Sign says 'no' to Murdoch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.

ATLANTA - Fox News Channel is threatening to take a sign company to court if it does not post a cheeky billboard tweaking archrival CNN.

Fox claims the owners of the billboard, across the street from CNN's Atlanta offices, refuse to post a message trumpeting Fox's successes in the ratings war between the cable networks.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040507/ap_en_tv/fox_cnn_billboard_5

i am outraged by this censoring. shame on you, billboard company! shame on you!

:lol:

But regardless of the issue, am I the only one who thinks this is a really childish way to advertise?

Perhaps Fox should remember the outcome of it's suit over the phrase 'fair and balanced'. The owner of the billboard has the say over what is on it, not Fox.

you mean just like disney has the right over what movies they release, not michael moore?

Awwww, headache, I liked the thread more when the reference was subtle. Oh well, I guess some people needed the connection to be made obvious. :wink:

Rather, I'm amused at the double standards. I'm sure that FNC was on Disney's side on F911.

Melon

"News" stations......it's all about entertaiment. And who gets the scoop on sensational film clips. FoX News.....now that's a laugh.
It should be called "The RNC presents fair and balanced Fox News."
But what the hey....all the other "news" stations are run by those commie liberals. Let the Republicans have their Fox News.
:)

Back
Top Bottom