Sad state of the world today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
I have serious sympathy for this man.
He might be slightly ill himself to do what he did,
but part of me feels like he honestly felt like he had no other choice.
In a few other stories i read, he had kissed her prior to the deed.
Also, she might have suggested he help her to to the edge.
Either way, i feel sad that he thought he had no other way out.
I know this man does not feel alone.

Anyways, please read this.
If you have insurance or are in good health, count your blessings.

KANSAS CITY — A man who told police he threw his ailing wife off their fourth-floor balcony because he couldn't afford to pay for her medical care was arraigned Thursday on charges of second-degree murder.

Stanley J. Reimer, 51, appeared in Jackson County Circuit Court to hear the charge in the death late Tuesday of Criste Reimer, 47.

Reimer did not have a lawyer at the hearing and requested representation by the public defender's office. He remained jailed on $250,000 bond.

Reimer walked his wife to the balcony of their apartment Tuesday night and threw her over, according to court documents filed in Jackson County Circuit Court.

Criste Reimer's body was found that night outside the apartment building, located near an upscale shopping district.

In the probable cause statement, police said Reimer told them he could no longer pay the bills for his wife's treatment for neurological problems and uterine cancer.

Criste Reimer had been in ill health for several years, according to Jackson County Probate Court records. Her weight had fallen to 75 pounds and she was partly blind. Court records also said she had no health insurance to pay for medical bills that ranged from $700 to $800 per week.

An official with the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art who spoke on condition of anonymity said that Reimer had worked in the museum's finance department since 1996 and that the museum offers full family insurance coverage to its employees. She would not say whether the Reimers had that coverage, citing privacy concerns.

The judge scheduled another hearing for Sept. 10.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:huh:

WOW

Um, I totally sympathize for those who can't afford their medical care. But man there are many different ways to deal with it other than throwing her off the balcony.

It is a sad state.

Yet another reason to never have a significant other. :yikes:

It will be interesting to see if they did have or could have had insurance, because from what the official from his employer said it appears they could/should have been covered. I do wonder if maybe she'd been ill before he got that job and wasn't able to be added, or only had partial coverage. Or perhaps the coverage just sucked.

^Also you just have to look at all the cases where it is a guy who will kill his whole family then himself...it is rarely, rarely ever the woman.

There has to be something messed up in our psychology:huh:

Why the hell did this guythrow her off a balcony....there are plenty of quieter and less painful ways to murder someone....

I'm sure the anti-universal healthcare Republicans who see this will be smiling...

Honestly I think there must be more to this story. I mean, I don't think you toss someone off a balcony because you can't pay their medical bills...surely there's a better way.

I totally sympathize if that is the true story , but I wonder how many avenues he explored before doing that. Surely murder is the last resort. Maybe he had no one to turn to, or believed he didn't.

Some of the men murdering their wives are doing it as a cheaper way out than divorce (often also when they are pregnant), so you have to wonder about the mentality that makes any woman's life so worthless.

I wonder what she wanted.

"Some of the men murdering their wives are doing it as a cheaper way out than divorce (often also when they are pregnant), so you have to wonder about the mentality that makes any woman's life so worthless."

I never quite got the idea of using murder to eliminate inconvenience. (not saying this is the case in this the thread's situation).

Just to make it perfectly clear I'm not saying that is the case at all either in this situation, only he knows for sure what the reasons are. If the facts are 100% about the insurance and medical bills well that is indeed a massive tragedy, and completely sickening that it is happening in this country.

But as a general statement it shocks me what is happening in some marriages.

martha said:
Why is it always the man who kills the sick wife? It's rarely the woman who kills the sick husband.

:tsk:

Why is it always the man, period. It's rarely the woman who rapes, or murders or tortures, robs, assaults, etc. :eyebrow:

I say we take the SOB bring him to the tallest building not blown up by the gawd damn extemsits and throw him off the top.....

How about we take some personal responsibility for our own actions.....????

Nah....its the fucking repubulicans fualt.

Back
Top Bottom