"...Shouldn't Talk About The Weather": Global Warming, Redux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
Haven't been on here in a while, but just got a laptop (FINALLY) so I can be part of this place again.

With all the WACKY weather stories the past week, maybe we should start keeping tabs.

--Frozen CA
--Flowers blooming in Washington DC and NYC
--lack of snow some places, WAY TOO MUCH in others
--hurricane force winds (up to 135 MPH!) in Europe
--Bush finally notices polar bears still exist

Even the Denier In Chief is finally waking up. And Nancy Pelosi has announced a global warming panel. Any chace ANYTHING will be passed? 4 or 5 diff. engry proposals floating around this week. At least they're NOTICING.

Everybody, it seems few of us are spared! Share your wacky weather stories! And this doesn't have to be depressing--you can be funny too.

Myself, in ALbany, NY: (21/2 hrs north of NYC):
We finally got the typical glacial cold of winter this week, and FINALLY, 3 or 4 inches of snow after a snowless, 60-degree winter. We were like DC until this week. I was starting to get scared--we are used to a lot up here, but summer in winter is unheard of. Blizzards in early October, yes--but not this.The ski people are happy, but n the minus side, our local apple crop is kaput.

Fire away--and sorry about the REM quote:wink:

Last edited:
Teta040 said:

--hurricane force winds (up to 135 MPH!) in Europe

I flew through winds of around this speed in March. Never. Again. :crack:

Here we've been having gale force winds and constant rain.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for Northern Ireland, with gusts of up to 80mph predicted.

:down:

27" of snow here in the desert a few weeks ago. This isn't right. It's scary.

:(

Back
Top Bottom