Save The Expos - Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
The Expos will probably dissapear next year or the year after "because they don't give the MLB enough money". It is the Major Baseball who is sick, not the Expos. The players are earning too much money and little markets like Montreal can't have the big players (remember in '94, we probably would have won the Series, nah!!!... but since the lock out.............). If you don't know who the Expos are, just sign the petition and say you love them, that's it, that's all....

Selig, shut up...
http://www.petitiononline.com/expos/petition.html

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org

?Je" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org

?Je</A> suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

hey there,

We hate Selig too. Save the Minnesota Twins!

I'll sign it.
smile.gif

-sula

Holy John,

The *legitimate* reason why contraction should happen is because there are too many players who don't belong in the majors.

Now, if one or two teams should be cut, it probably makes the most sense to cut teams that wouldn't be missed by anybody.

Montreal has a larger metro population than Phoenix, Minneapolis, Cleveland, San Diego, Denver, St. Louis, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Kansas City and Milwaukee, but I think the Expos' attendance might be lower than the major league teams in any of these cities (maybe not Tampa).

Of course MLB is proposing contraction solely for financial reasons, but if they were thinking along the lines proposed above, they might well come to the conclusion that the Expos should be cut.

Now the Twins should definitely stay. MLB should cut the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and/or the Florida Marlins instead. The Florida Marlins' World Series title in 1997(?) was an example of everything that's wrong with baseball.

Contraction is NOT a solution!

Baseball is messed up. They need to have salary caps and revenue sharing.

My theory is "last in - first out!" So, say goodbye to Tampa and, um, Arizona!

Back
Top Bottom