Schilling Makes Surprise Stop for Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
schilling_bush.jpg

WILMINGTON, Ohio - Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling made a surprise appearance Monday morning with President Bush (news - web sites), limping to the stage to give Bush a strong endorsement.

Schilling won Game 2 of the World Series (news - web sites) and Game 6 of the American League championship series with his ankle stitched to protect a torn sheath around a tendon. He was expected to undergo surgery this week, and had canceled an appearance with Bush on Friday.

Monday morning, he wore a protective boot over the ankle as he and his wife made their way to the stage inside an airplane hangar.

The ace pitcher said Bush was a commander in chief who will ensure troops "have everything they need to get the job done, a leader who believes in their mission and honors their service, a leader who has the courage and the character to stay on the offense against terrorism until the war is won."

Bush stood next to him, and they embraced afterward.

"On Tuesday, we need you to get out and vote. We need you to get your friends and neighbors out to vote — tell them you're voting for President Bush and get them on board, too," Schilling said. "I know everybody wants to be on a winning team, and there's plenty of room on this bandwagon."

schilling_bush3.jpg

schilling_bush4.jpg

schilling_bush5.jpg

Recorded phone messages of Brett Favre urging people to vote for Bush are being sent out in battleground Wisconsin.
I think there really is something to the whole enertainers for Kerry, athletes for Bush.

MaxFisher said:
Recorded phone messages of Brett Favre urging people to vote for Bush are being sent out in battleground Wisconsin.
I think there really is something to the whole enertainers for Kerry, athletes for Bush.
:up:

Fair Game...the owners of the Sox campaigned with Kerry in NH yesterday....I believe I heard that somewhere.

Well if you said Schilling was pimping for Kerry, I would have the same reaction.

He is a major league asshole, according to his former teammates.

Now, Brett Favre, I've got nothing but good things to say about him. So I guess it's a wash. :)

On a side note - Schilling lives in the town I work in. It was fun driving to work during the World Series and reading all of the posters hung all over town routing him on. :up:

Inner El Guapo said:
Well if you said Schilling was pimping for Kerry, I would have the same reaction.

He is a major league asshole, according to his former teammates.

Now, Brett Favre, I've got nothing but good things to say about him. So I guess it's a wash. :)

not that it has anything to do with politics but the only teammate that he's been documented to ever have a problem with was randy johnson, who he had a major rivalry with in arizona. his teammates in philly loved him and in boston loved him :shrug:

back on topic... athletes tend to be more conservitive in their thinking, while entertainers tend to be more liberal. it's just the nature of the beast

In Bush's rally in Milwaukee on Monday which I was at, Morgan Hamm, the brother of gold medalist Paul Hamm spoke.

Back
Top Bottom