September 11, 2001: What We Saw (500yds from WTC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
September 11, 2001: What We Saw (30min video 500yds from WTC)

A video blogger has uploaded a 30-minute recording of the events at the WTC that was taped from an apartment 500 yards from the North Tower.

http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686

I don't believe it ghoulish, and I believe it's an appropriate day to see something that hasn't been edited together with patriotism, music or conspiracy theories.

Mods, I apologize for another Sept 11 thread but this is very necessary.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160,

Thanks for the link.

I don't think it's a good idea to edit historical events.

*or the right thing to do*

That seems to be happening too often today, not only with 9/11/2001, but other events in the past.

My God, the last 10 minutes. It is important that recordings like this one are preserved.

That brought back that day so vividly for me. All those people that died that day and for what? Men, Woman and children.

Re: September 11, 2001: What We Saw (30min video 500yds from WTC)

Canadiens1160 said:
I believe it's an appropriate day to see something that hasn't been edited together with patriotism, music or conspiracy theories.

I think that's a very fair point.

I just stumbled upon this myself on youtube, and have been transfixed for the last 26 minutes. I found it an incredible insight into the day, and i so appreciate that the people who filmed it felt the time was right to let the world see it.

1 question

Why did the women ask what building it was ? surely eevryone knew the building :huh:

2 question

whats with all the " all those people " " lets go to the other room crap " like its a everyday thing.

This clip smells fishy.

Every conspiracy clip i see everyone claims it to be a explosion before the plane hits or its a military plane.

she was also on the phone to the woman holding the camera. the camera holder tells her after a while that she has another call. i think we are hearing her (ask which building) through the phone.

vaz02 said:
2 question

whats with all the " all those people " " lets go to the other room crap " like its a everyday thing.

This clip smells fishy.

Every conspiracy clip i see everyone claims it to be a explosion before the plane hits or its a military plane.

Um...did you not hear her screaming and crying? Also, she said "that plane was SO HUGE!" Average people like me don't know much of anything about planes, especially ones we are not looking for (she wasn't expecting the plane, thus not looking closely at it) and can't see (the building she saw get hit was blocked in her line of vision, I'm sure you noticed it was not visible at all). If I saw a huge plane out of the corner of my eye and knew there was a terrorist attack in progress, I'd probably assume it was an enemy military plane at first too.

So, you have proof that there were explosions before the planes hit? Let's see then, if "every clip" seems to prove your theory....

vaz02 said:
1 question

Why did the women ask what building it was ? surely eevryone knew the building :huh:

Everyone knows the world trade centre now.

but before the attacks, I would only have guessed at which buildings they were. I certainly hadn't heard them called the Twin towers before.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

So, you have proof that there were explosions before the planes hit? Let's see then, if "every clip" seems to prove your theory....

im not doing your donkey work , google it yourself.

I remember downloading something like 3 years ago that had documented everything that happened that day from new York to the pentagon.

From what i can remember they said there was no plane wreckage at the pentagon or summet daft like that.

I will try to find for ya , lasts about a hour and is great if u into conspiracy theory's and all that bollocks

Ellay said:

Everyone knows the world trade centre now.

but before the attacks, I would only have guessed at which buildings they were. I certainly hadn't heard them called the Twin towers before.

I live in Sale which is outside manchester and i could walk into manchester and know all the major buildings , generally the tall ones and the coaperates banks and such.

The world trade center wasnt something you gonna miss is it. ITS THE FUCKING HUGE 2 TOWERS.

vaz02 said:

From what i can remember they said there was no plane wreckage at the pentagon or summet daft like that.

1) Google searches with random .com articles and blog entries aren't solid proof of ANY theory, IMO.

2) This video has nothing to do with the Pentagon.

3) As for no plane wreckage, yeah I'm guessing a commercial liner fully fueled basically used as a rocket doesn't leave a whole lot of "wreckage" behind, besides the giant plane-sized hole in the Pentagon. Also, uh, say what you're saying does make even the slightest bit of sense....how do you account for the missing plane and all of it's passengers?

vaz02 said:

I live in Sale which is outside manchester and i could walk into manchester and know all the major buildings , generally the tall ones and the coaperates banks and such.

The world trade center wasnt something you gonna miss is it. ITS THE FUCKING HUGE 2 TOWERS.

Well, I live in Grand Rapids, which you've probably never heard of but has a metro population larger than that of Manchester (1.1 mil), and NYC is lord knows how many times bigger, so comparing what buildings we have memorized is hardly relevant.

So, you're discrediting the entire terrorist attack because a woman speaking with an accent, not looking out the window at the time asked someone which building had been hit?

BTW, the World Trade Center was far more than just the twin towers.

Last edited:
OK vaz, I did what you said and Googled for these videos that supposedly prove explosives, not planes, are responsible for Sept. 11.

The first video showed one of the towers collapsing, and was captioned "proof that explosives brought down the building". What I saw was a building, the top third of which was already burning and sagging start to collapse, and then there was a burst of flames. So? A commercial jet plane fully fuled is going to cause a series of explosions. When the top part of a flaming building crushes into the bottom part, fire and smoke are going to get pushed out. Not to mention that the architect who designed these buildings said they would last 25 minutes under those conditions. I believe this building lasted at least two times, maybe even three times that long. If it were rigged with explosives 1) wouldn't they have been detonated at the time the plane/bomb hit? and 2) why would they give the structure of the building the benefit of the doubt?

Then I tried this mini-doc supposedly proving that a plane did not hit the Pentagon. Their proof was that a missile also leaves a large hole in a building (duh) and eye witnesses were not sure what they saw was a plane. Well 1) take any intro level crim justice course and you're taught that eye-witness accounts are probably the most unreliable, least credible form of "evidence" (I can hardly bare to call it evidence) and 2) So where's the commercial jet and all the passengers? Living it up on some tropical island getting food and supplies courtesy of the CIA?

I watched the "proof" and I'm only more convinced that the opposite is true.

So where's the commercial jet and all the passengers? Living it up on some tropical island getting food and supplies courtesy of the CIA?

Do you have the inside scoop for Lost - Season 3?

AEON said:

Do you have the inside scoop for Lost - Season 3?

I've never seen the show, but I heard something along those lines, in fact, it may be where I got the idea in my post :wink:

vaz02 said:

Ok, I'm trying to stay out of this thread just because I could say stuff for 5 hours but I have to say something..

Really don't be rude...If I didn't live in NY (which I don't) before 9/11 I wouldn't know what those 2 huge towers were called..I mean I know what they but I wouldn't of known the names...I was talking to my friends about this (coincidently before i knew this thread was even made) and they would have no clue what those 2 towers were called...

Ok, now you got me started... Im not blaming ANY ONE and I dont believe this but stuff to think about..

How could a huge Boeing airplane go into a 15x15 foot hole with no engines or wings found..The airplane couldn't of melted because there were bodies found next to the explosion..

Why did the admin of 9/11 said there were 4-5 people on those planes BUT some of the supposilly hijackers were found alive or dead in the middle east..

Yes, I also saw the videos, and yes it does prove that explosives brung down the building...Before 9/11 on 9/10 there was a weird evacuation drill..Did the military plant the explosives then?

Stuff to think...

I still can't believe that nobody is reporting on the proof that Bush bombed the levees in New Orleans so rich white people could build new luxury homes.

Wait, who was the guy who originally said that?

Plus, we all know that George Bush would never do that since hes the best pres. in the world...

tpsglick2424 said:
Ok, now you got me started... Im not blaming ANY ONE and I dont believe this but stuff to think about..

How could a huge Boeing airplane go into a 15x15 foot hole with no engines or wings found..The airplane couldn't of melted because there were bodies found next to the explosion..

A huge piece of the engine of one of the planes that hit the WTC was found blocks away. Someone was "guarding" it and telling people not to touch it incase it was needed as evidence.

I don't know anything about engines, but I'm guessing that when a plane is crashed into a building at full speed and the fuel essential turns it into a bomb, of course the engine is not going to be found intact. It was probably blown to smitherines, like millions of shards of metal and whatnot. Same with the wings. I think plane wings aren't really that strong or thick compared to other metal structures, so I would be more concerned if the wings HAD survived.

tpsglick2424 said:
Yes, I also saw the videos, and yes it does prove that explosives brung down the building...

