Sinead O'Conner - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2002, 12:13 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Compare and contrast, if you well, Bono's methods of communicating the importance Third World debt relief and remedying the African AIDS crisis to The Pope. Personally, I think Bono has been more effective in the shortest amount of time (a couple of years). The Church is now facing more clerical-sexual abuse cases/allegations than ever before, while we are now truly gettin somewhere with Third World debt relief and addressing the African AIDS crisis. But that is just my ignorant opinion. Don't mean to bug ya.

~U2Alabama
Now if Bono had been an abused child would he be able to trust the Pope as he did. Bono didnt hate the Pope or the Catholic Relgion because they werent helping in third world debt he only wanted their support. Sinnaed hated the Pope, not personally, but for who he stood for. She was trying to get the message across. I think she did that i just think people over reacted. I love her voice and we need people in this world with the balls enough to do things like she does.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:47 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Re: Sinead O'Conner

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
I can now understand why she didn't want to have the US anthem played before her show.
She thought that any song that said "bombs bursting in air" is an anti-christian song.
She probably misread it, but you have to understand where she comes from. Abusive mom, violent country at times. to say bombs bursting is nothing to be taken lightly. But even old blue eyes threatened to "kick her ass" after that ordeal.
I was at this show. Oddly, no one at the venue realized that this was (Or wasn't) going on. It wasn't until the next day when the media jumped on it did we even know.

I wish her career lasted - she has an amazing voice - and her songs are highly emotional.

Old 06-18-2002, 06:35 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Sinead's carrer hasn't ended. She has just said her children are her priority for the next few years and she won't tour until they are older.
One of the most simple beautiful film clips I have seen(only saw it once) was Sinead's "To Mother you" oh I LOVE that song.
"...sweet bird although you did not see me....I saw you.."

and her duet with Christy Moore........."nobody came.." incredibly sad, but incredibly beautiful
oh and her verison of "Scarlet Ribbons" and 'Success Has Made Ae of My Home." so many..........