Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaysus she's outselling Dan Brown

AP updated 9:20 p.m. ET, Wed., Sept . 30, 2009

NEW YORK - Just two days after HarperCollins announced that Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue" had been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, preorders Wednesday night for the former Alaska governor's memoir made it No. 1 on both Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com.

Among the books "Going Rogue" is outselling: Sen. Ted Kennedy's "True Compass," Mitch Albom's "Have a Little Faith" and Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol," his first novel since "The Da Vinci Code" and, perhaps until now, the year's most anticipated release.

The response at Alaska bookstores was mixed.

A woman taking a call at Waldenbooks in Wasilla, Palin's hometown, said she was pre-ordering a copy at that moment and there had been "lots of interest." She would not give her name but referred a reporter to her boss, Borders district manager Grant Larsen, who said interest had been strong both in Wasilla and Anchorage.

"We're very excited about it and already have several signed up," he said. "We're expecting that to be massive."

A lot of people are coming into the store and asking to reserve a copy, Larsen said. Borders booksellers also are asking customers if they want to reserve one. The more people reserve copies, he said, the more copies the stores will get.

Julie Drake, co-owner of Anchorage's largest independent bookstore, Title Wave, stopped to quiz her booksellers about Palin's book.

"Nobody has said a word. Not a single customer has asked about it. I don't know what that means. Maybe we're all going rogue, going all mavericky," she said.

Nine years of FYM and I'm still alive, so I'm sure I can handle Sarah Palin's stupidity. Besides, I'm sure she uses big letters and maximum spacing so it's probably more like 35 pages. :wink:

You guys must live real exciting lives. :|

Isn't enough enough here? Do you hate this woman that much that you have to be an ass cute with the last couple pages here of "It's probably not written in English" and "it makes me throw up" and "look at her, she knows how to use letters!" and the like? Listen to yourselves. For pete's sake, get over it.

You guys must live real exciting lives. :|

Isn't enough enough here? Do you hate this woman that much that you have to be an ass cute with the last couple pages here of "It's probably not written in English" and "it makes me throw up" and "look at her, she knows how to use letters!" and the like? Listen to yourselves. For pete's sake, get over it.

i find her to be brilliant camp, the GOP's very own reality TV star.

it's the McCain people who fill me with shock and horror that they chose this woman to be his running mate.

the woman plans to stay in public life. and i plan to mock her for every minute i have to listen to her batshit inanities.

and i plan to mock her for every minute i have to listen to her

Really? You HAVE to listen to her? She came to your house and forced you to listen to her? Gee, that's tough. You could just avoid any media outlets that dedicate time to her, kind of like what you tell me to do regarding, say, MSNBC.

Whatever. I guess I hoped you were able enough to attack her on policy without the unnecessary implications that she's borderline mentally retarded, but I see I'm wrong.

Where was that discussion about civility and rationale? :hmm:

i'm not defending anyone's actions or anything because i just don't care about her enough to give her the attention, but if you make yourself a public figure, you open yourself up to mocking. americans have mocked politicians since well...america became america. all sides do it. bravo if you (this is a general you) think it's wrong and don't make fun of any politicians, but some view them the same as any other celebrity or public figure. :shrug:

Really? You HAVE to listen to her? She came to your house and forced you to listen to her? Gee, that's tough. You could just avoid any media outlets that dedicate time to her, kind of like what you tell me to do regarding, say, MSNBC.

Whatever. I guess I hoped you were able enough to attack her on policy without the unnecessary implications that she's borderline mentally retarded, but I see I'm wrong.

Where was that discussion about civility and rationale? :hmm:

her policy is bad because she's shockingly ignorant, and proud of this fact. not just proud, but snarky about it. she represents the absolute worst thing this country's political system has to offer, and lest you forget, she will more likely than not run for the GOP nomination in 2012.

yes, as one who pays attention, reads the blogs, (though i now do not watch any cable news) i am forced to listen to her.

Listen to yourselves. For pete's sake, get over it.

Is she still not in the spotlight by her own design and by the desperate few that still want her to run in 2012?

I see you bring up politicians that haven't done anything in years, yet you want us to "get over" someone who is still milking the spotlight?

I know it probably stings a little, but in the long run it may actually force some to open their eyes and they may see the ridicule she gets then realize that informing themselves will make them stronger voters, politicians, or human beings. That is at least my hope... that someday conservatives will see the tea partiers, the Palins, the Jindals, the Becks, the Rushes get embarassed and realize they have to step up, inform themselves and find a new way to defend their beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom