smile when driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
hi,
i just want to ask why whenever i am driving and make eye contact with people they have a look like on their face like they are the baddest mofo ever and they want to kick some ass? this goes for boys and girls. why can't we just smile at each other when we drive? it seems it would make the world a better place.

A lot of times when people are driving they are racing against the clock to get somewhere and probably running late or in traffic. Most people are stressed out and oblivious to their facial expressions.

------------------

BLESS Y
O
U
SOUL R

gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

I smile often while driving. Especially when I am listening to a U2 CD. Actually, perhaps the furious beating on the steering wheel (my imitation of Larry) scares the people away.
biggrin.gif

-sula

People laugh at me when I'm driving because I sing and "seat dance".

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Hahah edgerulz, I'm one of those people.

Sorry but why is it that people have to STARE at me every time I'm driving. Especially at stoplights. I just look straight ahead because if I look over its usually some greasy scum bucket with his tongue hanging out of his face making gestures at me.

Even girl mean mug me!

mad.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

Yes, half of those kind of people are in a hurry to get to Taco Bell for the 49 cent taco special (they don't even have time to buckle up their seatbelts), and the other half are driving navy blue sexydimonjeepgrandcherokees and think they are too righteous to smile at you.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by Bonochick:

Do that too Bonochick! Even people in the car with me get embarrassed and pretend like they don't know me! LOL

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

i always try to be nice when i drive.
smile.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

I could give a bad ass mofo look, but it would be SO hypocryical. I drive a beat up old corsica with dents and scratches all over it...It would justbe humerous if I laughed at other people.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I'm with Sula and Bonochick, I do both of these! Thank God for tinted windows, is all I have to say!
biggrin.gif

I smile often while driving. Especially when I am listening to a U2 CD. Actually, perhaps the furious beating on the steering wheel (my imitation of Larry)

----------------------

At night, you know how when you are at an intersection or somebody is waiting to pull out, and that means that when you drive by them that their headlights flash into your car, and they can see inside? My friend and I used to look at them and make demented faces. Heh...

Damn kids...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Ppl are crazy on the roads, like today, the guy in the lil old 1923 model laser that simply couldnt overtake me, flipping the bird. Its unecessary to be so aggressive.

I stare straight ahead. I feel real self-concious when driving, because once on the way to a concert a friend and I were bothered by this creep in the van next to us...he was pressing his nipple up against the window and making kissy faces, it was too gross.
tongue.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

I make eye contact occasionally with the driver of the car standing in front of me (if i'm stopping at a red light)
and, using the mirror for looking back, (what's that called in English? the mirror in the middle of the car used for checking what's behind you) i make occasional eye contact with the person who's driving the car behind me.

We just glance at each other - by far nothing as creepy as some of you have described.
biggrin.gif

Though once, as i was having a final driving test to get my driver's license, i pulled over at a red light and the driver of the car standing behind me (when you do a final test, there are two other people in the back of the car that evaluate you, along with the instructor who gave you driving lessons at the co-driver seat. so, as there were 3 people in the car beside me, he knew it was my final test) smiled and gave me the thumbs up. I smiled back at him.
smile.gif

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-23-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
(what's that called in English? the mirror in the middle of the car used for checking what's behind you)

Rear-view mirror.

Why do they call it a rear-view mirror if you can?t see the ass of the person driving behind you?

I was in my said automobile yesterday listening to "Desire". That is a must sing song when listening to it in a car (or elsewhere for that matter). I was singing at the top of my lungs and the music was MUCH louder than I. Anyhew, I got to a stop light and I continued to sing like the dork I am. I was in the middle lane and 2 cars pulled up on either side of me. Yep, they watched me sing my heart out. When I looked they were both laughing pretty hard. Good times.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Rear-view mirror.

That's what i thought! (i wasn't sure whether that's the one in the middle or the ones at the side of the car on the outside) Thanks.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Why do they call it a rear-view mirror if you can?t see the ass of the person driving behind you?

Hee hee hee...all i know is the way some drivers behind me look like (mostly old guys), i definitely would not want to see their asses!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by edgerulz:
i just want to ask why whenever i am driving and make eye contact with people they have a look like on their face like they are the baddest mofo ever and they want to kick some ass?
Ah, you must have seen Mad1 driving.

I think the reason many people have a mean look in their eye when driving is simply because driving is so damn dangerous.

Even on routine in-town trips, it's scary how many close shaves you can have, no matter how careful you are being. And when you're late for an appointment, well it's a recipe for rage.

Of course part of it is probably just machismo. Like you wouldn't meet some people's eyes walking down the street - it's just the way people are.

its because a person's car is a place where they feel powerful

i always like to give a lil nod, or smile to my fellow Suzuki drivers. its like we're in a lil club. A ssecret lil cool car club.
Although most people that drive my car tend to be guys my age in baseball caps. Not a problem of course
biggrin.gif

P platers suck

------------------
Slane/Lon tour pics

lmao manda @ p-platers. I do awful things to them when they ask for it.

I wonder how many secret societies there are with model cars? One of my old friends used to drive a Kombi. They had a special wave and everything. WRX drives, I found the other day also have one. As do XR's. The 6's tend to get snubbed though
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom