Sherry D's Good Citizenship Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
I hereby present Good Citzenship Awards to the following for discussing the US election with class and respect despite serious and honest differences of opinion.

NBC :)
U2Democrat (Edwards 2008 Campaign Manager ;))
Pax (who did some damn fine moderatin' too)
Mrs. Springsteen (No retreat, baby, no surrender!)
Jamilia
Starsgoblue
Diamond
and the classy, respectful folk that I forgot due to too much caffine

:wave:

SD

I guess it is hard to give yourself an award, so on behalf of FYM - add Sherry Darling to the list!

What I really enjoy about FYM is that we periodically stop and realize that we really are all ONE!

Peace to my friends :up:

nbcrusader said:
I guess it is hard to give yourself an award, so on behalf of FYM - add Sherry Darling to the list!

What I really enjoy about FYM is that we periodically stop and realize that we really are all ONE!

Peace to my friends :up:

I don't see how there can be allthat much peace when MORE people who are poor, ill, eldery, disabled, jobless, or working at hazrdous jobs in manufacturing, poultry and other factories were animals are killed and prepared for market {I eat way less than the average american's meat-any meat diet} will more likely than not suffer more, poverty illness, injury, or worse unless they have a good support system, And even what we still have as a safety net the neo-cons want to rip to shreda.
Not to mention all the soldiers and innocent Iraquios who niow will be maimed for life or dead tdue to a fi\even most likely further protraction of the war.

dazzledbylight sees things correctly. :yes:

At least she is not blinded by the light.

What is it that Bono said?

To be ONE is great, but to respect differences is greater. :hug:

Time to practice that one in FYM.

:hug:s to Sherry Darling, the people she named, and all the good people here, even the ones I disagree with

Be good for bonosloveslave and the other mods while I sip some virtual post-election daiquiris for a week or so, okay? ;)

And if I don't come back, well, you'll know that whole www.MarryanAmerican.ca thing worked out for me.

(Just kidding!)

speedracer said:
Please do not feed the trolls.

He he. There is one woman on the 'good citizenship' list who is the master of the sugar coated, sarcastic insult, so often disguised by excessive smilies some don't notice. But believe me, a LOT of people have noticed and see through it all. Ah, but it was just like in school, the mean kid who always kicked me and called me rude names got the 'good citizenship' awards over me and my friends because they were shifty and sneaky and knew how to kiss butt in front of teacher and hide and disguise their attacks. Maybe they all grew up to be politicians;)

It's been heated and will get heated again, but cheers to all that make this place worth checking in, show me a different point of view, who can debate without ridicule, who educate and to those that make me laugh.

Cheers!

Sherry Darling said:
Would a mod please close this thread, as it is now, at best, ironic?

I tried ya'll.

Cheryl, disappointed

Just because of one person's post? I thought this was a good thread.

Well thanks for trying SD.

Sherry Darling said:
I hereby present Good Citzenship Awards to the following for discussing the US election with class and respect despite serious and honest differences of opinion.

U2Democrat (Edwards 2008 Campaign Manager ;))

:wave:

SD

:yes: he's going to run whether he wants to or not! and this time i can actually vote! (hooray for turning 18 tomorrow!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom