so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
I've tried to bring this up once before in a thread but was shut down and placed (lost) in the general campaign/debate section. According to the Interference rules and I quote "Basically, the only campaign related threads we have going besides that one are threads about specific states' primaries, or threads for general discussion (both positive and negative) OF ONE PARTICULAR CANDIDATE"

So here it goes again...
What do you all think of what is becoming clear as the Two Headed Beast called Billary. Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts? Will it backfire??
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement. The "first black president" getting in the way of the First Black President. I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.
What's your take on this????

Harry Vest said:

Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts?

I think so. I think they know what they're doing. I don't think the party is benefitting, though

Harry Vest said:
Will it backfire??

Not in the primary, but probably in the general. Hillary is already very unliked, this can only add to her/their unpopularity.

Harry Vest said:
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement.

Doesn't surprise me. They'll probably do whatever it takes to get elected. They have no shame.

Harry Vest said:
I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.

Join the club.

Harry Vest said:
I've tried to bring this up once before in a thread but was shut down and placed (lost) in the general campaign/debate section. According to the Interference rules and I quote "Basically, the only campaign related threads we have going besides that one are threads about specific states' primaries, or threads for general discussion (both positive and negative) OF ONE PARTICULAR CANDIDATE"

So here it goes again...
What do you all think of what is becoming clear as the Two Headed Beast called Billary. Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts? Will it backfire??
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement. The "first black president" getting in the way of the First Black President. I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.

I think "in your mind" your candidate is washed up and done.

I think you are right.

Obama will win less primaries and caucuses than Jesse Jackson did in 1988.
btw, Jackson was a better candidate and more deserving

If a candidate can't battle through a primary and get the nomination without whining

than he is not ready for prime time.

One might take a lesson from McCain, a legitimate politician and viable candidate.

The "dirty" politics done to him in 2000 by his own party are about 4-5 times worse than anything that has happened to Obama

McCain learned from 2000, did not whine, (too much) and is respected and running a smarter and more successful campaign 8 years later.

I guess Obama is too old to wait and has so much experience that, now is his only chance.

Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

deep said:

I think "in your mind" your candidate is washed up and done.

I think you are right.

Obama will win less primaries and caucuses than Jesse Jackson did in 1988.
btw, Jackson was a better candidate and more deserving

If a candidate can't battle through a primary and get the nomination without whining

One might take a lesson from McCain, a legitimate politician and viable candidate.

The "dirty" politics done to him in 2000 by his own party are about 4-5 times worse than anything that has happened to Obama

McCain learned from 2000, did not whine, (too much) and is respected and running a smarter and more successful campaign 8 years later.

I guess Obama is too old to wait and has so much experience that, now is his only chance.

Well, I would celebrate if I were you. You just won a first class trip to a country divided in two for another four years.

How did Einstein define 'insanity' again?

Harry Vest said:
So here it goes again...

That your questions are clearly quite loaded.

I quite hesitantly say that Obama supporters are now becoming as rabid and hysterical as Ron Paul supporters. No candidate is going to be our Savior.

O.K. but here's the difference...it was Bush and co. that attacked McCain - no real surprise there...and he lost!!! This time it's Billary and they'll give McCain the Whitehouse because of it.

Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Dalton said:

You just won a first class trip to a country divided in two for another four years.

You really think Obama is so magical that he can make the country less divided? It's not like he's going to get 100% of the popular vote and everyone will just be ecstatic over him. Sorry pal, the country's going to be very divided regardless of who wins.

Harry Vest said:
O.K. but here's the difference...it was Bush and co. that attacked McCain -

yes

that is what happens in primaries

candidates compete and fight within their own group

Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

2861U2 said:

You really think Obama is so magical that he can make the country less divided? It's not like he's going to get 100% of the popular vote and everyone will just be ecstatic over him. Sorry pal, the country's going to be very divided regardless of who wins.

Ah cynicism. I love it cause it keeps me warm in the winter. Do I think that Obama will heal all the partisan wounds in our country? Absolutely not. Do I believe that he has a better shot to do so than Hillary? Absolutely.

I feel bad for Hillary. I think she is a smart, capable candidate and one hell of a politician. In fact, she I believe she (behind Romney - who feel has too many douche like qualities) is the most qualified prospect. However, we know this thing for sure, if she is elected one half of the country will dig in their heels an fight her every step of the way. Is it right? No. Is it sensible? No. Is it fact? Yes.

At this point, Obama, Edwards, McCain, or Romney do not elicit those sort of strong emotions in the general public. I'm willing to trade a little bit in qualification for a president who will at least have a fresh slate to start from. I also believe that Obama, Edwards, and McCain are smart enough to decentralize presidential powers to a level they were at pre-W days. So, the presidency becomes more about the ability to bring a large part of the country together. Pal.

melon said:
I quite hesitantly say that Obama supporters are now becoming as rabid and hysterical as Ron Paul supporters. No candidate is going to be our Savior.

Unfair, and insulting on both counts. To be honest, taking into account everything you've been saying on here with regard to the Presidential election, I'm starting to wonder what precisely you have to offer in terms of guidance and/or your own opinions, because I've seen you slam the choices of others, but I haven't seen you put forward your own choice.

Has it ever occured to you that many people have done their research on Obama and Paul and have rationally come to the conclusion that Obama or Paul is the candidate for them (just as you (hopefully) have done your research and concluded something different?)

Melon, with all due respect to you, maybe instead of posting threads like 'Why should I care about Iraq?' and 'Why should I care about Obama?', YOU should do YOUR own research and tell us what candidate YOU prefer (and then we can all proceed with ridiculing your choice, just as you've ridiculed the choices of others.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Dalton said:

Ah cynicism. I love it cause it keeps me warm in the winter. Do I think that Obama will heal all the partisan wounds in our country? Absolutely not. Do I believe that he has a better shot to do so than Hillary? Absolutely.

I live in CA
and the Democrat nominee will win our 55 electoral votes (period)

Dalton

Harvey

what states do you live in

is your vote even relevant?

my vote means nothing in CA.

Most likely all this pissin' and moanin' we are going on about - is a waste

most likely this election will turn on one, maybe two, no more than three states.

So please, list a state or two that Obama takes that Hillary loses? OK?

:O

I live in Michigan. So no, my vote meant (literally) meant nothing. But are you really arguing the relative value of arguing on the internet when you have so many posts in FYM?

Seriously, I once had to wash out a kettle's mouth because it called a pot 'black'.

deep said:

because we've had a former president beat up on a primary candidate in each and every single news cycle since christmas before.

the Clintons are only interested in dynasty, in getting Bill another 8 years, and they don't care who they have to destroy, or what party they have to destroy, in order to get it.

and the difference is that the general election won't be nearly as swayed by the Clintons as the democratic primary voters.

look forward to more Republican judicial appointments.

Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

financeguy said:

Has it ever occured to you that many people have done their research on Obama and Paul and have rationally come to the conclusion that Obama or Paul is the candidate for them (just as you (hopefully) have done your research and concluded something different?)

many things occur to me

and analyzing the U S electoral process is not that difficult

Paul is not a factor in this election

2861U2 said:

yes. his appeal among independents is the envy of every candidate, including McCain.

i find myself disliking Hillary with the intensity and the irrationality of most of those on the right.

i don't want another 4-8 years of rancor and the Clintons getting their jollies by kicking their opponents in the nuts and then claiming that they were kicked first as the opponent rolls on the ground. all that does for the spectators is make them hate them all.

I agree Harry Vest.

They should just let Obama win.

They obviously didn't get the memo that was posted on CNN and MSNBC and Huffington Post and Daily Kos etc.

"hands off the sacred cow!!"

but seriously, let's talk about this "Two Headed Monster"

what have you (or anyone else) specifically taken issue with that the Clintons have done in this camapign?

Let's make this thread useful and debate these issues point by point.

Irvine511 said:

i don't want another 4-8 years of rancor and the Clintons getting their jollies by kicking their opponents in the nuts and then claiming that they were kicked first as the opponent rolls on the ground. all that does for the spectators is make them hate them all.

Am I the only one fascinated by the fact that using the "kicked in the nuts" metaphor is ALWAYS funny?

Its really the only true bet in this life.

Well played.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

deep said:

Dalton

So please, list a state or two that Obama takes that Hillary loses? OK?

Was that sentence structure sufficient enough

for

an

answer.:wink:

deep said:
many things occur to me

and analyzing the U S electoral process is not that difficult

Paul is not a factor in this election

looked at from the point of view of elections

you are right

looked at from the point of view of hearts and minds

you are wrong

he is getting his ideas in the forefront of people's minds

to me, that means that regardless of his chances of being elected

he is doing the public

a great service
;)

financeguy said:

looked at from the point of view of elections

you are right

looked at from the point of view of hearts and minds

you are wrong

he is getting his ideas in the forefront of people's minds

to me, that means that regardless of his chances of being elected

he is doing the public

a great service
;)

I

hate

you

all.

;)

U2DMfan said:

what have you (or anyone else) specifically taken issue with that the Clintons have done in this camapign?

Let's make this thread useful and debate these issues point by point.

1. calling Obama "kid"
2. claiming that Obama was injecting "race" into the campaign when it was the Clintons who did first
3. the wild distortion of Obama's comments on Reagan
4. the wild distortion of Obama's non-comments on Clinton
5. the wild distortion of what 100 "present" votes in the IL senate means out of over 4,000 cast
6. the use of a former president as a political hit man and his going far above and beyond the role of a political spouse

do you want more?

yes

and because I am an old bastard

I can tell you that Goldwater 1964

begat Regan 1980

so will Ron Paul 2008

begat a future leader

btw,
I survived a house fire

and type with one hand

Irvine511 said:
i find myself disliking Hillary with the intensity and the irrationality of most of those on the right.

Why do you hate successful women?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

financeguy said:

Why do you hate successful women?

i don't use the word hate.

i dislike a woman who presents herself as some kind of feminist icon when EVERYTHING she has accomplished is directly due to her husband's power.

Irvine511 said:
1. calling Obama "kid"
2. claiming that Obama was injecting "race" into the campaign when it was the Clintons who did first
3. the wild distortion of Obama's comments on Reagan
4. the wild distortion of Obama's non-comments on Clinton
5. the wild distortion of what 100 "present" votes in the IL senate means out of over 4,000 cast
6. the use of a former president as a political hit man and his going far above and beyond the role of a political spouse

do you want more?

Why are you against a female president?

Are you a misogynist?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Irvine511 said:
i dislike a woman who presents herself as some kind of feminist icon when EVERYTHING she has accomplished is directly due to her husband's power.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Not saying you are wrong. But I'm not entirely sure who the brains of the operation here was all along either.

Back
Top Bottom