Rush Limbaugh Defines A Real Vs A "Phony" Soldier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
url

He was all about the photo op, insisting he deserved a Purple Heart, and then spoke badly about the men that served with him.

A phony soldier.

dbs

Word has even spread to Germany what a cheap attempt of discrediting Kerry this "swiftvet" affair was.

Do you mean to imply that it is better to covering up war crimes than reporting them and trying to make the public aware of what war is turning some people into? Do you really think American POW's got tortured because war crimes got made public in the US everyone knew about, but no one wanted to speak about? Do you think it's worth covering up massacres on civilians?

AEON said:

lol...the Left would never stoop so low as to attack anyone...

But he makes a point. No one in here has answered the real questions, we just keep getting stupid photos, none of which answer the real questions.

And some people have made it their reputation to avoid the real questions...

If Americans really thought he was a genuine soldier, John Kerry would have been elected, but he wasn't.

dbs

diamond said:
If Americans really thought he was a genuine soldier, John Kerry would have been elected, but he wasn't.

dbs

That doesn't even make sense. Kerry lost because he wouldn't take a true stance on anything, he catered so much that no one really knew where he stood at the end of the day. It had nothing to do with him being a soldier.

If anyone thought he wasn't a genuine soldier and W was then they probably shouldn't be voting...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
See, no real answers just pics. You and Diamond are two peas in a pod.

You're right, but somehow I thought that simply posting the words on the sign wouldn't capture the wisdom of the Left's argument.

I'm sure Plato would have been proud of their syllogism...and Irvine would be proud that the Left continued their long held tradition of not attacking.

AEON said:

You're right, but somehow I thought that simply posting the words on the sign wouldn't capture the wisdom of the Left's argument.

I'm sure Plato would have been proud of their syllogism...and Irvine would be proud that the Left continued their long held tradition of not attacking.

Once again the right doesn't get it. Maybe the right doesn't have the mental capacity, since they still believe Iraq had something to do with 911. Or maybe it's just they love war too much...

See if I used you, the ignorant, or the warmongers to paint the whole right with the same brush I'd be cheapening the argument.

That's what you've been doing for the last several pages.

Let me know when you want to have a real discussion.

AEON said:

The beautiful logic of the Left. I'm glad they don't attack...

IMG_2328.jpg

Are you really that dense to believe that one picture of one sign represents "the Left" and its views?

Come on now. All this vapid picture slinging is bordering on trolling.

AEON said:

The beautiful logic of the Left. I'm glad they don't attack...

firstly, i'm talking about in here. there's been nothing from diamond but schoolyard "he started it / he did it first" gibberish.

and i'd like to hear the left wing equivalent of the Swift Boat ads. or the attacks on Max Cleland, a man who left much of his body on the ground in Vietnam.

it is a race to the bottom, i agree, but the Right seems to be winning.

I really hope for the sake of the GOP that this message board is a piss-poor representation of their party.

Diemen said:

Are you really that dense to believe that one picture of one sign represents "the Left" and its views?

Come on now. All this vapid picture slinging is bordering on trolling.

Well, Deep has quite a few pics posted in the recent threads. (the one of Gulliani and the vampire comparison is actually funny).
You don't consider him a troll because you agree with him.

Do you really think this picture above is an exception in the anti-war parades? Also, aren't these the types of names these two men are called in the very forum just about every day.

...I'd be happy to be wrong in this case.

AEON said:
Well, Deep has quite a few pics posted in the recent threads. (the one of Gulliani and the vampire comparison is actually funny).
You don't consider him a troll because you agree with him.

Do you really think this picture above is an exception in the anti-war parades? Also, aren't these the types of names these two men are called in the very forum just about every day.

...I'd be happy to be wrong in this case.

How many more posts does Deep have that are legitimate arguments?

Many more than yourself.

Do you really think the picture above is not an EXTREME example? If you really think that's how a majority of the anti-war people think, I can no longer consider you a rational poster.

phillyfan26 said:

How many more posts does Deep have that are legitimate arguments?

Many more than yourself.

Do you really think the picture above is not an EXTREME example? If you really think that's how a majority of the anti-war people think, I can no longer consider you a rational poster.

I think it is an extreme representation of the prevailing attitude of the Left.

AEON said:

OK, it's extreme. You agree.

Then why post it?

And how do you mean "prevailing attitude?"

phillyfan26 said:

Then why post it?

And how do you mean "prevailing attitude?"

It was mostly a response to Irvine giving the impression that only the Right attacks.

As far a prevailing attitude...just search on Cheney and Bush in this forum and you'll see what I mean...

I think Irvine's point was that the Right primarily attacks, and the Left has a minority that attacks.

And I still don't see how disagreeing with Bush, Cheney, and the War means being anti-soldier. I don't see how a soldier is phony for disagreeing with the war.

AEON said:

So I can now paint you with the same brush I paint Phelps?

Good to know we are now working the lowest denominator.

phillyfan26 said:

And I still don't see how disagreeing with Bush, Cheney, and the War means being anti-soldier. I don't see how a soldier is phony for disagreeing with the war.

You'll never get this answered... they don't answer real questions or issues.

AEON said:
Do you really think this picture above is an exception in the anti-war parades?

i go to these rallies all the time -- sometimes to watch, sometimes to participate. and, yes, it is an exception.

but go ahead and disagree with me because you think i'm biased or something.

i find the Jane Fonda effigies far more offensive.

Why discuss Clarence Thomas when we can sling mud at Bill Clinton? Why discuss Rush Limbaugh when we can sling mud at John Kerry??

Come on, people!

MrsSpringsteen said:

No one in the "left" cared about the soldiers before this? Why, because they criticized Bush and what was going on in the war? Don't confuse the two. I know and have known some, including one who died. I care so much about all of them. And plenty of people in the "left" care about them so much, I can't think of any human who wouldn't. There are no soldiers who are Democrats, who are from the "left"? What about them?

If Rush Limbaugh is patriotic well I must really despise my country :|

While we may have had our differences in this forum, I have NEVER doubted your commitment to the well being of the soldiers of this country.

diamond said:

dbs

DBS - I really find this insulting. John Kerry served his country admirably.

Disagree with the content of his message all you want but do not stoop to this.

anitram said:
Why discuss Clarence Thomas when we can sling mud at Bill Clinton? Why discuss Rush Limbaugh when we can sling mud at John Kerry??

Come on, people!

and why talk about Iraq when all of this is so much more fun!

phillyfan26 said:
I don't see how a soldier is phony for disagreeing with the war.

You are a phony soldier when you lie about your service. I think that was the point Rush was making - and I agree.

I disagree with the soldiers that think we shouldn't be in Iraq, but that doesn't make them phony.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom