SMELL OF BLOOD IN THE AIR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BLOCK:
(i really don't care about what anyone else has left to say...because no one other than myself has anything relivent to say to me.....i am no longer going to be on this forum so i would just like to say one last thing.

FUCK EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF YOU!

on a last note.... babble you son of a bitch...why didn't you post what the guy who i was responding to said?...

HATE! it's a beautiful thing!

(im not krazy...i see clearer now than i have before..)

GOODBYE
BLOCK, you've finally done it. I don't think I've ever read anything more idiotic on this forum than that right there. You can't win on the basis of your argument, so you resort to this. It's shameful. Babble had you on the ropes, so you called him an SOB. That is absolutely lovely.

Hi Block,
I'm sorry your upset and I'm sorry your life isn't going great right now. I'm just going to ignore that name you called me because I'm sure you said it in anger and don't really mean it. I think I've said all I want to say on this subject anyway so I don't feel the need to debate it anymore....it's all just going in circles. Anyway, this is just an internet forum....no big deal.

Block,

If you are still checking this, I think you should seek some professional help.

Your comments are disturbing and are not the comments of a rational human being.

For you own sake - go talk to somebody.

I don't wanna sound ignorent.... I'll try my best not to.... But, I think Block has made very good points.... I love America, i mean, i was born here... but, i do believe,its not as pretty as it appears to be.
Let me tell u lot, lets all try and look at eachother as equals, and appreciate everyday of what we have.... Many innocent people around this world die everyday for stupid political benefits.... We are all humen beings, lets try and "carry eachother" through these events.... Lets carry eachother, not point fingers....

I wish i had a solution for getting rid of these terrorist (btw, these terrorists are not muslims, they are a cult of their own).... However, i do know that no innocent life should ever be taken becuz we are trying to capture these crazy bastards.

i really don't care about what anyone else has left to say...because no one other than myself has anything relivent to say to me.....because of something personal that happend today i no longer have faith in the human race..and our survival...we as a unit are ignorant selfish and conniving ...and yes that includes ME!

That's nice of you to discredit the opinions and well thought out responses revolving around this tough situation. Despite some of your valid points and your concerns, you've stooped pretty low by letting this argument come to personal blows. I've lurked on this board a few months before I decided to post and I think you've gone the Quick Vick route. Your arrogance is blinding. Try turning down the lights.

i am no longer going to be on this forum so i would just like to say one last thing.

Bravo. Bravo. Can't take the heat of an argument, so you bow out with a "fuck you." Very nice indeed. I see you've lost all faith in the human race. Listen, you can't change the world, but you can change the world in you. Might be a good time to start now.

this has nothing to do with this conversation...but i've had it with this fucking 'earth'

If it has nothing to do with this particular conversation, why did you post it?

[/QUOTE]on a last note.... babble you son of a bitch...why didn't you post what the guy who i was responding to said?...

HATE! it's a beautiful thing!

(im not krazy...i see clearer now than i have before..)

GOODBYE
[/QUOTE]

Pfffffffffffffft! Take a breather man, and come back once your head has cooled and you've gotten some clarity. You may think you see clearer now than you have before, but this last bit hardly illustrates that. Geezus... I know newbies shouldn't butt their heads into ongoing flame wars, but...

i am no longer going to be on this forum so i would just like to say one last thing.

Intelligence at its best!

Right back at ya BLOCK!

Don't let this site's home page hit you in the ass on the way out.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

A FLAG!..a peice of cloth! not even that good quality of cloth! I mean ya...it stands for stuff...but god damn..don't kill someone because they don't like your flag...or your ideals...or your fucking name...role with the punches!
-_________________________

This just makes me laugh.. 'it stands for STUFF'.. Haha... How would a muslim like it is someone took a shit on the Sacred Black Rock In Mecca.. Or a someone who stole all the knee high boots of those bountymen police ya'll have got up there...

The Terrorists.. Will Be Killed because they KILLED 6000 of our citizens. And If We Don't.. They will Kill 12000 More, and Maybe Thousands of Canadians as well....

For some reason i didn't see it when Block wrote " F**k everyone here".... I find that very contradicting, insulting, ignorent, and, the list goes on.... Block you had potential in some of the points u made, but u destroyed it all when u said 'F**k..."

alright now that enough I can no longer hold my silence on this matter. yes the US should attack afghanistan for harbouring Bin laden, and yes I support the manner by which the United States are going about assalting the Taliban regime. Block does have several points that are very relevant, and I respect his opinion for that. I also respect the way in which he is carrying himself in this all to biased thread. You Americans disgust me! you can think of nothing more than patriotism and bloody revenge. Much like your enemy the Taliban.

YOu cannot keep an objective view on this topic. It appears as though your answer to all your problems is war. If it ain't american, bomb it. You cannot begin to understand how Islamic culture functions, so my suggestion to you dumbass presidents is to keep your nose where it belongs, in North America.

Screw your patriotism, and all that you stand for. Starsnstripes you are a fool, your patriotism has obvisouly blurred your vision. Lemonite you really struck a nerve on this one, fuck you piece of redneck trash, why dont you go widen your gene pool. At least us canadians dont get involved in what doesnt concern us. you make me sick, dont go knocking us Canadians, because were smarter, slimmer, funnyer and overall leaps and bouds ahead of your crime infested hole you call a country. FEEL FREE TO FLAME REDNECK

Lemonite

Originally posted by Gcat:
alright now that enough I can no longer hold my silence on this matter. yes the US should attack afghanistan for harbouring Bin laden, and yes I support the manner by which the United States are going about assalting the Taliban regime. Block does have several points that are very relevant, and I respect his opinion for that. I also respect the way in which he is carrying himself in this all to biased thread. You Americans disgust me! you can think of nothing more than patriotism and bloody revenge. Much like your enemy the Taliban.

YOu cannot keep an objective view on this topic. It appears as though your answer to all your problems is war. If it ain't american, bomb it. You cannot begin to understand how Islamic culture functions, so my suggestion to you dumbass presidents is to keep your nose where it belongs, in North America.

Screw your patriotism, and all that you stand for. Starsnstripes you are a fool, your patriotism has obvisouly blurred your vision. Lemonite you really struck a nerve on this one, fuck you piece of redneck trash, why dont you go widen your gene pool. At least us canadians dont get involved in what doesnt concern us. you make me sick, dont go knocking us Canadians, because were smarter, slimmer, funnyer and overall leaps and bouds ahead of your crime infested hole you call a country. FEEL FREE TO FLAME REDNECK

Lemonite

rolleyes.gif

redneck trash, why dont you go widen your gene pool...because were smarter, slimmer, funnyer and overall leaps and bouds ahead of your crime infested hole you call a country. FEEL FREE TO FLAME REDNECK

It looks like we've thrown "political correctness" and "sensitivity" out the window in this thread!

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 10-24-2001).]

Primarily, I would like to congratualte Babble for not doing his name's sake, he has been quite erudite and specific in his arguments, there is no real need for me to say anything, since he's pretty much said everything rather eloquently anyway.

However, it is reasonable to assume that, judging by the heated nature of the argument, the civilised concensus is directly split into two groups; the group that has realised the need for action, and the group that has yet to realise the severity of the situation.

The comparison that reasoning with the Taliban would be like reasoning with the Christian Coalition over Gay rights is a gross understatement; we are all party to what barbarism the Taliban are guilty of, and in this my mind is steadfast in its conviction.

What was more significant was the point raised by Amna, who emphasises on the loss of innocent life, I too have concurred on this point, but it is a loss that must be incurred. Now, at this point, and I don't mean to generalise, but many people (espcially a number of Muslims) begin to quote the 'double-standard' argument, stating that the USA considers Muslim life less valuable than say, Christian life. This is not a valid explanation. You merely have to look into the long history of Wars society has endured this century alone and recgonise that ALL countries, ALL faiths, have sacrificed their innocents and others. The millions of Russians dead in World War 2, along with the allies, were sacrifices, not to mention the civilian causalites; they were not subject to double standard.

The idea of double-standards and 'no one is perfect, let us not point fingers' is neither here nor there, I'm afraid. Since when have we ever lived in a perfect and ideal society? Since when have we lived in a world that follows Jesus' doctrine whole-heartedly? Jesus, one of the coolest guys that ever lived, however, always did ask too much of the human race; we do not fit in his perfect vision of humanity as of yet.

The dreamers will dream, and the idealists will idealise, but at the end of the day, I would like to see such dreams and ideals in the face of a gun being pointed directly towards at them. Amna, how well will your views of 'carrying each other' be expressed to someone who doesn't care for your life, or any other form of life?

Negotiation is out of the question, carrying each other is out of the question, especially when, in an attempt to carry that person, he stabs a knife in your back in the name of a higher power that does not mean anything to your life and dreams.

It is always so amusing to see the Christian and Muslim anti-war debaters quote their faith in their time of need, they quote how Jesus said this and Jesus said that. Jesus said many things. One of them being that his 'kingdom was NOT of this world'. Religious beliefs are there to giude the spirit in order to help other matters, that does not mean that it should be taken literally in every step of the way. How hypocritical are those who dare to quote Jesus in such a time, when did most of them even think of him when times were going smoothly? If you don't like the way the situation is being handled, turn to what is REALLY annoying you, don't try to raise your arguments to a higher level of divinity. At the end of the day, no matter how divine or holy one might consider himself to be, you are a human that lives in a human society and is consumed in worldy life; don't turn to holy doctrines when it suits you.

We are human, immersed in faults and consumed by passions; divinity is a luxury, that, if we really do aspire to it, should be looked at in a hope that reinforces humanity, not deems such a divinity as idealistic. It is regrettable, but LITERALLY giving your other cheek to the enemy is an idealistic and foolish doctrine.

The reason why the crisis is ugly and messy is that certain people keep bringing religion into it; keep religion out of it - it has been the cause of so many evils in the past.

IN conclusion, I agree with everything Babble has said, and condemn any other sort of action as idealistic, placing further emphasis on RELIGIOUS ideology, which is a most hypocritical and deluded argument.

Ant.

well said Anthony, I have the upmost respect for the manner in which you have worded your opinion. Nevertheless my view remains the same( it may have been undermined by my vulgar language I appologize) Americans are too patriotic for their own good, to a point where anagnariasis is never realised, only the bitter howls of a mob that has not seen the truth in life

love, and be loved

PEACE

Lemonite
Damn. I didn't get insulted! I feel useless now. Why did I get left out? Doesn't my patritism make you sick, also, Holy John or BLOCK, or whoever you really are?

I posted twice like a newbie!
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 10-24-2001).]

Originally posted by ouizy and responded to by me:
America: The Good Neighbor

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given
recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television
commentator. What follows is the full text of his
trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional
Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the
Americans as the most generous and possibly the least
appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the
Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
forgave other billions in debts. None of these
countries is today paying even the interest on its
remaining debts to the United States.

Everybody in Europe is highly gratefull for the military support
during WWII and the financial support after the war. But let us
not forget that the financial help from the US wasn't merely out of altru?stic reasons. A strong European economy was and is as important for the USA as it was and is for Europe itself.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it
was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward
was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of
Paris. I was there. I saw it.

I honestly don't know much about this.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United
States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59
American communities were flattened by Tornadoes.
Nobody helped.

The US obviously isn't the only country helping when a disaster
of some kind occurs somewhere around the world. The reasons
other countries aren't giving as much help to the US as they give other countries might be; 1. The US never really asks for help (to proud?),
2. Everybody is used to the US handling their own business (they won't have it any other way
wink.gif
) and 3. There aren't a lot of things other countries can offer because the US is not known to be short of cash, manpower or technologies.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped
billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now
newspapers in those countries are writing about the
decadent, war- mongering Americans.

Freedom of press baby!!
biggrin.gif

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is
gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar
build its own airplane. Does any other country in the
world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet,
the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why
don't they fly them? Why do all the International
lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Other countries fly American planes for the same reason as why
the US uses Dutch radar systems for their navy, Japanese radio's etc.
I don't think the fact that an US company has the biggest marketshare makes the US itself a better country and is certainly no reason not to criticize its foreign policies.
Ridiculous!

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting
a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese
technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German
technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -
not once, but several times - and safely home again.

The only reason the US put a man on the moon in the first place
was because the Russians won the first-man-in-space-trophey.
It was all about status. After that they took the momentum to actually do some research on the moon. Not to long after that, there wasn't much left to research so America stopped sending people to the moon. In this day and age, sending people to the moon isn't worth the effort and the money. Unless you care for status ofcourse...

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs
right in the store window for everybody to look at.
Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.
They are here on our streets, and most of them,
unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting
American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

So?

When the railways of France, Germany and India were
breaking down through age, it was the Americans who
rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the
New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old
caboose. Both are still broke.

The US haven't got enough money to rebuild two railroads?

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to
the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me
even one time when someone else raced to the Americans
in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even
during the San Francisco earthquake.

Can you name 5000 times when the US raced to the help of other
people without getting some profit (sorry, I can't think of a better word right now
smile.gif
) I can remember a lot of countries sent or offered to send help after the terrorist attacks.

Does this Gordon Sinclair guy still have a job? Because this os one of the
worst articles I have ever read.
eek.gif

of course your patriotism sickens me to the core, but worse in your lack of intellect and rancid attitude.... GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

Americans are too patriotic for their own good, to a point where anagnariasis is never realised, only the bitter howls of a mob that has not seen the truth in life.

Yes, Gcat, it is a wise observation that there are many Americans who are over-patriotic about all this (I have the deattachment of knowing that it doesn't directly concern me, I am British), however, not ALL Americans are that way, in fact, MOST aren't. And even if they were all moronically patriotic, people are still forgetting the issue (inclusive those who are patriotic) at hand; it is not a question of America's patriotism, I don't think, but a question of eliminating cruelty in the overthrowing of a corrupt 'government'.

There are clearly too many issues at hand, that is not the point. The point is you have to have the courage to face upto the very core of the situation, and that is not America's patriotism. Personally, I'm the kind of person who felt like vomiting in the opening and closing sequences of 'Saving Private Ryan', when the film opened with a never-ending shot of the American flag. In fact, truth to tell I felt the film was everything that makes a good war movie a bad one; biase and patriotism. However, I digress; my point is, no matter how much American patriotism may irritate you, it should not cloud your judgement here, in the present, with the real enemies on the battlefield.

Ant.

I have alot of respect for the British, and you are no exception Anthony, I loved saving private ryan, it remains one of my favorite war movies, but now that you point out the utter over-patriotism its image is slightly tainted. I belive if Americans lost the mentality that they are supperior to the rest of humankind, they would be able to get past many of their social problems. The first step in doing so would be to admit that a problem exist.

SO I challenge you Americans, admit to me, and the rest on this board that you are over patriotic and I will lose my bias, I belive that none of you will, or at least very few will

And I am not block nor am I Holy John

I thank you for your 'respect' for the British, but I do think that it is somewhat misguided. If you respect the British, you shouldn't really condemn America. After all, if what you are against is Patriotism and NAtionalism, then I must inform you that Great Britain practically invented it!

Again, I don't think Patriotism features much in this discussion, anyway. And you're right, you wont get many Americans 'confessing' to being over-patriotic, because, as I said earlier, most of them aren't. Most of them do live in the real world, Gcat, they aren't the ones I'm worried about. The ones I'm worried about are the ones spreading Anthrax everywhere. I'm sure that if Canada (which, I must add, IS part of the coalition, as you know) suffered the same attacks as the USA did, then your attitude would be somewhat altered. I know mine wouldn't be so 'objective'.

However, I am intrigued, please do tell me your views on alternative methods of peace. How is peace achieved in such a time of heated sentiments?

Ant.

of course your patriotism sickens me to the core, but worse in your lack of intellect and rancid attitude.... GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

Troll, troll, troll your boat...

if that is the way you would like to label me then go on...

Such is the American way, mock or destroy all that stand in your path.

WHy you dont you and Lemonite go back to the trailer and frolic with Uncle Bob, and ya'll can have a hootenannie, a hoe-down if you will

Dont you have some roadkill to go feast on, I hear the possum is succulent down there

hey obama bin laden
take it easy

I have nothign against Americans per se, its their morals and ideals I cannot justify

I hope you dont ban me
but if you fell it is imperative that my presence not be felt then go and do so.
It will only strengthen my belive or lack thereof in American ideals

PEACE

[This message has been edited by Gcat (edited 10-24-2001).]

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

It seems everytime someone ruffles your feathers your ready to kick them off the forum! Well I have one last thing to say before my upcoming banishment. This is an INTERNET FORUM, free speach! I realize that we want to stay civil but Gcat said nothing too far out of line and I don't sincerly believe that you acually care what Gcat or myself has to say. We being Canadians livin' in those iglues. What do you think about that eh?

Why don't you hitch a ride back to your trailer park, watch for the road kill you don't want to ruin dinner! Go back to your brother 'Uncle dad', and have a thrilling game of shoot the rat. See y'all when I get there, unless you see me first. (I'm the one that's not a redneck)

Thank you and Goodnight!

PEACE

P.S. I'm not trying to tell everyone off again, I'm simply stating what I think to be an acuarte portral of the 'American Dream' since none of you could tell me what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom