So, I saw my cousin at the local tavern today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Cousin Jimmy.....Jimbo I used to call him. We're actually distant cousins I guess. His mom is cousins with my mom. So anyway, Jimbo is 5 years older than me, with a wife and two kids. I just learned now that the second one was born months ago....

He's a fireman near Union Square in Manhatten (near NYU, 14th st. or abouts for you nosy peeps). Then it hit me.

"Jimbo, were you working that day?"

"No, CK. Unfortunately, 12 from my house were working that day."

CK is forever thankful.

How lucky was I?

More than most.

CK

As I have told you before, we were up there 9/19-9/23. We stayed at Carnegie Suites Hotel, 58th Street offof Park Avenue. I can't remember what number it was, but the station next door to our hotel lost 7 firefighters, plus their district supervisor. A shrine had been set up on the sidewalk with their pictures, flowers, other memorials. Be glad your cousin was not working.

~U2Alabama

Not sure if you wanted to know this, but your cousin Jimmy and you are second cousins. The childern of first cousins are each others second cousins. If you have children, they will be Jimmy's childrens 3rd cousins. Although I seriously doubt they would ever entertain the idea, its ok by the Church, government, and science, for 3rd cousins to marry.

Back
Top Bottom