someone damaged my artwork - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2001, 02:20 AM   #21
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Thanks fors. I really hope you see some justice done. The real shame is that you will never have it back as it was. Im so sad for you.

lol@Whistlers Mother! You mad me laff Cass! The year was I believe 1996 that he would have been in it. Can I post his name here? I guess so, the school did accept liability and were stupid enough to tell me who it was, prolly cos I threatened to sue like Fors is. Anyway, his name is Ben Denham. The work was this really dark and surreal landscape done in shades of Prussian Blue, I only remembenr it vaguely because my mother was already dragging me away from it when I realised who it was, she was concerned about a pending police record as I would have happily destroyed it there and then. Im not sure if his went on the national tour after that. I hope not because he didnt deserve it.

And yeah, the Art Gallery of NSW is incredible. They do fantastic short film festivals called Matinaze.

OK, I'll stop stealing fors' thunder now..

Old 12-17-2001, 12:45 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:12 PM
that sucks. can you sand off the tape mark and get a varish or finish for the wood that would be able to match the existing color, covering up the sanding? Hmmm...of course, I can't do much with wood so I'm not a good help.

Its cool at least to see how talented some of you are. I think SkeeK was on the one who had a thread in EYKIW with some of his artwork. I'm just going to live vicariously through you guys.

Old 12-18-2001, 11:56 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:12 AM
lmao, cass, @ 'dickhead'.

Angie, <corny comment coming> you can steal all the thunder you want, I have plenty now that it's monsoon season

sharky, thanks for your suggestions, but the cellotape reacted chemically to the wood, hence the wood colouring has changed. It's not a mere cosmetic problem, I'm afraid. I dare not restore the work for fear of damaging it further. Also, if I sanded certain parts, it would leave an uneven surface and the soldering iron wouldn't make an even texture then. Bear in mind that there are 10-11 such damaging marks, so I'd virtually have to sand off half the picture, which is about 6 month's worth of work, I think.

foray
Old 12-23-2001, 01:11 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:12 PM
*hands foray a tissue, flowers, and a box of chocolate* I'm sorry to hear that.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.