Rummy Under Oath Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say stay. After all, why risk the Bush Administration appointing someone popular and competant? :wink:

Melon

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&u=/nm/20040507/ts_nm/iraq_abuse_video_dc_1&printer=1

"Rumsfeld did not describe the photos, but U.S. military officials told NBC News that the unreleased images showed U.S. soldiers severely beating an Iraqi prisoner nearly to death, having sex with a female Iraqi female prisoner and ?acting inappropriately with a dead body.? The officials said there was also a videotape, apparently shot by U.S. personnel, showing Iraqi guards raping young boys."

"Rumsfeld said in his opening statement before the Senate Armed Services Committee that ?these events occurred on my watch. As secretary of defense, I am accountable for them. I take full responsibility.? Insisting that the abuses were at the hands of very few soldiers, Rumsfeld also vowed to bring those guilty to justice and to ensure that such abuses did not happen again. "

"At the end of the Senate hearing, Rumsfeld appeared to have retained the support of most Republicans on the committee."

How can anybody STILL believe this CRAP?

i just got to watch part of the testimony, but i got the feeling that he was trying to dodge the answers. :down:

ABEL said:
i just got to watch part of the testimony, but i got the feeling that he was trying to dodge the answers. :down:

Your feelings were right ABEL. He's a master at double speak. Or he just talks about everything else except the question at hand. He makes me sick, but more than that he makes me nervous. Forget about him going anywhere, Bush is not in charge so Rummy's there till this adminstration is voted out, which I hope is this Nov.

I believe Rumsfeld will be gone if and only if it looks like hurting Bush in November (Rove will make the call, or Cheney perhaps). Any party in power would act accordingly.

Now, whether the goings-on in Iraq really affect the standing of the government, is a question I can't answer.

According to the latest CNN/USA Today/Gallop poll, this is what the American people think on the issue if Rumsfeld should go or not.

Should Bush Fire Rumsfeld?

Yes, should 29%

No, should not 62%

No opinion 9%

Yes, and it's also of note that in the same poll, 46% of people approve of Bush's job (lowest ever) and only 44% believe the Iraq war was worth it.

I say let the arrogant idiot stay.
Maybe, just maybe, the public will wise up to his arrogant behavior and lies. That's probably asking too much though.
The Bush admin. appeals to the lowest common denominators.
"They're" probably hopelessy brainwashed by now. Maybe a few
will realize that Rummy is no good.

anitram said:
Yes, and it's also of note that in the same poll, 46% of people approve of Bush's job (lowest ever) and only 44% believe the Iraq war was worth it.

Ahh, and its also of note that if the election were held today based on that poll, that Bush would beat Kerry with or without Nadar in the line up.

More people in the poll say Bush would do a better job at handling terrorism and Iraq than Kerry.

Actually, today's poll on CNN showed Kerry beats Bush with our without Nader.
AND Kerry is more trusted in war on terror, which was up until recently Bush's main and only "strengh".
AND more people would vote for Kerry, about a 5 percent lead with or without Nader.

U2girl said:
Actually, today's poll on CNN showed Kerry beats Bush with our without Nader.
AND Kerry is more trusted in war on terror, which was up until recently Bush's main and only "strengh".
AND more people would vote for Kerry, about a 5 percent lead with or without Nader.

Stay tuned for the next poll which should be out in a couple of weeks. The way the media has handled the prison abuse scandle in Iraq has helped to beat up Bush. But once that blows over or settles down a bit in the media, Bush's numbers will improve.

Bush was behind Kerry by 10 points at the start of March which was the end of the Democratic primary season in which Bush had taken a huge beating. By the start of April though, Bush was ahead of Kerry by 8 points.

Back
Top Bottom