"Scooter" Libby Indicted!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/leak.probe/index.html

Cheney's top aide quits after indictment
Lewis Libby indicted on 5 counts

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, resigned on Friday after federal grand jury indicted him on charges related to the CIA leak investigation.

Libby was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements, court documents show.

I'm so giddy right now it's kind of funny.

while Karl Rove and his political tactics fill me with equal parts contempt and disgust (this is a man who wins by starting slanderous whispering campagins about opposing candidates sexuality, calls them pedophiles, and fans the not-so-latent flames of racism in South Carolina by saying McCain had "an illegitimate black child"), and while it would have been great to see him in jail or at least indicted, the indictment of Libby is actually much worse for the White House.

why? because it puts Cheney in the limelight, and more specifically, how he and Libby bullied the CIA into giving them the intelligence they wanted in order to "justify" an Iraqi invasion. Cheney is now ever more under suspicion, the heat is still on Rove (i.e., he remains a punching bag for Democrats).

also, the CIA is pissed at Scooter/Cheney.

mad tensions there. get ready for more.

oh, and please note, Bush has left town to make a speech on ... THE WAR ON TERROR (TM)!

yep. same old tactis. shit goes down, scare some nervous mothers.

or nominate someone to SCOTUS.

anyone want to start a bet on what will be the next "real, creadible threat"?

This has restored my faith in justice, some what..

I will be giddy when Rove and Cheney get what's coming to them.

and the subsequent impeachment of Bush, of course.
I hate to see this country go through another impeachment trial but this is a case where it just may well show what the act was designed for.

One can dream.

Please stop opining on this matter. It's making baby Bush cry.

anonymous-great-white-shark-5000849.jpg

Mmmmm... fresh blood....

May Scooter get what he deserves.

The indictment:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/osc/documents/libby_indictment_28102005.pdf

The press release:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/osc/documents/libby_pr_28102005.pdf

Returning an indictment for Libby only at this time, with the promise of the investigation continuing, will keep the GOP in line in not dissing Fitzgerald and hopefully stop them from this stupid "the criminalization of politics" talking point.

It will also provide impetus for Rove to continue to be helpful to the investigation.

I wonder if they'll get Bolton also...

Are these reporters dense? It seems like 5 different reporters have asked the same question along the lines of 'can you identify if there were other leakers and who they were' or 'is did government official x have any communication with so-and-so' and every time Mr. Fitzgerald says that he can't answer any question like that by law. And yet the reporters keep asking the same question as if something's gonna change.

namkcuR said:
Are these reporters dense? It seems like 5 different reporters have asked the same question along the lines of 'can you identify if there were other leakers and who they were' or 'is did government official x have any communication with so-and-so' and every time Mr. Fitzgerald says that he can't answer any question like that by law. And yet the reporters keep asking the same question as if something's gonna change.

Ah well, they're now feeling like they need to over-compensate, since this whole sordid affair had so many Washington media insiders willing to be the mouthpiece of the administration during the run-up to the war. Sure, the reporters are keen and vigilant, now that the story's been handed to them by Fitzgerald.

Judah said:

Ah well, they're now feeling like they need to over-compensate, since this whole sordid affair had so many Washington media insiders willing to be the mouthpiece of the administration during the run-up to the war. Sure, the reporters are keen and vigilant, now that the story's been handed to them by Fitzgerald.

So true.

I wonder how Russert feels.

I love this - I cannot wait to see Cheney go down as well, and hell if Rove even had an inkling as to what was going on he should rot in his own shit as well...

So one senior WH official got his ass handed to him and another is still under investigation. I hope Karl Rove gets through a lot of toilet paper over the next few months.

From a partisan point of view - yes a good day for the Democrats, there's no two ways about it (except for those like Lieberman that would be better off in the Republican party).

The double dealings of the administration that led the country into war continue to be unravelled.

kellyahern said:

Especially when it is also the name of a muppet :yes:

a24e95cb.jpg

Lay off Scooter. His biggest problem was having a sister named Skeeter...who subsequently disappeared without a trace.

Conspiracy? You be the judge!

Skeeter, we hardly knew ye...

mbabies_skeeter.gif

financeguy said:

From a partisan point of view - yes a good day for the Democrats,

From an objective point of view - yes a good day a beginning to restoring honor and integrity to the Whitehouse.

U2democrat said:
:drool:
Oh FINALLY it feels SO good to be a Democrat. I love being partisan :evil:

heh heh heh " :evil: "

:wave: hi, u2 dem!

as they say

"...it's beginning to look like Fitzmas...."

or as Al frankin surmises -- since there mightbe more indictmrnts with Fitzgerald setting up a NEW Grand Jury to con't his Investigation...
it might be moe like Chuanaka {more than 1 day of "gifts"

combined it makes.... Fitzmaka

:laugh:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

deep said:

From an objective point of view - yes a good day a beginning to restoring honor and integrity to the Whitehouse.

Aren't we pretty much agreed that went out of vogue with Nixon?

Irvine511 said:
oh, and please note, Bush has left town to make a speech on ... THE WAR ON TERROR (TM)!

yep. same old tactis. shit goes down, scare some nervous mothers.
or nominate someone to SCOTUS.
anyone want to start a bet on what will be the next "real, creadible threat"?

any one who beieves in any highrt power or luck or what ever

throw a protective rIng around AMerica { ESP Our Fav Targets NYC OR DC}from any *ahem* "terroris ATTACKS" during 5this "sensitive time" for :madspit: The White House

Johnson and JFK were no angels for that matter

but, this Administration campaigned on
"restoring honor and dignity"

and they are at the very 'bottom of the barrel" in that regard.

dazzledbylight said:

heh heh heh " :evil: "

:wave: hi, u2 dem!

as they say

"...it's beginning to look like Fitzmas...."

or as Al frankin surmises -- since there mightbe more indictmrnts with Fitzgerald setting up a NEW Grand Jury to con't his Investigation...
it might be moe like Chuanaka {more than 1 day of "gifts"

combined it makes.... Fitzmaka

:laugh:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:lol: That post pretty much summed up my mood. :hyper:

deep said:
Johnson and JFK were no angels for that matter

but, this Administration campaigned on
"restoring honor and dignity"

and they are at the very 'bottom of the barrel" in that regard.

I was going to mention JFK...and all his affairs...damn lucky women. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom