Same-Sex Marriage General Discussion Thread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #641
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 01:25 PM
While I think its good Dr. Spitzer was willing to admit he was wrong, a part of me feels its not enough. He has to make amends to the gay community rather than just saying "I'm sorry". There's a lot of deep wounds that exist as a result of his study.

Just my thoughts.
__________________

Pearl is offline  
Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #642
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 67,759
Local Time: 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono

Of course being gay is a choice - no one is forcing you to love someone of your own sex, you do it because you want to - that's what a free choice is.

Take me for example, I have a lot of attractive female co-workers in my office and the fact that I don't sleep with anyone of them is because I choose not to, nor am I inclined to - BUT if I wanted to I would......because that's my choice.
I see your point.

I chose not to sleep with Kate Upton all the time.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #643
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,684
Local Time: 12:25 PM
and no sooner did the naacp release their endorsement and now some african-american ministers and such have come out and condemned it.

but hey, if they want to make themselves look hypocritical...
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #644
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,715
Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Has there ever been a valid reason against SSM? Nothing seems to stand up.
Nope. As you've stated, every single "argument" has been logically shot down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think the domino's are falling, and while there's going to be some very loud ressistance in the short term, it's only a matter of time. And generations will look back thinking WTF was the big deal?
I agree. We're on the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
So INDY's still dodging the tough questions. Or did I miss his reply somewhere?
Nope, still waiting on his responses.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #645
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:25 PM
I saw this today on Facebook and it made me think of some posters in here:

BVS is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #646
Refugee
 
JamietheEdgefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 1,690
Local Time: 06:25 PM
"It is an abomination", huh? What really saddens me is that someone would actually get a tattoo of that. Devoting time and money to prominently display a message on your body, that will be there for the rest of your life... and they make it a message of hating a particular people?

Hell, even if i was against homosexuality, i'd think it sad to get a tattoo devoting your arm to that hate. I hate people who jump queues, but if i knew someone who got a tattoo saying "i hate line cutters" on their arm, i'd think they were obsessive and sad.

It's sad to see such devotion to hate.
JamietheEdgefan is online now  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #647
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I saw this today on Facebook and it made me think of some posters in here:

Wow, speaking of hypocrites...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #648
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,684
Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamietheEdgefan View Post
"It is an abomination", huh? What really saddens me is that someone would actually get a tattoo of that. Devoting time and money to prominently display a message on your body, that will be there for the rest of your life... and they make it a message of hating a particular people?

Hell, even if i was against homosexuality, i'd think it sad to get a tattoo devoting your arm to that hate. I hate people who jump queues, but if i knew someone who got a tattoo saying "i hate line cutters" on their arm, i'd think they were obsessive and sad.

It's sad to see such devotion to hate.
exactly. there's lots of things and people that really grind my gears, and i have nothing against tattoos, but i like to focus on things that i like and have personal meaning to me. i wouldn't get a tattoo of someone changing lanes without a turn signal with a big x through it.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #649
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:25 PM
It's pathetic that some people's homophobia consumes so much of their lives
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #650
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,684
Local Time: 12:25 PM
it makes you wonder if their hatred isn't really just a form of overcompensation. "i'm not gay! in fact, i'm so not gay, that i hate gays! them fags should burn in hell" etc.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #651
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:25 PM
There must be some connection. I think headache posted a link to an article about that very thing
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #652
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I saw this today on Facebook and it made me think of some posters in here:

it might be more effective if he put it on the small of his back
deep is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #653
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
it makes you wonder if their hatred isn't really just a form of overcompensation. "i'm not gay! in fact, i'm so not gay, that i hate gays! them fags should burn in hell" etc.
Yea, for some reason I think it's not much hatred, it's more a fear. People always fear the unknown. If they're all just scared that they might be gay, and their families won't accept them if they are. So they do the complete opposite, start hating all that is gay and hope that they'll eventually believe it themselves..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #654
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 01:25 PM
It's also fairly telling that all they seem to focus on are the wieners and bums and scissoring and such
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #655
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
It's also fairly telling that all they seem to focus on are the wieners and bums and scissoring and such
Ooh, what a good opportunity to post this!

GOP Senate contender Marshall says being gay 'cuts your life by about 20 years' | Richmond Times-Dispatch

He apparently said that sodomy is not a civil right earlier this week.

But ..... but .... a lot of straights like the butt sex too! What about THEIR precious rights???
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #656
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Christ, what an asshole.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #657
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Ha, the original intro to my post was "In Today's Christ, What An Asshole News" but then I saw JT's post and went with the segueway business.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #658
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem

He apparently said that sodomy is not a civil right earlier this week.
But I'm guessing ignorance and assholism are? That's very fortunate for him.
BVS is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #659
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Gay sex is wrong because it's icky!
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #660
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
Gay sex is wrong because it's icky!
But only when it's men... Girl on girl doesn't count, in fact it makes up 40% of their porn collection.
__________________

BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×