So Israel gives The Gaza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, Hamas, Hezbola and the militant groups are better organized than any form of Palestinian government.

Last edited:
I am not a racist Finace Guy. I am just pointing Things out. Typical of Liberal Society. If someone Critizizes they are labled a racist. I think you racist and a person who like to take peoples freedom of speech away for your own benefit.

So I am a racist because the israles knew how to keep the land beautiful and in peace. Wow.

My mom is from Guatemala. My dad side of the family came from Poland, England, Germany, and Guatemala.

Justin24 said:
So I am a racist because the israles knew how to keep the land beautiful and in peace. Wow.

Laughable. The fact that you believe this just shows how woefully misinformed you are on the issue.

Unless you count the suicide bombing, then no. Even after they made a peace treaty and decided to pull out of the West Bank, they were still being bombed by militants.

First off, it is absolutely foolish to think that merely handing over the Palestinian Territories after centuries of foreign interference is going to make things better. It's not. There's two problems in Gaza, and most of it has to do with Fatah. It's corrupt and ineffectual, just as any one-party rule would be. The only other serious challenge to Fatah politically is Hamas, and it has been said that Hamas-controlled areas have relative stability. But, of course, Hamas' militancy and hostility towards Israel is always its sticking point.

Basically, until Fatah and its corruption is rooted out with a stable and credible political opponent, these areas will remain entrenched in corruption and instability.

Melon

Interesting to note however that Israel was until fairly recently (3 or 4 years ago) designated as a non-complying territory by the internationally recognised Financial Action Task Force (FATF), meaning that its anti-money laundering stuctures were deemed not up to scratch although it subsequently was deemed to have made the necessary reforms and it was taken off the list of non-complying territories. So corruption does not just exist on the Palestinian side.

Although to be fair I am aware of at least one European country that was also deemed non-compliant with regard to the same area (and by the same task force).

Last edited:
melon said:
First off, it is absolutely foolish to think that merely handing over the Palestinian Territories after centuries of foreign interference is going to make things better. It's not. There's two problems in Gaza, and most of it has to do with Fatah. It's corrupt and ineffectual, just as any one-party rule would be. The only other serious challenge to Fatah politically is Hamas, and it has been said that Hamas-controlled areas have relative stability. But, of course, Hamas' militancy and hostility towards Israel is always its sticking point.

Basically, until Fatah and its corruption is rooted out with a stable and credible political opponent, these areas will remain entrenched in corruption and instability.

Melon

not to mention

how can Gaza work??

they have been a virtual detention camp for decades

they have no viable economy

there needs to be more open borders with Egypt

and a viable airport and sea ports

and a regular transportation corridor between Gaza and the west bank

plus billions in foreign aid to jump-start this place

Israel blocks Palestinian East Jerusalem campaign
Tue Jan 3, 2006 5:23 PM ET8

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli police blocked Palestinians from electioneering in Arab East Jerusalem on Tuesday when campaigning began for parliamentary polls, highlighting a dispute threatening a delay in the vote.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Monday the January 25 polls, widely seen as a referendum on his rule after Israel's Gaza pullout last year raised hopes of ending years of conflict, would not take place if Israel barred voting in East Jerusalem.

In Washington, U.S. President George W. Bush's administration said it hoped the poll would be held on schedule and urged Israel to let Palestinians in East Jerusalem vote.

what chance for Palestinians

when Israel prevents a Democratic vote?

A_Wanderer said:
The Palestinians are one of the finest examples of why aid can hurt a society :|

You're very right Wanderer....

After the signing of the Oslo accords in 1993, the newly established Palestinian Authority received financial aid from many countries (mostly in Europe) which were earmarked for education, infrastructure and basic living necessities.

Unfortunately, most of the millions of dollars ended up in Yasser Arafat's pocket. He made himself out to be a champion for the opressed Palestinians while himself amassing a fortune that his widow is now enjoying in France.....

I have no doubt that the Palestinian people on the whole WANT peace with Israel and want to live productive lives in their own independent state, but I also know that any sign of moderation on their side is squashed by the terrorist organizations who want nothing to do but wipe us off the map.

The terrorists don't care that by hurting us they are hurting their own people as well. They continue to hide their bases among the civillian population so they can cry their crocodile tears when innocent people are killed when Israel goes after them.

The Islamic Jihad is responsible for the launching of many "Kassam" rockets at Israeli cities. This week, when we killed two of the people responsible for the launches, they vowed revenge against us for this "brutal killing" - of course neglecting to say that it was their fault in the first place....DUH!

Unfortunately this situation will never change until the PA finally gets its act together and decide to put the people first and their pockets second....

BTW - Israel is blocking voting in East Jerusalem because East Jerusalem is not part of the Palestinian Authority and therefore not part of the elections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom