Snickers "Kissing Mechanics" ad pulled as "homophobic"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lmao: The commercials were very funny, and I see nothing homophobic about them or the commentaries (come on, those NFL players weren't homophobic...they don't have to get all hot and bothered watching it to not be homophobic :rolleyes: ). The campaign works because controversy sells itself. Even if it's only shown once, it's all over youtube, and everyone will see it. The commercial wasn't for telling people about Snickers, it was getting the name stuck in people's heads. :yes:

LemonMelon said:
and I see nothing homophobic about them or the commentaries (come on, those NFL players weren't homophobic...they don't have to get all hot and bothered watching it to not be homophobic :rolleyes: ).

Really? You don't see the difference between gross and getting hot and bothered?:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Really? You don't see the difference between gross and getting hot and bothered?:|

One question...how many of those commentaries were there? I only watched two of them, but I never heard the word "gross" used. They found the commercials amusing, if a bit over-the-top. I didn't hear anything that could be potentially offensive in them. :eyebrow:

i'm not really surprised by this.. there are always going to be the ads that are pulled because of some inate reasoning..

It's definitely pro-gay, really.

I mean what's more fun? Swapping Snickers and spit with a friend or getting your hands into a pretzel position trying to loosen or tighten some doohickey within the bowels of a pollution machine?

When I was in high school, the two guys kissing who were allegedly hetero and allegedly making fun of fags were in fact lovers. And it was hot. Everybody loved it.

GM is editing that ad and they took it off their site, according to a story I saw on CNN. Also GM workers were offended by it, since so many of them were laid off and replaced by robots. Kind of a slap in the face to them, I'd say.

Well, I'm more worried by terms like Human Resources and such as by an advertisement with robots.
Citroen did a spot with a robot a few years ago, and nobody complaint at all.

But these terms like Human Resources show the mentality of corporate management and how they view their employees much more than any ad could ever do.

Back
Top Bottom