Should the U.S. Re-Colonize Under The British Empire, or Commonwealth, or whatever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes Bama, if we only followed the example of our European friends we would learn how to live in peace and harmony!

Bama, you must have been thrilled to see Spurrier and his boys get treated like UN weapons inspectors tonight!

The Wanderer said:
Bama, you must have been thrilled to see Spurrier and his boys get treated like UN weapons inspectors tonight!

The_Wanderer:

Isn't it a U.N. Weapons violation for the D.C. police to go spray Philadelphia's bench with pepperspray, just because the Eagles are beating the Redskins 37-7???

Best Madden observation of tonight's game: "Here's the kind of guy, when both of is feet are off the ground, there's no traction!"

~U2Alabama

Re: Should the U.S. Re-Colonize Under The British Empire, or Commonwealth, or whatever...

U2Bama said:
...it's called now? Or maybe under the European Union?

Maybe then we will quit misbehavin'.

Take into account that the policies of the European Union and of some of its member states are - nearly, but practically really - as bad as the U.S. (its just that everything?s a little bigger where you are living).

Take into account that we were already fighting over an acre of land when the U.S. didn?t exist.

I know that you meant it more like a joke, but I wanted to answer you seriously.

Wonderful. Then I could pay the domestic fees for grad school. :up:

This is what makes me laugh. The US spent so many years trying to separate from the commomwealth but like half the tv shows in the states were originally in europe. Like American Idol (Pop Idol), Survivour (Expidition Robinson or something), Weakest Link and stuff.

Maybe not half the shows. But a few major ones. It just seems the US has tried so hard to separate themselves from europe and then they go copy their lousy tv shows! I think there are more shows and stuff I just cant remember them.

there are a couple of shows out of hundreds, they seem to be quite the novelty, that's true, many have slipped in the ratings, however

and of course, no US shows have been copied by the rest of the world...

and it's not about trying to copy and be just like the Europeans, producers notice what works and if the formula works there, they figure they'll give it a try here

I am no expert on the import/export ratio of American movies and television shows, but I would guess that we export a lot more than we "copy," Ravenstar; but if you want to believe that half or most or all of our shows are done so that we can be more like Europeans, then go on thinking that.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
Maybe then we will quit misbehavin'.
neh,
example: if the US had been part of the European Union Bill Clinton would still have been a perv (with less publicity, but still a perv)

Oz, I think you may have misread some of the comments people posted in response. The folks who have posted in this thread are not among those I would call "arrogant Americans," and I believe U2Bama when he says his intent was not to express arrogance.

I can understand how you might get that feeling from reading these posts, but I think mostly people are having fun with this thread. I mean, wow, Bama actually made a joke! ;)

The Wanderer said:
actually Bama is the Terry Bowden of interfence

I finf that statement to be offensive.

babu1.gif

Can you find Terry Bowden in the photo below?

3355632%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3A7%3D463%3Dxroqdf%3E2323339599454ot1lsi

Last edited:
Yes, he is the excitable boy next to the pig.

The one that looks like Naddler is a famous Auburn Trustee, best known as The Man In Yellow for his regional TV commercials for his wood products. Las football season, he was seen on the sideline, dressed in his trademark yellow, chewing out football coach Tommy Tuuberville because the team was losing. He recently complained publicly (to the media) that Auburn's athletic department is "mediocre," which is interesting since he and another Trustee (the guy in the admiral's hat in my photo above) micro-manage the department.

main_bkg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom