Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes well. I'm glad you put the title in inverted commas, because I don't think there's a society on earth past or present that really has God on its side.

That said, I thought abortion was the libruls' fault. More permutations of the culture wars, that I can't even be bothered to untangle!

Too bad the article didn't contain the actual data. As written, it seems like a collection of statements with no basis for the correllary suggested.

And, I find it odd that the leading comparison (the US and England) ignores the fact that one country has its own state sponsored church, while the other is a massive plurality of beliefs.

nbcrusader said:
And, I find it odd that the leading comparison (the US and England) ignores the fact that one country has its own state sponsored church, while the other is a massive plurality of beliefs.

Despite that, we take religion much more seriously than the Brits do. Religion would never come close to playing a role in their elections the way it does it ours.

Eh, if it's not religion, it's something else. Oppression and communism can cause the same thing. Anarchy and democracy can cause the same thing. Hell, I'm sure the abortion rate in Saudi Arabia is probably lower than the U.S. BECAUSE of their religion. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom