School for Dictators and warcriminals,..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This stuff is going on about a three hours drive from Birmingham. I went to a demonstration there once protesting all of this stuff, during the Reagan Administration. It was tense. People were driving around waving banners accusing us of being Communists. One :censored: drove into the demonstration, injuring three demonstrators. We were shocked when the police arrested the guy. Most of the cops in the area have no sympathy with the demonstrators. It's discouraging that this :censored: is still going on.

Scarletwine said:
Just another example of the great military of the US.

if you think the school of americas represents the military as a whole, or those who have served in the military, you are on crack.

Screaming Flower said:

if you think the school of americas represents the military as a whole, or those who have served in the military, you are on crack.
:hug: Screaming Flower

Screaming Flower said:

I don't. I never did. I went to that demonstration because I didn't like the Reagan Administration's Latin American policy. During his Administration troops from El Salvador and the neighbors were in there training to carry out this senseless policy in Latin America, killing innocent people and not making the place one bit more democratic. Fortunately this madness was stopped by the first President Bush. He sensibly set up a fair, clean election for Nicaragua, which was won by the conservative opposition to the Sandinistas. This only proved that all of the military stuff in Latin America was a fiasco and a complete waste. No, this doesn't represent the U.S. military. I was protesting against waste and brutality promoted as a political agenda by (IMO) a very misguided Administration. I'm glad it was stopped.

Scarletwine said:
Lighten up jeez.

Of course it doesn't represent most of the US military, but it is a part of it.
:hug: Dread - too bad the guys running it aren't like you!

I think it confuses some people because it has carried out U.S. foreign policy in the past, particularly Latin American foreign policy. Let's face it, U.S. foreign policy in Latin America has mostly involved screw-ups like supporting right-wing military juntas in the interest of opposing Communism. This stuff was f:censored:ked. It's the dark side of U.S. military policy, not the whole thing. I will agree that it sucks.

nbcrusader said:
Just another couple of "victims"
Killed or tortured by those two or a south American dictator is not a big difference i thought. Stupid me,....

Back
Top Bottom