Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Palin may be prepping for a career as a radio star.

Radio journal Inside Radio reports that, according to sources, Palin's reps "have been quietly testing the waters to see how much interest radio syndicators have for her."

Palin's memoir is due out next spring, and it has been speculated that she stepped down as Governor of Alaska in order to cash in on her fame.

The one-time journalism major has a broadcasting past: she was a sportscaster at Anchorage's NBC affiliate, KTTU, in the 1980s.

When are these people going to understand? Radio? That requires thinking on your feet plus you don't get to see her. Put Palin in front of a TV and give her a well rehearsed script, it's the only way she'll ever succeed as any kind of conservative mouth piece.

palindogshowyl6.jpg

Ah yes. Journalism at its finest.

Dogs. There were lots of them.

Let me ask something to all you Palin detractors that have posted in here.

If you had to vote for:

A. Sarah Palin or

B. George W Bush

who would you vote for?

That's easy. Bush. Yes, he made some bad decisions but he's nothing like Palin. I never got the sense that Bush just liked being on TV and would say and do things just to be on TV.

Palin is a cartoon. I can't believe she's taken seriously by anyone.

It is hard for me to imagine anyone being worse than Bush

and I kind of believe he let Cheney and others influence him and take the lead for at least 6 of his 8 years.

I think Palin was as competent of a Govenor if not more so than Bush was in Texas. I never voted for W, I can't imagine ever voting for Palin.

I do think Obama could have a difficult election in 2012 depending on the economy and the deficit. I also expect I will vote for him again

Romney should not be counted out.

Okay.

First off...

I agree with those who saw the Palin pick for what it was - a lousy attempt by the McCain gang to appeal to Hillary voters.

BUT...

Unlike McCain, Palin was able to draw a crowd of 20,000 people at the drop of a hat.

I personally thought her move to resign was unwise, but it does open many doors for her in the short term. I think it will be held against her in the long run.

Most presidents will have ethics complaints filed against them, and many will be unfounded. You either accept that it comes with the job, or you don't.

I know a great deal of conservatives across the country who hope to God that she runs in 2012, and some who will write her in if she isn't on the ticket (or so they claim). Unlike McCain, they want someone who WILL fight back, instead of acting like a clueless old man. McCain has attacked his base. Palin has energized her base.

Her chances of making a serious comeback in time for 2012 rely on Obama's popularity to fall. Given that Obama has gone for a "sky is falling" approach on the big issues, and much of the bills don't even implement the plans right away, I don't think she can be written off entirely. We heard the stump speech, and Obama got his $787 Porkulus Package passed. He's only spent about 8% of it so far. Unemployment numbers continue to rise. Blue states are given a lot more money, and they're still worse off economically than red states have been, overall.

Most presidents will have ethics complaints filed against them,
Really? Do you have any kind of information to back this up?

I know a great deal of conservatives across the country who hope to God that she runs in 2012, and some who will write her in if she isn't on the ticket (or so they claim).

I think both of these sentiments are a sad reflection of the conservative intellect these days...

That's easy. Bush. Yes, he made some bad decisions but he's nothing like Palin. I never got the sense that Bush just liked being on TV and would say and do things just to be on TV.

Palin is a cartoon. I can't believe she's taken seriously by anyone.

the shocking part is the media were prepared to love sarah palin, just think back to what it was like after it was announced but before she started talking. they were prepared to eat out of the palm of her hand, and then she just kept providing moment after moment of utter buffoonery.

Really? Do you have any kind of information to back this up?
CLINTON LEGAL ETHICS TIMELINE
September 1998: Independent Counsel Ken Starr releases the IC Report to Congress, detailing multiple instances of presidential and professional misconduct by President Bill Clinton.

September 1998: SLF files a complaint with the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Professional Conduct regarding attorney William Jefferson Clinton’s “willful professional misconduct by lying under oath in a court of law.” SLF alleges Clinton’s explicit violations of Arkansas rules of professional conduct governing attorneys, including acts involving “dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation.” Arkansas rules further specify that, in the case of attorneys who are elected officials, “[a] lawyer’s abuse of public office can suggest an inability to fulfill the role of attorney.”

November 1998: SLF releases the results of a national non-partisan poll of 1,000 Americans, revealing that 63 percent believe that President Clinton should lose his attorney’s license if he is found guilty of lying under oath. In contrast, the poll reveals that only 13 percent believe he should be impeached.

February 1999: SLF forwards a letter to the Arkansas committee, requesting action on the pending ethics complaint against Clinton.

