should it stop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok.. im just so tired of this ongoing bombing and counter attacking on afghanistan

ok its been almost 2 months since the terrorist attack

are we still mad?

i mean the taliban still hasnt owned up. ok they ignored the demands. they probably did it, and they are a group of riling assholes

but how on earth are we so sure they did it? because the americans say so? the intelligence? god, have they already found out who hijacked the planes and crashed it into the trade centre?

the only punishment has already been handed out. in the form of those idiots who foolishly hijacked the planes and crashed into the trade centre have sold their lives for nothing, and probably be in hell at the moment

its just going to get worst when you just accuse and exchange heated words between each other. what with the americans just recently hitting a first aid bay in afghanistan and then the terrorists threatening with biochemicals.

and in the end. more life will be lost
frown.gif
more than warranted

this is what bin laden wanted, and i cannot believe that the americans and the british and to a lesser extent, the australians have thought that more violence begets more violence. i cannot believe that in australia that our prime minister has belittled our country to just follow what the americans and british are doing. i mean we have just become pawns and a group of obsequious losers with no face of our own. and no stance of our own thinking that war is WRONG!

but at the end of the evening ill just turn on the news in the evening and see this continue, and what for, because we think "we are right"?? the first three letters of those three words spell "WAR". anyway im feeling all alone in this
frown.gif

Then what should we do? Sit on our asses and forgive them?

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
I've said it a dozen times and still I'm not done:

ALTERNATIVES PLEASE.

MAP

Any suggestions?

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

How would you guys feel about a skills competition for the "rights" to Bin Laden, et al.

Driving competition through the land mines of Afghanistan. The team that sets off the least amount in an hour (while maintaining a speed of 30mph) wins. They know the terrain, but we have more experience driving; push.

Follow that up with a rousing game of rock-paper-scissors. The allied forces have an inherent advantage here...you've got to anticipate the Taliban will throw down "rock" almost every time. Stick with "paper" and the allies take the win.

Then we'll have a four-on-four Team Deathmatch. First team to ten frags wins. Obviously the Taliban won't be as experienced with computers, so to try and even things up we'll play it on DOOM rather than Quake or Unreal Tournament...DOOM is fairly stoneage.

Precision bombing would be the next competition. The Taliban probably forfeit this one do to a lack of working aircraft.

The tide starts to turn when we play "Oppress that Woman!" The best the Americans can do is cut her pay and tell her to "go get me a sandwich and beer." The Taliban are sure to win with their superior woman oppressing skills.

I suspect there to be no change during the "Who's more tolerant" debate between Jessee Helms and Muhammed Abdullah...the Senator will really have to work to show the moderator he's more tolerant than the Taliban spokesperson.

The schedule then brings us to a kickball game which I'm sure the Americans win handily...the participating Taliban team is then arrested by their leaders for, well, kicking a bouncing ball. How dare they!

I saw someone earlier suggest a ping pong match, so of course we incorporate that here. This is where China plays its part in our coalition. The Taliban may put up a valiant effort, but their beards will get in the way. Easy win for the allies.

We'll have a two-on-two Quiz Bowl after that. The Taliban bring out their two best and brightest. The allies offer Stephen Hawking and Cliff Clavin as their team. Poor, poor Taliban.

Three-on-one basketball is next...I like Shaq's chances against whatever three the Taliban offer.

The final round--worth double the points--involves a scavenger hunt. Two hours to find as many items on the list as possible. Items include: rocks, camels, shrubs, mines, shell casings, rubble, dud missiles, live missiles, and Bin Laden...maybe we can trick them into bringing him right out.

If there is a tie, we'll break it using a tie. First team to correctly make a windsor knot wins.

That's my peaceful resolution to the situation.

Alternatives aside, who agrees with Crashed Car Driver?

Ive stated my thoughts on war for the last time at the end of Holy John's war approvers dont look here thread.

Are you all justifying the war because no one can think of a better alternative? Folks say no more war, and the common reply is what are the alternatives? If we had the answers we would be in parliament, not at this U2 forum pondering these questions.

And CCD, our PM is a mule. I will be keeping this in mind when November rolls round.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Are you all justifying the war because no one can think of a better alternative? Folks say no more war, and the common reply is what are the alternatives?

Yes, that's the reason. Something has to be done, either war or an alternative. There are no alternatives, so war must be waged. World War 2 was the same. War or an alternative. There was no alternative, so we had to wage war.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Yes, that's the reason. Something has to be done, either war or an alternative. There are no alternatives, so war must be waged.
wow, if only everything was so simple

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 10-23-2001).]

Originally posted by MSU2mike:

We'll have a two-on-two Quiz Bowl after that. The Taliban bring out their two best and brightest. The allies offer Stephen Hawking and Cliff Clavin as their team. Poor, poor Taliban.

LOL

Only one change- Have Ben Stein pinch hit for Clavin in the final round. History tells us that "Cliffy" would blow it for us at the end.

Matthew_Page2000, I have posted a topic wich is "Ya Basta! - War /United Nations and further explanations" wich is my alternative to this war. I don't know if you read it, but I tell you again : THIS IS AN ALTERNATIVE. You seem to say "Give me no other alternatives than war". Do you want alternatives at the large sense of it or do you want war strategies other than the ones being used now ?

Go see my topic "Ya Basta! - War / The United Nations and further explanations". This is my alternative for the moment. I didn't build up an entire new constitution or whatever... maybe I should rewrite the complete UN constitution to make it viable ???????

cheers

------------------
And we all shine on, like the sun, the moon and the stars.
- John Lennon

It is so stupid to condemn the attacks without suggesting a viable alternative. Since there really is no alternative at this point, it is stupid to condemn the attacks. You can not let terrorists roam free. It is unfortunate, but the bombings are a neccesity. In fact, overthrowing the Taliban government is a neccessity, because the law that the taliban throws at its own people are far worse than any bombs.

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Back
Top Bottom