Sd#275

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch #275

The growth of Democracy serves to prepare the way of the Antichrist by making popular will surpreme, both as to the choice of rulers and the nature and extent of their rule; and by giving legal expression to that will. When a people elects its legislators, the legislators will be what the majority of the voters demand.

In the past, among all Christian nations, such legislation has, in great part, been based on Christian principles, and involved the recognition of God's authority. So long as this authority, as declared by the scriptures, is recognized, the popular will is not surpreme; but according as it is denied, this surpremacy is more and more enlarged.

If then , this belief becomes general, either there is no God , the Lawgiver, or no expression of His will which is authoritative, what principle shall determine the character and limitations of legislation?

The only principle is that of the public good; whatever this demands is right.

~Christianity and Anti-Christianity by Samuel J. Andrews, 1898

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries? I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section.

~from the film Demolition Man

The Christians form among themselves secret societies that exists outside the system of laws, an obscure and mysterious community founded on revolt.

~Origen

Back
Top Bottom