Sex Without Restrictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes. people who practice responsible birth control, are pretty much 99% of the time not going to have children as a result of having sex. and of that 1% who do, a small fraction of those might end up as abortions. abortions have less to do with an unexpected pregnancy and more to do with whether or not a woman feels as if she can have a child at that point. heck, my little sister was unexpected, but welcomed.

and let me remind all the anti-choice/pro-life people out there: no abortion has ever resulted from gay sex.

;)

"and let me remind all the anti-choice/pro-life people out there: no abortion has ever resulted from gay sex."

What does result? Lust fulfilled?

And allow me a reminder: no new life is created or a family formed.

Anything goes
Yes

Anytime
All the time, but not just fucking anytime

With anyone
No way!

the iron horse said:
"and let me remind all the anti-choice/pro-life people out there: no abortion has ever resulted from gay sex."

What does result? Lust fulfilled?

And allow me a reminder: no new life is created or a family formed.

results: sometimes lust fufilled, sometimes relationships strengthened through the physical expression of love. when the bonds between two people are strengthened because of the physical expression of love, their union and thus their families are strengthened, whether gay or straight.

as for your reminder: yes, helping us all achieve our goal of every child a wanted child, and two people who are that much more willing to adopt unwanted children because they are unable to have them on their own.

what's a pro-life/anti-choice person not to love about gay sex?

"results: sometimes lust fufilled, sometimes relationships strengthened through the physical expression of love. when the bonds between two people are strengthened because of the physical expression of love, their union and thus their families are strengthened, whether gay or straight."

I disgree.

A family is a wife and husband and children.

You can believe whatever you wish, but to me, old school
is the best school.

the iron horse said:
"results: sometimes lust fufilled, sometimes relationships strengthened through the physical expression of love. when the bonds between two people are strengthened because of the physical expression of love, their union and thus their families are strengthened, whether gay or straight."

I disgree.

A family is a wife and husband and children.

You can believe whatever you wish, but to me, old school
is the best school.

a husband and wife without children does not a family make?

two lesbians who have been togther 15 years and have two children are not a family? what are they?

what about grandparents? what if they live with the wife and husband? how about an aunt who moves in? re-marriage?

the old school never was. it's a re-imagined past trumped up by Republicans to win elections.

"the old school never was. it's a re-imagined past trumped up by Republicans to win elections."

Oh man Irvine511, have the Thought Police captured your head already?

Why the politics?

"Well they've obviously sucked you in. You have the narrowest definition of family. I know plenty of families that aren't husband, wife, and children."

You are free to think what you think,

but I will alway believe a family is a wife, husband, and children.

I'm not the one captured by the Thought Police.

the iron horse said:
"What children?"

The children we have casted aside.

*a few million we have mudered*

Children can't get in the way of our pleasure.

Can they?

Sounds like someone's never heard about birth control.

the iron horse said:
"Well they've obviously sucked you in. You have the narrowest definition of family. I know plenty of families that aren't husband, wife, and children."

So if a father is killed before the child is born then they don't have a family? Those that are married and don't have kids aren't a family?

I'm surrounded by some of the most amazing "non families" and wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh and by the way reading some of your post, yes you are the one captured by the thought police. Hate to be the one to tell you.

Do Miss America said:

Well they've obviously sucked you in. You have the narrowest definition of family. I know plenty of families that aren't husband, wife, and children.

took the words right out of my mouth.

families are willed into existence.

and, yes, the Republicans have always, always played upon the idea of a reimagined past, the idea that the 1950s was somehow a better time in America, and we should return to that.

"and, yes, the Republicans have always, always played upon the idea of a reimagined past, the idea that the 1950s was somehow a better time in America, and we should return to that."

What do you mean by that?

What was wrong with the family?

the iron horse said:
"and, yes, the Republicans have always, always played upon the idea of a reimagined past, the idea that the 1950s was somehow a better time in America, and we should return to that."

What do you mean by that?

What was wrong with the family?

nothing is wrong with the family, but is wrong is telling people that there is only one acceptible form for a family to take.

you need to look no further than the early 1990s idea of "family values" and all that murphy brown stuff, and look especially to Pat Buchanan's speech at the 1992 Convention to know what i'm talking about. the idea is that things were simpler then, men were men, women were at home, gays were in the closet, and black people knew their place.

Irvine511 said:

the idea is that things were simpler then, men were men, women were at home, gays were in the closet, and black people knew their place.

Oh Irvine you're just talking nonsence, the thought police must have got ahold of you.

Pat Buchanan's speech at the 1992 Convention to know what i'm talking about. ]

Pat Buchanan ain't so bad. The anti-gay thing is a bit harsh I admit, but I wouldn't entirely reject his opinions.

the iron horse said:

Okay. I've been reading this thread with some interest for a while now, and I feet I have to stick my tuppenceworth in.

Ironhorse - yes, that's your opinion, and we are obviously all free to express our own point of view. The problem, for me, occurs when someone's opinion, however prejudiced, is used to create rules for how other people ought to live their lives.

financeguy said:
Pat Buchanan's speech at the 1992 Convention to know what i'm talking about. ]

Pat Buchanan ain't so bad. The anti-gay thing is a bit harsh I admit, but I wouldn't entirely reject his opinions.

these days, you're right; but go back and read that 1992 speech -- it's extremely conservative, talk about how "this is still God's Country."

so about the original question......

I'm a 23 yr old guy. i have had sex with a someone that i have been in love with, as well as the other side of the coin - a total stranger in a one-night stand bar hook-up.

yes, there are amazing differences. i am a proponent of sex with someone you love. if i could have that kind of sex with someone right now, i would, but i can't. so in the meantime, i will settle for the other kind of sex. it is different, but not totally bad in my opinion. there is a different kind of rush i get when you lower your guard and connect with a stranger. in my experience anyways, the rush is the fact that you have an understanding - usually unspoken - based on mutual physical attraction. it does feel good- i won't lie. but it pales in conparison to sex based on love. i commend others who will wait for sex based on love. in fact, i find that attitude very attractive in a girl. i have a great deal of respect for people holding onto their virginity, or those that are waiting till marriage.

A_Wanderer said:
Yes Pat Buchanan, the racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic and isolationist paleoconservative.

Unfair. Is that what GWB taught you? Boy are you deluded.

Thats not what Bushie boy taught me, that is what I thought when I first read about that wanker and all the stupid American conservatives in the year 2000.

Hmmm....I don't think Pat Buchanan is such a bad guy. I admit he's a bit homophobic and stuff, and I repudiate homophobia, it's just....it's hard to pin down. There's a certain honesty there that I admire. There's something to admire about someone who doesn't compromise on their beliefs, you know? I mean I think if he was ever elected President he would do his best.

Back
Top Bottom