How so? You've concluded this by watching videos? The "explosives" were jet plane fuel tanks loaded with 24,000 gallons of fuel. No pre-meditated bombing could ever compare to the "bomb" created by those planes.

I guess I don't even see the point of this conspiracy theory, even if it were true. The architect gave the buildings a survival time of 25 minutes after the plane crashes. There's no WAY they were going to survive. Planted explosives were not necessary to bring them down.

Also, the second building fell in such a way that additional explosives were not possible. The steel structure weakened, and it basically peeled downward. Explosives cause buildings to implode into themselves, not peel out like a banana.

If you really have scientific evidence of additional explosives, please answer the following questions:

1) How were they detonated?

2) How were they NOT detonated when the planes crashed and 1/3 of each building was in flames already?

3) Who detonated them?

4) Who had the authority to detonate bombs that would knowingly take the lives of hundreds of firefighters and officers?

tpsglick2424 said:

Why did the admin of 9/11 said there were 4-5 people on those planes BUT some of the supposilly hijackers were found alive or dead in the middle east..

Stuff to think...

was this ever proven, I saw it mentioned in one of the 9-11 conspiracy theory video but you'd think that if it was true the international media would make a big deal out of it not to mention democrats

tpsglick2424 said:

Yes, I also saw the videos, and yes it does prove that explosives brung down the building...Before 9/11 on 9/10 there was a weird evacuation drill..Did the military plant the explosives then?

Stuff to think...
Bravo, the wrekage in the Pentagon that does exist but for the selective photography, the presence of men named Mohammed in the Middle East and the brilliant controlled demolition of the towers - cunning of course in getting the building rigged with enough explosives without anybody noticing. It's so devious only the great truther minds could unravel it.

How so? You've concluded this by watching videos? The "explosives" were jet plane fuel tanks loaded with 24,000 gallons of fuel. No pre-meditated bombing could ever compare to the "bomb" created by those planes.

I guess I don't even see the point of this conspiracy theory, even if it were true. The architect gave the buildings a survival time of 25 minutes after the plane crashes. There's no WAY they were going to survive. Planted explosives were not necessary to bring them down.

Also, the second building fell in such a way that additional explosives were not possible. The steel structure weakened, and it basically peeled downward. Explosives cause buildings to implode into themselves, not peel out like a banana.

If you really have scientific evidence of additional explosives, please answer the following questions:

1) How were they detonated?

2) How were they NOT detonated when the planes crashed and 1/3 of each building was in flames already?

3) Who detonated them?

4) Who had the authority to detonate bombs that would knowingly take the lives of hundreds of firefighters and officers?

Have you heard about the building in Madrid, Spain? It burned for a good 12-15 hours and caught on to 23 floors BUT the building never collasped..As you see in the video you DO see popping out of the windows before the rest of the building collapses on it..Scientists dropped a bowling ball from a 92 story building and it drop for 8 seconds, when the whole Twin Towers fell, the both fell at 8 seconds...There is no doubt in my mind that there wasnt planted explosives because a building can't fall that fast unless planted explosives in the building...

The (4) question you gave me, was also what I was thinking..The whole thing with me and 9/11 is that I don't know and I'm just trying to find clues...Do I think George Bush did it? Maybe, maybe not? Why would he do it, I really don't know..

Number (3) My guessing is the military if George Bush did have something to do with it....But I don't know and not assumpting things, because I have no education than the guy a few miles aways from me, I just try to find clues, to what maybe the answer is..

(2) Maybe there was an actual bomb on that plane?

(1) I explained this by, if the military did this...There was an unusual evacuation drill on 9/10..

And I finish this by saying that when the Twin Towers were built, they were built to sustain a Boeing 727...

Mofo said:

was this ever proven, I saw it mentioned in one of the 9-11 conspiracy theory video but you'd think that if it was true the international media would make a big deal out of it not to mention democrats

Yes, some of the people they thought were on the planes, they found dead in the middle of the middle east, and some were found alive..

Back
Top Bottom