Scrushy acquitted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Richard Scrushy, the ex-CEO of HealthSouth, was acquitted of all counts of fraud today. I can't help but think he's guilty, that he did something wrong and did steal from his company. The verdict is not popular in Birmingham. Oh well.

I have not followed it closely

but

a lot of CEOs and corporate crime, stealing millions from pensions, and ruining lives seem to go unpunished.

but, we can 3rd strike someone for stealing some merchandise from a store,

nbcrusader said:
If they break the law, they get punished.

I'm glad I wasn't on that jury. I'm shocked at the verdict, though, I thought they had him. Maybe it was a bunch of office politics and they were out to get him or something..........I'll have to read more about the case.

deep said:
I have not followed it closely

but

a lot of CEOs and corporate crime, stealing millions from pensions, and ruining lives seem to go unpunished.

but, we can 3rd strike someone for stealing some merchandise from a store,

Actually, I'd disagree, the US appears to come down hard on large scale corporate fraudsters/white collar criminals - e.g. Bernie Ebbers.

I will agree, they are coming down hard on corporate corruption these days. I think it's because people are so tired of the good old boy system stepping in and keeping them out of the slammer in the past, so we don't tolerate it. Even now people in Birmingham aren't happy with the verdict, even though I'll accept it as fair now.

Back
Top Bottom