Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
Now that the euro has been successfully implemented, the EU has set its sights on the next critical issue:
THURSDAY JANUARY 10 2002

Brussels can like it or lump it on sauce

FROM MARTIN FLETCHER IN BRUSSELS

A TREND for thick sauces has left Brussels eurocrats wondering whether they should like it or lump it.
A spectacularly obscure EU body will meet in Brussels today to decide just how many lumps a sauce can contain before it ceases to be classified as a sauce and is regarded officially as a vegetable.
You can read the rest of this fascinating story here: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,3-2002015869,00.html

I was wondering when this meeting would take place

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Shouldn't there be an intermediate classification for something thicker and chunkier, along the lines of:
sauce
spread
vegetable

I may not sleep till this matter is resolved.

What about cranberry sauce? By my reckoning, any substance that picks up ridges from the can it's stored in shouldn't be called a sauce.

Most politics really do border on the mundane, but are necessary to ensure there are no loopholes. On one extreme, you have thin gravy. On the other, you have canned fruit in juices. Where do you draw the line? And that's what the E.U. is drawing out.

I think too many of us have watched too many political thriller films.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Oh, the humanity!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by DebbieSG:

referring to Brussels eurocrats
No, they just harbour a perverse fascination with the curving of cucumbers, the lumpiness of sauce and the possibility of creating the cubic tomato. SNAFU.

pass the ketchup?
Hey what do y'all think of green ketchup? I have a bottle of it, but it troubles me. My tastebuds cannot fool my eye.

wasnt it the same eurocrats that decreed that bananas had to be straightened?

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
wasnt it the same eurocrats that decreed that bananas had to be straightened?
Well, they certainly are a lot straighter now than they used to be, same as the cucumbers.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
Hey what do y'all think of green ketchup? I have a bottle of it, but it troubles me. My tastebuds cannot fool my eye.

It frightens me...I don't like the thought of green ooze anyway, but that's just me.

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

Back
Top Bottom