so what's been your most successful evangelisation, guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrieluvv

Refugee
i dunno ...i think this could be interesting dont you?:angel:
share with us how youre earning those wings or halos

I don't understand your question... is it how we made other believe in religion or something ?? (if so take me out :p)

Well guys here's some guidance on evangelising the disillusioned Catholic:

- Evangelizing the Disillusioned Catholic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extract from the book You Can Lead Roman Catholics To Christ.
Wilson Ewin

Not only does Romanism deprive its people of God's salvation, but it often destroys the soul of those who once had the courage to seek the truth. Italy has the strongest Communist party in the Free World because Marxism feeds on decadent Romanism. Millions first lost confidence in their Church, then developed an anti-clerical attitude, and now look upon all religion as a hoax. You may meet some of these bitter folk.

There are other millions of Catholics who have not gone to this extreme. Some do not go to church any more and have developed strange philosophies to deaden their moral consciences. A substantial proportion of recruits in the false cults are former Catholics. Many are to be found in spiritist seances. Most of these fallen-away ones deny many fundamental truths of our New Testament faith. They are spiritual wanderers because they are convinced the Roman Church is not the true Church founded by Christ. Talk with them and gain their confidence. Congratulate each one for having recognized the true nature of the Roman Church. Often you will find that religious teaching received as a child has not disappeared completely. Some spiritual convictions remain. They need assurance and you have much to offer these occasionally hungry hearts.

Again, your task must be to identify the individual as to his spiritual position and to work according to his needs. Often you will find that no interest remains in spiritual matters.

Many, however, do have a genuine interest. They are seeking, and you must supply Biblical answers. Remember the ministry of your local church. It is the place for you to bring the disillusioned Roman Catholic. "

www.ianpaisley.org

I hope this assists you in your evangelisation efforts :wink:

I got reptile to go to The Church show in Adelaide in November. :D

That's gotta be worth something. Maybe a feather....

i've gotten so many people into U2 along the years, but i have to say my most successful evangelization were my brother and sister, especially my brother who's nearly as insane as i am. i am so proud of them -- when their friends were listening to britney and backstreet, my sister was listening to "life's rich pagent" and U2 bootlegs from the UF tour. it's tremendously advantageous to have an older sibling when it comes to music, as they will (hopefully) kick the crap out of you should you bring any teeny-bop music into the house.

i don't know about wings and halos -- but i'd like to think i've earned my wrap-around shades :bono: and skull caps :edge:.

I have converted several people to Pixie-ism. Brought a group to worship the god heads Frank, Kim, Joey and David last December. We gathered, prayed to Mr. Greives and shared beer and burned some of nature's favorite relaxant. It was a joyous ceremony. I wept.

carrieluvv said:
i dunno ...i think this could be interesting dont you?:angel:
share with us how youre earning those wings or halos

I don't know, and really don't want to know.

Some sow, others reap.

Whatever crowns are earned in this lifetime are simply given back to the Almighty in Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom