Sen. Rick "man on dog" Santorum 14 pts. behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
Casey widens lead over Santorum
Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Democrat Robert P. Casey Jr. holds a 14-percentage-point lead over Republican Sen. Rick Santorum in the 2006 campaign for Santorum's seat, according to an independent poll released today.

Casey, Pennsylvania's state treasurer, was favored by 49 percent of the respondents in the Quinnipiac University poll, compared to 35 percent for Santorum. Thirteen percent were undecided.

The widening of Casey's lead, from 46-41 percent in a Quinnipiac survey in February, comes on the heels of Santorum's high-profile advocacy of President Bush's Social Security overhaul plan.

http://postgazette.com/pg/05110/491435.stm

The name "Casey" still brings a tear to many eyes in Pennsylvania. It's the name recognition more than anything that Robert Casey himself has done, but frankly, I'd elect Paris Hilton to the Senate for Pennsylvania before I'd elect Santorum. He got in before I was old enough to vote, but you can bet that I'll be voting in that election.

Like his dad, Robert P. Casey is pro-life. The Caseys are Catholic, like most people where I live (the Caseys are from the same part of the state that I am). He'll nevertheless be a sight better for the gay community than Santorum.

Hi, Pax. From Nanticoke, where our slogan is "Hey, we're not Glen Lyon." Henna or no?

Sorry to the rest of the forum. I couldn't resist. Inside Northeastern PA joke.

Don't love Casey, but I'll vote for him in a minute. Santorum is an embarrassment. A complete whore.

tiny dancer said:
Santorum is also Catholic and pro-life, and is also against gay marriages. I look for him to run in 2008 for president, God help us all.

Edit: Whoops, nevermind.

Last edited:
Dad Casey was prolife, but he was consistent. Against the death penalty. I believe Jr. just got the most votes ever for a statewide election when he won for Treasurer. This is shaping up to be a nasty election--the Caseys are not above a little dirt and certainly neither is Santorum. But from what I hear Santorum is running a little scared. 14 pts. is heartening, but it's early yet. This would be an important race for the Republicans and I'll bet the big guns'll be in. This race may have Karl Rove written all over it.:|
Bush isn't going to want to lose his righthand puppet.

BonosSaint said:
Hi, Pax. From Nanticoke, where our slogan is "Hey, we're not Glen Lyon." Henna or no?

Sorry to the rest of the forum. I couldn't resist. Inside Northeastern PA joke.

Don't love Casey, but I'll vote for him in a minute. Santorum is an embarrassment. A complete whore.

Yes, but are you from Nanticoke proper, or are you from Honey Pot, Plymouth Township, West Nanticoke, Wanamie, or Newport Township? :wink:

:wave: to my fellow NEPAn

pax said:

Yes, but are you from Nanticoke proper, or are you from Honey Pot, Plymouth Township, West Nanticoke, Wanamie, or Newport Township? :wink:

:wave: to my fellow NEPAn
:wave:

The big town proper.:yawn:

Back
Top Bottom