Saddam - executed !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
so I guess we don't to write about if you like capital punishment or not

i believe this execution was a huge mistake because the trial was so flawed

this a very poor foundation on which to build a new Iraq

The Sunnis still hold Saddam in high regard simply because he is a Sunni like them. So, when he is executed, I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war breaks out, if it hasn't already.

where did you read this?

none of the major news media seem to be reporting this.

Last edited:
He is not dead as of yet, but there saying this weekend Saddam might be executed.

How many Saddam threads are we going to have? Yippy, someone's gonna kill the fucker. That still won't bring back the lives he's destroyed. I don't know if killing him is the answer, but you reap what you sow.

The report on the CNN site claims that Saddam could be executed within a matter of hours. There are conflicting reports from Baghdad about the timing of the execution. It could have already happened and they could be keeping it out of the press to keep riots and such from happening.

The BBC say that it will happen in the next four weeks but one judge said he would die on Friday or Saturday.

verte76 said:
The report on the CNN site claims that Saddam could be executed within a matter of hours. There are conflicting reports from Baghdad about the timing of the execution. It could have already happened and they could be keeping it out of the press to keep riots and such from happening.

"It could have already happened"

it has happened

they are just choosing how they want to reveal it

2u6nuox.jpg

:| I don`t get it, why do they tell that killing him will be a victory in the war against terrorism on fox news,....

Lawyers for Saddam Hussein asked a U.S. judge to block his transfer to the custody of Iraqi officials poised to carry out his execution.

Hussein's lawyers filed documents Friday afternoon asking for a stay of execution. The 21-page request was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington before Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly.

Attorneys argued that because Hussein also faces a civil lawsuit in Washington, he has rights as a civil defendant that would be violated if he is executed. He has not received notice of those rights and the consequences that the lawsuit would have on his estate, his attorneys said.

"To protect those rights, defendant Saddam Hussein requests an order of this court providing a stay of his execution until further notice of this court," attorney Nicholas Gilman wrote.

It would be interesting if a US court blocked it.

I agree with deep. This whole thing was a joke with zero legtimacy.

This was not justice. But whatever it takes to feed the bloodthirsty, I suppose.:|

This is hilarious...everyone feeling bad for Saddam fucking Hussein. Thank God they never found Hitler alive, imagine the wails of protest if he was executed.

People are feeling sorry for him? Tell those people to go hug a tree instead. He was one of the most brutal dictators in the last 20 yrs

my reports suggest between 2-3 am GMT saturday morning, but Iraq goverment deny it.

CTU2fan said:
This is hilarious...everyone feeling bad for Saddam fucking Hussein. Thank God they never found Hitler alive, imagine the wails of protest if he was executed.

tim722 said:
People are feeling sorry for him? Tell those people to go hug a tree instead. He was one of the most brutal dictators in the last 20 yrs

Uhm - more Iraqis died per year after Bush invaded. Anyway, yes he was a brutal dictator, but this is turning into one big charade and US troops will take the backlash. The US is giving custody to the Iraqis - what a joke. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Bush will use this to get more funding as violence will increase in Iraq. The increased funding is not guaranteed with the Democrats in power.

Back
Top Bottom