Since It's The 11th Today-A 'Reality Check'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My God...

Bodies of 6 N.Y. Officers Found in Trade Center Pit

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The bodies of six Port Authority police officers were found early on Saturday in the World Trade Center ruins near the remains of a woman they apparently were trying to rescue, the Port Authority said on Monday.

The bodies of the officers were found in what had been the lobby of 1 World Trade Center, the second tower to collapse, suggesting they probably already had been ordered to evacuate. Next to the officers, recovery crews found a woman still strapped into a rescue chair.

The six officers were Capt. Kathy Mazza of South Farmingdale, New York; Lt. Robert Cirri of Nutley, New Jersey; Chief James Romito of Westwood, New Jersey; and officers James Parham of Jackson Heights, Queens, Stephen Huczko of Hampton, New Jersey, and Paul Laszczynski of Paramus, New Jersey.

Five of the officers were uncovered shortly after 4 a.m. on Saturday, after an earth-moving machine exposed part of one of their blue uniforms. Laszczynski was found a couple hours later, a Port Authority spokesman said.

The woman in the chair has not yet been identified.

I'm afraid the 'reality check' is far worse; no one learned anything significant from the September 11th at all.

Ant.

That's Right Ant , and a lot of people on both sides of the conflict are going into " dangerous - stupid - hysteria " . WE LEARN 0 - N-O-T-H-I-N-G .

wow. walked through that exact lobby on Sept. 10. still amazing that its gone and that the lobby, which was ground level, was buried that deep in the rubble.

as for the reality check, I think alot of NYers have learned from this compared to most people in the U.S. Not to sound like a martyr but alot of us were affected and are still affected by it on a daily basis alot more than the rest of the country.

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
That's Right Ant , and a lot of people on both sides of the conflict are going into " dangerous - stupid - hysteria " . WE LEARN 0 - N-O-T-H-I-N-G .

I don't understand you. What do you mean?

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
I'm afraid the 'reality check' is far worse; no one learned anything significant from the September 11th at all.

Ant.

No, what does this comment mean? Just because people haven't learned what you want them to, does not mean they haven't learned anything.

foray

Originally posted by foray:
No, what does this comment mean? Just because people haven't learned what you want them to, does not mean they haven't learned anything.

foray

[/QUOT

thank you foray
smile.gif

Hold on.. Just in case, let it be known that my comment was stated independent of that other thread close by. I wasn't choosing sides, in other words. Ok, move on
smile.gif

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

Ok foray;

Let me put it another way; what have our leaders fundamentally learned since September the 11th? And I mean that as an honest question, I don't think any of the world leaders have learned anything, that is what I meant from my comment.

Ant.

Ant does have a point. I remember how just after the attacks, everyone said that the world would change and the US would no longer be an island, but I haven't seen any real change in attitude.

Back
Top Bottom