April 1999: Federal district court Judge Susan Webber Wright, the presiding judge in the Paul Jones case, issues a civil contempt citation for Bill Clinton’s misrepresentations while under oath. The citation states, “It is not acceptable to employ deceptions and falsehoods in an attempt to obstruct the judicial process . . . [n]evertheless, the President’s . . . conduct in this case, coming as it did from a member of the bar and the chief law enforcement officer of this Nation, was without justification and undermined the integrity of the judicial system.” The contempt citation is forwarded to the Arkansas committee, which triggers an automatic formal complaint under state law. No action is taken. Attorneys representing President Clinton fail to appeal Judge Wright’s contempt citation.

December 1999: SLF files a petition for a writ of mandamus with the Arkansas Supreme Court, requesting that the court order the Arkansas committee to fulfill its obligation to pursue a formal complaint against President Clinton, pointing out that the contempt citation alone obligates the issuance of a formal complaint by the committee.

January 2000: The Arkansas Supreme Court grants SLF’s mandamus request, ordering the Committee to proceed with SLF’s complaint “forthwith.”

I think both of these sentiments are a sad reflection of the conservative intellect these days...
Of course you would. The "progressive intellect" should consider the paralells this has with Obama's trajectory.

Of course you would. The "progressive intellect" should consider the paralells this has with Obama's trajectory.

Before I voted I took a step back and I could understand some of the criticisms thrown at Obama, but at the end of the day he was the best vote I could cast, I do nothing blindly.

I think if conservatives took the same step back, an honest step back they would realize this woman is not Presidential material. She's just not an informed or intellectually curious woman. And the whole write in thing is even worse those people are just helpless...

Before I voted I took a step back and I could understand some of the criticisms thrown at Obama, but at the end of the day he was the best vote I could cast, I do nothing blindly.
I can respect that.

I think if conservatives took the same step back, an honest step back they would realize this woman is not Presidential material. She's just not an informed or intellectually curious woman. And the whole write in thing is even worse those people are just helpless...
The write-in mentality will likely wear off. I do know someone who wrote her in for 2008 because he could not stand John McCain. Another guy who loves Palin and plans to write her in is from the Blue State of California, and feels he has nothing to lose.

What they wanted in 2008 was a conservative. Instead, they got John McCain, of all people, who is a tepid media star.

How John McCain will "fight for you:"

cashmere-gloves.jpg

Sarah Palin, on the other hand:

istockphoto_4771315-sword-cross-swords.jpg

Get the picture?

But what is she fighting for? Has she clearly articulated her national goals, with specific examples?
She has been campaigning for conservatives, including Rick Perry, and yes, even some conservative Democrats.

All in all, she IS a fighter. And one for the conservative agenda.

McCain was a "go along and get along" type who even admitted that he doesn't understand economic issues.

I don't know her itinerary too well other than that at this point, but give it time.

She has been campaigning for conservatives, including Rick Perry, and yes, even some conservative Democrats.

Which is what for her? These are not specific examples of national plans and goals.

I don't know her itinerary too well other than that at this point, but give it time.

She was a major party's candidate for vice president. How much more "time" is needed? Is this the best the conservatives can do? Offer a personality only? One with a healthy persecution complex, but no actual plans or goals?

Which is what for her?
Free markets, lower taxes, domestic drilling, etc.

She doesn't have to be a one-issue type like Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, or Tom Tancredo.

These are not specific examples of national plans and goals.
As I said, we don't know of all her plans yet. But what she is doing is campaigning to get conservatives elected in 2010.

She was a major party's candidate for vice president. How much more "time" is needed?
She JUST resigned. I don't understand why we need to be on the edge of our seats just yet.

The point is that she is weighing in on the doors that have opened for her.

Is this the best the conservatives can do? Offer a personality only? One with a healthy persecution complex, but no actual plans or goals?
Oy vey.

I don't think she's defended herself and her family when it wasn't the least bit necessary.

She may be a mere "personality" to you.

To many others, she offers both personality and substance.

Did you see the bumper stickers that say "Sarah Palin for President: 2012 - 2014 and 1/2"

She is a quitter, plain and simple.

This bullshit about being a lame duck would make sense if she were a term-limited governor. But she is not. So she clearly didn't feel like running again (maybe she has presidential aspirations, maybe she wants to cash in), and got the hell outta there. This is motivated by her self-interest and little else.

She kept Alaska out of a deficit. That doesn't just happen out of thin air.

Yeah, actually it does when you're sitting on boatloads of oil reserves at a time in history when oil prices are at their highest.

Much like the province of Alberta that's sitting on huge profits, but if you take away the oil, they'd suffer total economic collapse.

She is a quitter, plain and simple.

This bullshit about being a lame duck would make sense if she were a term-limited governor. But she is not. So she clearly didn't feel like running again (maybe she has presidential aspirations, maybe she wants to cash in), and got the hell outta there. This is motivated by her self-interest and little else.
Maybe, maybe, maybe...

The "plain and simple" is all based on speculation.

She did what was best for her - protecting her reputation from unfounded accusations.

And she did what was best for Alaska - not allowing the accusations to become a major distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom