Silly Mrs. Clinton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Clinton IS "the left"?

Wow, we could go on and on about politicians (on both sides) and their flip flops, but it wouldn't represent the left or right.

Waste of a thread.:|

MrsSpringsteen said:
Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you always refer to her as Mrs. Clinton?

Well, she seems to be running with a "I'm my own woman" demeanor. Why do you think all her bumper stickers say "Hillary" while everyone else's say the last name? I think she is trying to, to a degree, distance herself from Bill, or at least his presidency of the 90s. So I call her Mrs. Clinton just to acknowledge her Clinton-ness.

Rush does the same :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Waste of a thread.:|

How is it? Why so angry just because I point out a hypocritical statement? You didnt need to respond to it. I've seen some threads of yours that I've regarded as wastes...

And yes, Clinton is the left. Dont be one of the fools that thinks she's a moderate.

2861U2 said:

And yes, Clinton is the left. Dont be one of the fools that thinks she's a moderate.

Dear God.

The entire Democratic party (save maybe a couple) would be considered centrist even in Canada, much less the rest of the world.

And even in the US, only a FOOL would consider Hillary on the left given how she has "adjusted" (to put it politely) her stances over the last several years.

Among Presidential hopefuls Dennis Kucinich is the left, Hillary is not.

Funny how she just can't win with some people...by printing Hillary, rather than Clinton, stickers she's distancing herself from Bill's presidency and needs to be criticized...so if she made up a bunch of Clinton '08 stickers and ran as CLINTON, well of course she'd be trying to capitalize on Bill's popularity and ride his coattails to the White House. Those Clintons, such opportunists.

One of the networks (not FOX of course) needs to set up a "Rush cam" for election night, because I want live footage of him if Hillary does win...I think his head might actually explode.

2861U2 said:

This is why it's a waste. Generalizations are a waste. Clinton is a moderate, and even if she wasn't she doesn't represent the "left" as a whole, therefore she is not THE LEFT, as you keep saying.

But please continue with your silly generalizations.:|

CTU2fan said:
One of the networks (not FOX of course) needs to set up a "Rush cam" for election night, because I want live footage of him if Hillary does win...I think his head might actually explode.

If she wins, he'll have something to complain about for years. Hillary riles up the right; it's good business for him.

Plus, do you think he actually enjoys having to defend Bush? <wink>

2861U2 said:

Well, she seems to be running with a "I'm my own woman" demeanor. Why do you think all her bumper stickers say "Hillary" while everyone else's say the last name? I think she is trying to, to a degree, distance herself from Bill, or at least his presidency of the 90s. So I call her Mrs. Clinton just to acknowledge her Clinton-ness.

I think they say Hillary partly for the women's vote and partly to distinguish herself from Clinton - see, I called him Clinton, because that's how everyone thinks of him. So she went with Hillary. And that's distinguish, not distance...she's better off closer, I think more than 50% of Americans preferred the 8 Clinton years to the 8 Bush years.

My bad...I meant to say, Hillary clearly goes with "Hillary" on her bumper stickers to capitalize on the fame of Hillary Duff. :huh:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Clinton is a moderate, and even if she wasn't she doesn't represent the "left" as a whole, therefore she is not THE LEFT, as you keep saying.

:rolleyes: Nice try. She is no moderate. She is on the left of the political spectrum. Why is that hard?

2861U2 said:

:rolleyes: Nice try. She is no moderate. She is on the left of the political spectrum. Why is that hard?

That's laughable. Clinton has compromised a lot to reach the moderate status.

Have you listened to what anyone has said in here? Have you looked at her stances?

She's as moderate as they come, learn some politics.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Have you looked at her stances?

I suggest you do. This "she's a moderate" is an act. You guys cant see that? It's a facade used to try to appear more centrist and draw in the independents. You guys cant honestly believe she's a moderate. I pray you dont.

Here you go: http://www.issues2000.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm

And why are we talking about the rest of the world? They dont pick the president.

You know what, you're probably right. In your world where dragons really existed, we have sattelite footage of WMDs, higher education = liberal, and Bibles will be replaced with copies of Inconvienent Truth in hotels she probably is left. But the rest of the world, we recognise she's a moderate.

Apparently we are going to need to figure out how to address her when she becomes President in about 16 months.

2861U2 said:

I suggest you do. This "she's a moderate" is an act. You guys cant see that? It's a facade used to try to appear more centrist and draw in the independents. You guys cant honestly believe she's a moderate. I pray you dont.

Here you go: http://www.issues2000.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm

And why are we talking about the rest of the world? They dont pick the president.

Everyone does it - look at Mitt Romney, trying to pretend he's a conservative and not on the liberal side of moderate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKGhe_BGV4

On a semi-related note, today I went from an undecided voter who felt slightly negative to ambivalent about the candidates to a slight Hillary supporter. I wish I could make you weep by saying it's thanks to you, but it's actually thanks to my boss at the NYC non profit where today is my last day, who told me over lunch about several events she attended at Hillary's office because Hillary wanted to honestly solicit input from field experts, and how smart and interested and committed Hillary was. That would mean nothing if I heard it from some online poster, but I trust my boss's assessment, so thats where I very, very tentatively stand as of 2 hours ago.

Back
Top Bottom