so ... Mitt Romney. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I am laughing my ass off, in a restaraunt.

Give me a break. FYM is too intelligent to evolve into this.
wanna
bet?

__________________

diamond is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread, speaking for me and not them it is one small example (in terms of importance) in the larger picture of his hypocrisy regarding blind attempts to woo conservatives. I would think since the state trooper stationed outside his house questioned at least one worker about his status, it might have crossed Mitt's mind at least once to do so. But perhaps he was too busy chanting let the people vote..

It has nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican, certainly numerous Democrats employ services and illegals and companies that employ illegals-are they using the immigration issue though in an attempt to woo conservative voters?

I have seen things evolve in FYM that I consider of less significance, intelligence, and importance than Mitt's character and job performance..but I wouldn't question that here. And I think you are better than that Dreadsox, better than insulting/questioning other posters' intelligence because you don't agree with what we've said. Honestly I take it as an insult.
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Dreadsox, I wasnt saying that I blame him for hiring illegals. I'm just saying its a) extraordinarily hypocritical for him to do that AND advocate a fence and all his other anti-immigrant policies, and b) it's great news for me because I don't want to see him become president and I don't think the Republican primary voters across the country will approve of this.
Varitek is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #64
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,155
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
IThere is not a flipping small business around that is not employing illegals.
Please. They aren't illegals, they are "undocumented immigrants."

Romney wouldn't know about it anyway. How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
Bluer White is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
He comes back to MA to get his hair done-but then again shellac makes for a very long lasting do.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

Romney wouldn't know about it anyway. How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
Varitek is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread

Honestly I take it as an insult.
good natured ribbing by a nice fellow never harmed anyone


dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM
I wasn't talking to you diamond, but thanks for interjecting. I never once said he's not a nice fellow did I? Come on. I just don't happen to think it's good natured ribbing to say something like that on the internet when words are what they are. There were no smileys used either.

I'm not personally attacking him, merely stating how I felt about what he said and the way he said it.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread, speaking for me and not them it is one small example (in terms of importance) in the larger picture of his hypocrisy regarding blind attempts to woo conservatives. I would think since the state trooper stationed outside his house questioned at least one worker about his status, it might have crossed Mitt's mind at least once. But perhaps he was too busy chanting let the people vote..


Let me get this, you are linking Mr. Romney to the worker via the state trooper? Beat that dead horse a little more.

There are at least a few other things more important than this that he does have control over.

[Q]It has nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican, certainly numerous Democrats employ services and illegals and companies that employ illegals-are they using the immigration issue though in an attempt to woo conservative voters?[/Q]

So because he wants to do something about it (and this may be the only thing I agree with him on at this point) it makes him responsible to investigate ANY service provider employed by a PRIVATE company? To me this is grasping at straws. Make an issue out of the dozens of other things EDUCATION, GAY MARRIAGE, SCHOOL FUNDING, BIG DID MANAGEMENT that the man actually had an opportunity to do something about.

Quote:
I have seen things evolve in FYM that I consider of less significance, intelligence, and importance than Mitt's character and job performance..but I wouldn't question that here.
Then you are clearly taking the high road.

Quote:
And I think you are better than that Dreadsox, better than insulting/questioning other posters' intelligence because you don't agree with what we've said. Honestly I take it as an insult.
Well, clearly your thoughts about me are misguided. This is in no way meant to agree that my post was meant to be inulting to your IQ. It was not meant to be taken that way, and any such offense comes not from me, but from the vein of truth I have brought into the light.

In my mind it diminishes any legitimate posts down the road about him since clearly there is such a bias, that I cannot take future posts seriously on the topic of Mr. Romney.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


good natured ribbing by a nice fellow never harmed anyone


dbs
Listen you! I do not need you the republican extreme right fihgting my battles for me.






Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I wasn't talking to you diamond, but thanks for interjecting. I never once said he's not a nice fellow did I? Come on. I just don't happen to think it's good natured ribbing to say something like that on the internet when words are what they are. There were no smileys used either.

I'm not personally attacking him, merely stating how I felt about what he said and the way he said it.
Dread is an ASS. A pure DONKEY. I agree.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Well ok, I tried to be nice about it but if that's the way you want to be. Clearly you have the monopoly on truth, my bad. More than a wee bit arrogant for you to think that my feelings have to do with my failure to see the "vein of truth" that you pointed out to me in such a nice way. Thanks.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
Dreadsox, I wasnt saying that I blame him for hiring illegals. I'm just saying its a) extraordinarily hypocritical for him to do that AND advocate a fence and all his other anti-immigrant policies, and b) it's great news for me because I don't want to see him become president and I don't think the Republican primary voters across the country will approve of this.
He didn't hire Illegals......The company he hired did.

And my point stands.....Unless every f-ing Tom, DICK, Harry...is required to investigate the employees of companies that provide services paid for....it is NOT HYPOCRITICAL....

It is....shall we say...weakening the legitimate arguments that could be presented about this man's buffoonery....
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Well ok, I tried to be nice about it but if that's the way you want to be. Clearly you have the monopoly on truth, my bad. More than a wee bit arrogant for you to think that my feelings have to do with my failure to see the "vein of truth" that you pointed out to me in such a nice way. Thanks.
Methinks thou does take me too seriously....

and now....

I am sad....

because it was not my intent....
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White


Please. They aren't illegals, they are "undocumented immigrants."

Romney wouldn't know about it anyway. How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
My bad....How UN PC of me.....

And....

The lawn thing may be his best defense in this case.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Maybe you should go back and read your post (s) and think about how it (they) might come across to me. Nothing justifies that, seriously. I have legitimate feelings about Mitt and his poor job performance, and they have nothing to do with bias. I can observe and think.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


wanna
bet?

How much would you like to wager?

Hope springs eternal....

But if these are the things the democrats are going to throw up against the wall as issues......there will be a republican again elected to the big office.....hehe....can we say Reagan Revolution....

This type of issue is EXACTLY what the Repubican Party would LOVE to see......

But I digress.....a victory does not win the war....and November 2006...will be in the rear view mirror......

The Democrats do not get it....it was not a vote for them....it was a vote against the war....and that will not carry the day in two years....

Nor will this type of issue...
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Maybe you should go back and read your post (s) and think about how it (they) might come across to me. Nothing justifies that, seriously. I have legitimate feelings about Mitt and his poor job performance, and they have nothing to do with bias. I can observe and think.
SO we should investigate who is employeed in every eatery we partake in dining? So that we are not all hypocrits....Where would someone get the legal authority to step into the washroom of the local eatery to seek out those who scrub the pans and check their documents?

What about the cranberry sauce? While it makes a tasty side dish on Thanksgiving, should we go to the local bog and check the people who are weeding all summer long, before we hypocritically dine on the berry?

I say this in all seriousness, because we are a nation of hypocrits if we are not going to go to such lengths to protect ourselves from hypocracy!!!!
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Forget it, I give up. You are insistent upon focusing on that issue when I am well aware that it involves so many more issues. I am just very disappointed that you expressed it in the way you did, and that's all I have left to say.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Forget it, I give up. You are insistent upon focusing on that issue when I am well aware that it involves so many more issues. I am just very disappointed that you expressed it in the way you did, and that's all I have left to say.
And for that disappointment.....I say....

Sorry.
__________________

Dreadsox is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×