry. If soul mates exist, you'll get her. Or maybe, she's not your soul mate and THAT'S why you can't have her...think about it...

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

Zoomanda, I don't know what happened, but now, a couple of days after that post of mine that you replied to, I'm deliriously happy and in love. I'm serious, I've gone from 0 to 200 in just a few days. I felt such a weight being lifted from me the minute I shared my silly thoughts with you and the board, so maybe there's still hope...

It may not last, but what fantastic timing!

It's all romantic and fun to hope in a soulmate, but I don't think they exist. That is, if your definition of a soulmate is someone who was meant for you and you have been searching for each other for aeons to be together.

However, if your definition of a soulmate is more of a kindred spirit i.e. someone whom you share a special link with the instant you meet, then yes, these do exist.

Every romantic interest is not predetermined for you. I think it is more a mixture of (1) chance & timing; and (2) what you make of it. So, whether you feel your relationship with one person seems more passionate than another one that is lukewarm, the bottomline is this: it doesn't mean that the first person was meant for you more than the second one was. What you have to do now is simply decide whether you would be contented with, say, a lukewarm but steady relationship or a passionate but painful relationship. It's ultimately up to you to decide which kind of person is best for you. So, I'd advise to not whinge or lament over the fact that you are 'star-crossed' (I'm not referring to anyone here specifically of course) but rather meet more people and make a decision. Life isn't against you..

foray

I believe in soul mates myself and I know of relationships that have begun for many reasons that seem of such coincidence and perfect timing that the only definition you can give to it that it was fate of some sorts. But this really in my mind doesn't say they are soul mates. Having a soul mate is having a partner you can trust with anything and that will be with you for all eternity after both of your deaths. When I see people say they don't believe in this it is actually quite saddening because they are basically admitting to spending an eternity alone without the comfort of a soul mate. I think people that say they don't believe in a soul mate are the people who are still unsuccessful at finding someone that they can trust so much and care for that much but I think if these people were put into a position of finding such a partner that can brigten every part of their day up then they will be changing their mind fast.

~rougerum

Soulmates?

How absolutely ridiculous. I've never believed in any of that rubbish, and I'm certainly not going to believe in it now, especially after an unsuccesful love affair.

Yes, its a petty and stupid thing to say, but at the end of the day, what am I supposed to rely on; a crummy airy-fairy theory that in the end only gives your pain meaning, or your actual emotions.

I think I'll rely on my emotions.
Love doesn't suck, but the media pumping it with such 'soulmate' glamour does.

Ant.

arun v,
yes, more like lancaster. if you are from amherst i'm sure you've heard of it.
were you at the buffalo show in may? i saw you at hamilton on stage and you look like a guy who thought i looked like ben kingsley. is that you?

email me at cboeh7@yahoo.com if you want to set something up.

I used to belive in soulmates but im not so sure now.
i think you need to feel whole by yourself instead of looking for someone else to making you feel complete.
I thought i found my soulmate once but as we grew older our opinions changed and we drifted apart.
maybe you have a soulmate through every stage you go thruogh in life who knows!!!!!!

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around

Dont let the Bastards grind you down

Originally posted by poptart2001:

i think you need to feel whole by yourself instead of looking for someone else to making you feel complete.

I couldn't agree MORE with this-you are quite wise
smile.gif

Looking for someone else to 'make you feel complete' is the going down a dangerous path, in my opinion.

I tend to agree with Angela Harlem.

yes, edgerulz, i believe soul mates do exist, and I believe you can have more than just one. I also believe they don't have to be human which makes me silly in many people's minds but you know what? I dont honestly care

good luck, man, I'm sure you will find yours
smile.gif

I've edited a part out of my post that didn't even need to be there. That has got to be one of the most inarticulate posts I have made.

BabyGrace, I would like to ask you a question. Would you send me an email? If not, that's ok.

travu2@hotmail.com

I don't believe in soul mates. I think its an idea that's been projected on society by the media. Its part of the Disney cartoon fairy tale and I'm sorry but that's not reality.

But I also hate Valentine's Day and think its just a way for people to cash in on a stupid holiday. Is it a coincidence that roses are out of season in February? No. Is it coincidental that guys take their girlfriends to dinner, waste their time waiting for an empty table for an hour so they can pay for a romantic dinner to get something out of it later on in the night? No, but ironic considering St. Valentine died a virgin. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now......

Back
Top Bottom