Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if she can only sign so many books and there are too many people there it would have nothing to do with her.

True, but the article I read said they passed out wristbands, those people were told they were guaranteed and if she had time she would try and sign more, and that half of those with wristbands didn't even get theirs signed.

Who knows :shrug:

I think it just shows they're angry in general and they will turn on her too.

Well she is good at quitting. :shrug:

and some are not.

Brokeback-Mountain.jpg

drill baby drill.

<>

for a Republican,

i suppose that does count as policy.

i remember Tom Friedman once saying that the "drill, baby, drill" was akin to a crowd yelling, in 1988, "typewriters, baby, typewriters!"

now, in the grown up world, can you articulate *any* policy that she's introduced?

You don't need Sarah Palin for that, just get on a plane and Hugo Chavez isn't that far away.

I personally hope Ron Paul is the new direction of the Republican Party, but that is doubtful. As they say in the NFL... "Upon further review..." Palin is a nitwit.

To be honest, I'm sick of the whole bunch. And yes, since we are throwing the cards on the table, I'd trade state sanctioned gay marriage for a sound economic policy. It just so happens, gay marriage and adoption threads tend to create more entertaining discussion than economics.

If Sarah were President gas would be .27 cents a gallon.

<>

I don't think so because there is an 18 cents per gallon federal gasoline tax, and states add another 15, 20, 25 or 30 cents. More than 40 cents in CA and NY. And you thought Big Oil was greedy ! !

In addition, refinery capacity will not be affected (which limits the amount of gasoline we can produce.) So while DBD would be great for reducing our dependence on foreign oil and creating thousands of new, high-paying American jobs (both of which Democrats claim to be in favor of by the way), a lowering of the price at the pump would not be quite so dramatic.

All of which I point out as a proponent of DBD.

I don't think so because there is an 18 cents per gallon federal gasoline tax, and states add another 15, 20, 25 or 30 cents. More than 40 cents in CA and NY. And you thought Big Oil was greedy ! !

In addition, refinery capacity will not be affected (which limits the amount of gasoline we can produce.) So while DBD would be great for reducing our dependence on foreign oil and creating thousands of new, high-paying American jobs (both of which Democrats claim to be in favor of by the way), a lowering of the price at the pump would not be quite so dramatic.

All of which I point out as a proponent of DBD.

As long as the dollar continues to weaken - it doesn't matter how much oil we have. The correlation between the dollar and oil is strong.

The Mudflats ? Canada Punks Palin. Again!

Last time it was two DJs from Montreal who cooked up a prank that had Sarah Palin VP candidate on the phone with someone she thought was French President Nicholas Sarkozy. Not so, much to the amusement of many.

This time it’s comedian Mary Walsh in her character ‘Marg Delahunty’ that got the last laugh. She asked Sarah Palin if she had any words of encouragement for conservative Canadians about their socialized health care.

Of course, our neighbors to the north (or in my case, to the east) are basically pretty happy with their health care system, and look at ours with even more horror and disgust than we do.

Palin strolled over, looking down on Walsh and her crew to tell them that “Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit.”

“Basically, she said government should stop doing the work that private enterprise should do,” Walsh said.

In addition to those comments, Walsh said, she found it equally bizarre that no one was allowed to ask Palin any questions at the book-signing.

“It was great fun, but also very strange,” Walsh recalled.

“We’re in a bookstore, at a public event, in a place one would think was a bastion of free speech. And no one was allowed to ask questions. What are they afraid of?”

They are afraid, my Canadian friend, that she will answer them.

So, yet again Canada comes through and gives us all a chuckle. It makes me proud that I can see Canada from my house.

YouTube - Palin Suggests Canada Should 'Reform' Health System To 'Let The Private Sector Take Over'

Palin strolled over, looking down on Walsh and her crew to tell them that “Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit.”

The hilarious thing is that there would be no more surefire way for the Conservatives to lose an election than to follow this advice.

You'd have to rip universal healthcare from Canadians' dead, cold hands.

On her Facebook page Sunday night, Sarah Palin posted a letter from a 95-year-old veteran named Harold B. Estes.

"I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son," Estes wrote. "Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out."

The former Alaska governor linked to the whole letter, which adds: "I don't think you like America nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do for the obvious gifts this country has given you. ... Shape up and start acting like an American. ... I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle."

The whole letter is here

Congress.org - : Letter to Senator Bill Nelson (D-Florida): Do Your Job

"I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son," Estes wrote. "Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him."

Perhaps this man could use a lesson in civics.

The President is in charge of military decisions; not generals. That's why the United States isn't a military dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom